Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"I only send to the US" - Why?

Ardoptres

I've just been wondering for a long time now.
WHY will so many of you people not send overseas? Whyyy?

I just don't get it.

Domestic mail usually takes up to 2-3 days avg.
International mail usually tale up to 10 days avg.
People dont want to pay extra for intl postage. As you know domestic mail is usually cheaper. Take Australia for example: Domestic is 50c, Asia/Pacific Region is like $1.25 and Everywhere else is like $2.
Hope that helps

For me it depends on how quickly I need the cards, and I have done serveral trades overseas and it was the only one that they did not recieve but I do believe they gave me the wrong address.

This better belongs in random topic center so I have moved it here.:thumb: And I have wondered the very same question for some time? to me it seems partly discriminating but it is not against any rules or anything and if i see someone who says that and then post on my thread asking for my cards and "will" send to Canada for them then they will be trading/buying it for more than I would sell to others.:biggrin: I know it seems not fair but it kinda evens the playing field.:thumb:

Assuming you're just mailing cards, it's almost negligible to send to the US. 96 cents as opposed to 52 cents. Large numbers of cards won't break the $1.92 mark unless you're shipping in bulk. Overseas is a bit pricier, I admit, but it's only $1.60 to send a bunch of cards. Even if you do a lot of trading, you're not going to break the bank on stamps. Also 10 days isn't going to kill anyone if they exercise a concept known as proper tournament planning.

I'm not sure on the US prices (living in Canada and all), but if they're anything like Canada's, it's stupid to say "I only send domestic." If you're unwilling to pay an extra 50ish cents, or work something out with the other person, maybe you ought to reconsider your trading.

100% agree with you ardoptres. the only people they hurt by not trading with foreigners are themselves, by missing out on a potentially good trade. it only costs 90 cents to send overseas as opposed to 41 inside the US (69 cents to canada and mexico). a majority of the time it only takes 5-7 days to receive something from overseas. i dont get it either.

The main fear is being unable to do anything about overseas traders. In the US, there is something that can be done WRT domestic frauders. "Mail Fraud" is an imperfect system, but it's something that protects people from fraudulent people through the mail. If you're sending overseas, then you don't get that protection.

Also, a lot of people use Registered Mail, or some other means of tracking, in order to protect themselves. The fees for that kind of tracking more than double for overseas packages. It's hard enough paying the $2.50 for the registered mail. It's a LOT tougher paying over $5.00 for a similar trade.

I think some just don't like filling out those customs forms when the package is being sent from the US to some other country. The forms are a bit tedious to fill out each and every single time. (in my opinion anyway)

I don't think shipping costs won't effect it that much for cards. However, if you send something heavy or in a small or above small-sized box, then that's a different story.

It takes about two or so weeks for my packages to reach some places like Germany and Australia. This is because I always choose Priority mail. :)

I also insure my packages, especially when there's something expensive inside. If something ever happens, it's insured. :)

It's very important to have the correct shipping address. I double and sometimes triple check if the customer's address is right.

I'm with Ardoptres on this one (pretty obviously, since I live in Australia). I do more trades overseas than I do within Australia, the postage is 85c Australian (less than 80c US) extra to send overseas ($1 to send a padded envelope within Australia, $1.85 to send it overseas). As for time, it's usually about a week, which I don't have a problem with (you people are way impatient). Once I received something from the UK in two days, which was weird, but as fast as domestic mail. o_o

I've only ever had one card go missing in the mail. And that was a trade within my state in Australia.

Here are a couple of the reasons some people will not send overseas.

US .41 for 1oz and then .17 for each additional oz.
International (not Canada or Mexico) - .90 for 1oz and then .90 again for each additional oz.

Plus the fact things sent overseas tend to get lost a bit more.

JMO (but I send overseas),
Drew

Either the USPS is radically different from Canada Post, or it seems not many people here fully understand the postal system as much as they think.

That's about all I'm getting out of this thread.

Either the USPS is radically different from Canada Post, or it seems not many people here fully understand the postal system as much as they think.

That's about all I'm getting out of this thread.
Ditto, although Australia Post in my case, obviously.

Funny thing about the mail. . . .I've traded with Ardoptres, in Denmark, right? Took about 4 days. Every trade I've ever had with somone in Canada, you know, that big country just to the north of us, took over 2 weeks.

S.

Back