Time: Registration from 9:00am-10:00am

Play begins at: After Registration and Deck Checks Have Finished

Cost for main tournament:FREE!!!

Tournament Location:
Grand Wayne Center
120 West Jefferson Boulevard
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802
Tournament will be on the second floor of the Grand Wayne Center

All Ages Welcome!! Pokémon Organized Play separates players into three age divisions; Junior, Senior and Masters. The age division that a player participates in is set at the beginning of the tournament season, based on their year of birth, and does not change over the course of that season. This allows players to compete against the same pool of opponents over the course of the season.

The age divisions are as follows: • Junior Division: Born in 2001 or later • Senior Division: Born in 1997, 1998, 1999, or 2000 • Masters Division: Born in 1996 or earlier

What you need to Bring

60 card modified deck (see below for info on modified)
A die/coin and some damage counters (if using a dice for coin flip it has to be transparent)
Extra money for food
Extra money if you want to buy anything from the vendors

Main Tournament Format

All 60-card decks must be made to the current Modified Format which consists of cards from the following card sets:

HeartGold SoulSilver
HeartGold SoulSilver Unleashed
HeartGold SoulSilver Undaunted
HeartGold SoulSilver Triumphant
Call of Legends
Black & White
B&W Emerging Powers
B&W Noble Victories
B&W NeXt Destinies
HeartGold SoulSilver: Trainer Kit
Black & White: Trainer Kit
Black Star Promos HGSS01 & up &BW01 & up
McDonalds Collection

The tournament will be age-modified swiss and you will be given 30 minutes in order to play each round. During this tournament you will only play with 6 prize cards.

Prizes!!

So what can you earn for winning? Everyone will receive 1 States Promo Card while supplies last. Each age group (see above) will receive the following:

1st place:
A Pokémon TCG State Championship Award
A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (U.S. & Canada). This allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships*
36 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies
A first-round bye at the U.S. or Canadian National Championships**
10 Championship Points

2nd place:
A Pokémon TCG State 2nd Place Award
36 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies

3rd place:
A Pokémon TCG State 3rd Place Award
18 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies
6 Championship Points

4th place:
A Pokémon TCG State 4th Place Award
18 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies
6 Championship Points

5th & 8th place:
9 booster packs of Pokemon TCG Next Destinies
5 Championship Points

9th & 12th place:
4 Championship Points (If division attendance is 32 or greater)

13th & 16th place:
3 Championship Points (If division attendance is 64 or greater)

17th & 32th place:
2 Championship Points (If division attendance is 64 or greater)

33rd & 64th place:
1 Championship Points (If division attendance is 128 or greater)

* Players can win multiple travel allowances. Travel allowances must be collected by the winner of record.
** Byes do not stack. Players winning more than one S/P/T event will receive only a first-round bye.

Pokemon Side Events

Note: We will have ability to take Visa/Discover/American Express/Mastercard, however a small charge (15-20 cents depending on cost of side event) will apply...

Lucario 8 Person Tournaments
Cost: $5
Modified format
Prizes:
1st Place: 2 packs of Noble Victories, 60-pack of Lucario Sleeves
2nd Place: 2 packs of cards
3rd-8th place: 1 pack of cards

Pokemon Sleeves 8 Person Tournaments
Cost: $5
Modified format
Prizes:
1st Place: 2 packs of Noble Victories, 60-pack of Pokemon Sleeves
2nd Place: 2 packs of cards
3rd-8th place: 1 pack of cards

Pokemon playmat Tournaments (We will run multiples of these tournaments until out of mats)
Cost: $7
Modified format
Prizes:
1st Place: Pokemon Playmat
Other prizes TBA

Selling Pokemon products

Fantasy Games South Bend will be selling Product, Sleeves, and Dice at this event.. Troll and Toad will be there buying and selling Pokemon singles.
While trading is fine, please note that buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealer(s), or soliciting to do so elsewhere, is strictly forbidden at this event. Failure to obey this rule may result in both the buyer and the seller being removed from the event, and banned from attending future events.

Hotels

Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center
1020 South Calhoun Street
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802
Phone: (260) 420-1100
http://www.hiltonfortwayne.com/

Discount code for Hilton which is attached to the conference center call 1.800.HILTONS and ask to make reservations under the group name Pokemon State Championship or the group code for website: POK for rooms at $95

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I live in AZ now but still have friends and family in Indiana. Sounds like you have a lot of things going on! What kinds of mats are you going to be giving as prizes? Pokemon mats or just solid color ones?

Hmm, taking that to mean they may not actually be in MI?

Thanks
Posted with Mobile style...

Nope that was they may be in Indiana, which I got confirmed today, but they will only be buying and selling singles in Indiana, another company will be there selling product. Fantasy Games out of South Bend will handle all non-single card sales.

why is registration so early?

Dunno what you're talking about. I haven't been to a Constructed Premier tournament in YEARS that had registration starting later than 9:30am. Most of the Chicago area tournaments are 9am regs, possibly earlier depending on the location. This is about the norm from what I've seen.

Dunno what you're talking about. I haven't been to a Constructed Premier tournament in YEARS that had registration starting later than 9:30am. Most of the Chicago area tournaments are 9am regs, possibly earlier depending on the location. This is about the norm from what I've seen.

You haven't been to MI lately I see. 95% of our city-br start at 11.

Posted with Mobile style...

Nope that was they may be in Indiana, which I got confirmed today, but they will only be buying and selling singles in Indiana, another company will be there selling product. Fantasy Games out of South Bend will handle all non-single card sales.

So are you saying that Troll and Toad will only be in IN and not MI?

Is there any chance that TnT will ave any of those Die that you know of? Because they look amazing.

Unless they buy them from the players, no. These were all paid for by myself (hence they there is a limited 200 of them). This isn't a Pokemon Int item. Some of the PTO's accross the country got together and got them made. So it is up to the individual PTO if they put the money down to get them or not. That is why they do not have the state name on them, as creating them in bulk was cheaper that way. Colors will differ thruout the US but some PTO's may have ordered the same color. Color was up to each PTO.

I honestly don't see every player getting these, as last year at Indiana we had 160+ players. This year the only other state running that weekend anywhere close is Wisconsin. Next closest is Arkansas, so I can see this event possibly being as big as Regionals was back in November....

Unless they buy them from the players, no. These were all paid for by myself (hence they there is a limited 200 of them). This isn't a Pokemon Int item. Some of the PTO's accross the country got together and got them made. So it is up to the individual PTO if they put the money down to get them or not. That is why they do not have the state name on them, as creating them in bulk was cheaper that way. Colors will differ thruout the US but some PTO's may have ordered the same color. Color was up to each PTO.

I have never heard PTO's doing that before. Very interesting. I will not be playing unless I can get something in my Zekrom EX tin so I hope I can get my hands on the dice,

I have never heard PTO's doing that before. Very interesting. I will not be playing unless I can get something in my Zekrom EX tin so I hope I can get my hands on the dice,

Anytime there are dice, the PTO put the money forward for them. Most door prizes are paid for by the PTO's. Heck a few years ago I did iPods with the Pokemon Organized Play logo etched into them. However once Apple started doing game apps I couldn't get permission anymore to use the logo. So I had to do something else.

Back