Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Garchomp going to be BIG?

toxictaipan

There was a lot of hype about Garchomp before pre-releases and stuff, but now it's all died down.

Was Garchomp over-hyped, or is everyone just keeping it on the need to know basis?

Chompy FTW!!

I think the major problem with Garchomp over here is...
No one has the LV.X card. :/
People who'd play Togekiss instead of the LV.X card... Are already using stuff such as Ho-oh instead. :/

The LV.X is still amazing in just about every aspect except for how flippy its power is (and I just about ALWAYS get all tails ;_;), and even that's okay since it basically puts opposing pokemon in KO range for Garchomp (normal). But the card being so hard to pull out of packs and the set being out barely before the first few battle roads make it so online purchasing doesn't work either...
Eh, maybe it'll make more of a showing later on. *shrugs*

I play garch, and it is quite good. Especialy chomp x. It is that good. On the BR forum someone came in first with one, so yeah. If it doesn't become big, I'll be the only one using it! ( And in my area, it's the only one, so I'm known as the garchomp guy.)

Well, I'm not talking about just the LV.X. I mean Garchomp decks in general...

But yeah, I think I'll TecH in a Crystal Shard and Battle Frontier anyways. Unless someone wants to change my mind...

I would play garchomp, but the thing is that I don't have any of the MT chomps, just the LV X.:lol:

I think Zach is right. I think the only change removing crystal shard and battle frontier from the format could cause would be Togekiss players removing their Tauros techs or similar. Even then, I don't think it would affect Garchomp potential.

it's good, it's just not very popular, or easy to play, it's not a deck that any idiot can copy a list offline and win tournies with like gardy,

it's still a contender

i just don't think it's that good.

I agree their are just to many counters to it...Battle Frontier, Lati-Lock,any colorless pokemon, Crystal Shard, Cessation Crystal....there are more than what I've listed.

i like it, but only when you use it as an ohko deck. swinging for 110 for 3 attachments just isn't that efficient when most of the big pokemon have around 130hp. this is why i like it with darkrai and weavile. it functions as a damage increasement and energy acceleration engine - pull out basic darks and attach the neccesary basic as the third energy. i don't think the level x should be the focal point of the deck at all but its nice to have the option of splashing in whatever you want. i haven't made any decks for awhile and i don't know much about the current format but i think it sounds good in principal.

It's a card out now called PlusPower.

I would play garchomp, but the thing is that I don't have any of the MT chomps, just the LV X.:lol:

Same here.
One of the mother's of two players at our league (and is a professor) plays a very well bulit garchomp deck that crushed my G&G deck. I think it's very good, and will most definitely be underlooked (at least in some areas).

Lol!!

Sam, do you know how hard it is for me to believe that you don't have a Garchomp? Are these more Mind Games?:eek:

He thinks he gonna make me take out my TecHs so he can beat me easier. :lol:

Just for that, I'm keeping them.

See, he told me he has the LV.X, and I know that he's the kinda guy that if he gets a good list (which he will probably now get), he'll buy/trade cards at the last minute.

Tehe, thanks Kristi!

More opinions are welcome.

Without a viable answer to so many faults (like AByss listed) Garchomp proves a very difficult deck to run in an unknwon metagame. There are too many unknown variables like colorless pokemon, shard, BF, lati-lock, no weakness (blastoise d, eevees, etc.) that weaken it to a high-HP pokemon with a bad attack and free retreat.

The fact of the matter is that if Garchomp were ever as big as GG was/is, then 2 card techs could make it a positive matchup. 2 shard, 2 cess, 2 BF (and wagers), 1-1 lati-lock, 1-1 blastoise d, etc. Too many options to cripple the dragon.

i got farfetch'd, BF'd, lati-locked, furretted, and no-weaknessed all at regionals, so it CAN happen, even when the deck is unexpected.

My chomp deck is realy good, doing well against G&G and with a positive match up against mag ( to bad it's not being used much any more) and empoleon.

Back