Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

In your opinion...

Krusiv

what was the most fun format to you? And why? Right now the format is pretty boring in my opinion. Obviously the player who goes second has always had a big advantage, but at least back then your opponent had a chance to play the game. Currently its just:

"lol yay I go second
Candy Champ energy gg
Candy Kingdra energy gg
Candy Rampardos energy gg"

Lock decks are starting to rise up again with the release of Upper Energy (G&G) and Legos is also a very honorable mention for that category but they don't bother me as much as donk decks do. At least the other player has an attempt to play the game despite how locked they are.

That was just my opinion. What's yours?

This is the only format other then GG format that i have played, and i gotta say, i'm loving it.

People complain about the abundance of parity between top tier decks, but I personally enjoy it.

Why is Rampardos even being mentioned?
I havent seen ANY outside of the few times i've gone to league lol. Anyway the format is ok with me, with this new set everything seems like it could be decent now. We just have to practice enough to distinguish the good from the great.

HP-On was my favorite, because I LOVED the deck I was playing. It wasnt godly, but it was MINE. No one else played it ^_^

I hate this format. I want Gardy back.

And something tells me I'll end up hating the DP-RR format too.

Last edited:
I'm also having to say, I do have fond memories of HP-On. Last year was just a Gardy fest, this year seems to be a donk fest more and more. Granted, it's not entirely fair to say all of this season is a donk fest, but it does have quite a few decks that can get quick donks, as opposed to other seasons.

The most fun format to me will always be the Base Set stuff. That's when I first started playing (I was 8 or so), and everything was such a mystery, and you had the feeling that all the cards were so cool, and in my opinion there was much more experimentation with decks and such. However, this could be purely nostalgia.

I like the format we have now, though. I have some fears about the future of SP Pokemon/SP Decks, but overall I think it's a good format that could stand to be a little more diverse.

I actually have a lot of fun in this format starting with a Rare Candy, Fighting Energy, and Machamp, and who knows, maybe that's just not the game. I have had T2 Champ's all the time and the games still end up being good

RS-on was amazing. BARD/RaMBO was amazing... As was MACE....

I agree I loved this format, I think American players did not try hard enough to break it though. So many people assumed Blaziken/Gardevoir/Swampert were unbeatable expect by each other so creative was far less used. I think if we had that format today we would have alot more diversity than we did back than. I still loved Chris Fulops Blossum tech in Blaziken and was kicking my self for not thinking of it. It literally turned an Auto Loss (Walrien) into an auto win becuase no one was teching for it.

I hate this format more than any format I have experienced.

2006-2007 season was my favorite because there were actually EX's, no Basic Pokemon (SP kind), and the Holon Engine was still around.

Banette EX, Shadow Chant FTW. Rare Candy, Empoleon, Scramble. Holon Engine and Scizor EX was nice.

I'd have to say Ne-On and HL-On.

Ne-On, when being a baby pokemon actually meant something. Being able to Copycat, Professor Elm, and then Eeeeeeek all in one turn was just craziness.

HL-On had a very diverse format, even though in the end it was devolving to LBS.

Seriously? Cities was a donk fest.

Well I've only been playing for just over a year - and Cities was when I really got into the game and started to get better.

But donks aside - all the new decks were alot of fun.

Regigigas, Heatran Varients, Gengar, Dusknoir, Scizor, Machamp, Abomasnow, Tyrannitar all from one set was just crazy.

I've only been playing when there was about 4 decks which did well. Suddenly all these great new decks made Cities really intresting.

Back