Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

IL State Championship.

Yusuke Urameshi

All I know for certain, is that it will be held at Pastimes in Niles Illinois on March 18th. If anyone else has any information, PM it to me or post it here and I'll update this post.

EDIT: I am adding the information from the Pastimes web site.

Date: March 18th
Time: 11 a.m. registration / 12 Noon Start
Entry: Fee FREE
Format: The tournament is run using the Modified Format and Swiss pairings. See the Tournament Rules for additional information about the Modified and Swiss formats. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

After Swiss rounds are complete, there will be a cut to single-elimination finals. The number of players to qualify for the finals will depend on the total attendance in each age bracket, with a maximum of 8 playing off in any one division. You must fill out a deck registration sheet.

Preliminary rounds will be Age Modified Swiss single game matches. The finals, by age, will be 2-out-of-3 game matches, single elimination.

Prizes: The top finishers in each age group (15+, 11-14, 10 and under) will receive the following prizes:
1st Place
A Pokemon TCG State Champion Trophy
A $300 travel allowance to attend the Origins International Game Expo and participate in the Pokemon TCG National Championships. This award will be given on-site at the event.
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
36 booster packs of Pokemon TCG: EX Legend Maker
Other cool Pokemon Merchandise!

2nd Place: 16 booster packs of the Pokemon TCG: EX Legend Maker

3rd & 4th Place: 8 booster packs of the Pokemon TCG: EX Legend Maker

5th through 8th Place: 4 booster packs of the Pokemon TCG: EX Legend Maker

Participants will receive a Pokemon TCG State Championships promo card, a commemorative State Championships pin, and four (4) POP Series Two 2-card promo packs while supplies last, all just for playing!

Straight off the Pastime Pokemon Site.

Last edited:
Well, we kind of need information. No one else put this up, and I wasn't going to wait for Pastimes to get off their lazy bums to do it. They never would. Vince, if you are Head Judge, I can't wait to meet you. Camille says you are like a PTO GOD. I can't believe there is a better PTO than Camille. Care to prove to me that there is? Your chance is at States, Vince. See you at States Poliwag.

More than likely, Vince is running this event. I too am surprised that there has been no official link to this yet. Since you took it upon yourself to put this up, could u please post the date/time/info for the event? That would be VERY helpful!

1. The date is already up.
2. If I knew the time, I wouldn't be asking other people.
3. Read the first post carefully. I am stating that I need to know that information.

Ahhh, OK. Straight off the OP website...

Date: 3-18
Start: noon

I should be back for this one, depends on my ride back from college.

The link you have posted to their main website doesn't even have any mention of any Pokemon anywhere on it, and their Pokemon site doesn't either, at the moment. But since it's only 3 weeks away, I'm assuming at some point they'll update it. At any rate, you may want to change that link on the top here to their Pokemon site.

Ok, Camille. I'll change it. I just copied and pasted what was on POP. I was told and POP was told that Illinois State Championship will be held on the 18th of March.

It's listed on the Events page, here: http://www.pastimes.net/events.htm

Hey, Vince, did they change the date? It says the 18th on the POP website, but the 19th on the Pastimes site. I need to know this cuz there might be a good amount of Urbana people coming up for this one, and possibly Manitowoc on Sunday. Thx!

Ok, so when is it? Has it been determined yet & I missed it? James & Jimmy wont be there? How come? Someone please update this for me! Thanks!

Confirmed date: March 18th, 2006

Confirmed time: 11 reg, noon start

From what I've heard, the Ballards are going to Iowa to defend their State Championships from last year.

No, sorry, you all have no idea.

The 10- judges for the IL State Championship will be......

Andrew K. 3rd place Nats 2005
James B. 2nd Place Nats 2005

Both have their title! I am not sure if Jimmy is running to IA or not, but I do know that I am getting James!

So, the judges, really, look like this:

Andrew K.
James B.
Ness (maybe)
Colin M. (if he wants to)
Me (cause I am that way!)

Talk to you soon!

Vince

I'm still willing and able to help out wherever you want me to. Any experience b4 Regionals is a good thing...

Back