Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Join Virginia's Diamond/Pearl Weekend!! May 19 and 20

totoro

TOURNAMENT INFO--Choose one or attend BOTH!!:

I. Date: Saturday, May 19, 2007
Time: Registration is from 11:00 until 11:45. Packs will be passed out promptly at 11:45--don't be late!! Deck building and lunch to follow.

Location: Hobby Works--Fair City Mall (in the mall behind the store!!)
9650 Main St
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 426-8600

II. Date: Sunday, May 20, 2007
Time: Registration from 11:30 until 12:15. Packs will be passed out promptly at 12:15--don't be late!! Deck building and lunch to follow.

14249 Midlothian Turnpike
Midlothian, VA 23113
(804) 594-2845

Bring your POP ID if you have one. If you this is your first event, we'll issue you an ID!!

Entry Fee: $25. All players get 6 brand new, Diamond/Pearl booster packs to make (and keep all!) a 40-card deck (including energy) for use in the tournament. Basic Energy will be provided. Booster packs now contain 10 cards!!

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Floor Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: Diamond/Pearl Prerelease stamped Promo Card and super-secret promotional item. Plus, all participants will receive 2 additional booster packs after the conclusion of the tournament.

Diamond/Pearl Trivia Contest to be held during lunch break in Fairfax. Study up on your new Pokémon!!

Door Prizes: Hey, extra packs, a mini-plushie of one of the coolest water-types known (literally), and an action figure set including Salamence!!! (that's for Fairfax--Midlo folks wait'll I get back from chez Target!)

Edit: Ok, so the item is known. Each player will receive, while supplies last, a set of Exclusive Diamond/Pearl Deck Sleeves

Last edited:
Yeah, one in Central VA and one in NoVA in Fairfax.. But stay tuned for Battle Road details..........:thumb:

probably won't be at either so I can save some money. (my family is going through some tight economic problems right now)

I don't suppose you can push the Midlo ahead about somewere between 1/4 to a 1/2 hour or so later in the day...

I'd love to come, but I don't know when Church will let out. Usually, it's around 12:00-12:15, and my church is a good 15-20 min from the card shop.

Hobby Works will be closing all game activities for the Summer due to construction. So, the Prerelease on May 19 will be the last Pokemon event there for (guessing) the next month and a half after. There most likely won't be a Battle Road in Fairfax unless it is at a different venue, so definitely join us at the prerelease :thumb: .

Diamond/Pearl Trivia Contest to be held during lunch break in Fairfax. Study up on your new Pokémon!!
The number of Pikachu in 1 mole? :eek:

kinda feel dumb for asking,but what are battle roads?
A tournament series that is designed to be more or less premier league tournaments. They are planned to be smaller than Cities and their prize structure is reflective of that. A fun tournament that counts for ranking.

Any word on rules changes or whether Darkness and Metal energy cards will be available as basic energy for drafting?

I hear ya, Time For Pain. I'm going back to a second job over the summer. Even with that, there's no way I'd survive without mommy and daddy :redface:

Ugh, twenty-five dollars for eight packs? You're better off buying a box. I'm not very excited for this set anyway - I'll be sure to go to every DP2 prerelease I can, though - that set is gonna rock so hard.

Has anyone gained word about what the promotional item is? Could it be a notebook, but a hardcover one? :rolleyes: I just hope it isn't pencils or candy canes - those can be sharpened :eek: .

SuperWooper: You better have a better justification for not wanting to go than that. If it isn't your reason, do not add fuel to that fire.

Shadow, everyone at PUI is being very tight-lipped about the promo item. Too many times in the past, the item has leaked and been posted everywhere. I like it this way--no one will have any idea until the first weekend of pre's. Of course, since VA's are on the 2nd weekend, y'all will know what it is in advance--(unless you choose to stay off the boards to maintain the suspense!) Woop is free to attend or not attend--he's been a great supporter of the game--but I DO feel that this pre will be a unique event in many ways.

Shadow, everyone at PUI is being very tight-lipped about the promo item. Too many times in the past, the item has leaked and been posted everywhere. I like it this way--no one will have any idea until the first weekend of pre's.
They didn't tell you, did they? :tongue: j/k

Of course, since VA's are on the 2nd weekend, y'all will know what it is in advance--(unless you choose to stay off the boards to maintain the suspense!)
I intend to use the knowledge to allow me to maintain my sanity. 60 people asking me "What's the secret item?" three times, among other questions...
Unless it is a hardcover notebook, in which case I'll deny my knowledge of the item :lol: . To be fair, hardcover notebooks are more impressive than paperbacks.

Totoro, the last time we were all curious about a secret item, wasn't it a sticker? :eek:

Totoro, the last time we were all curious about a secret item, wasn't it a sticker? :eek:

Haha, that was me pulling the sticker @ a tourny. lol

Everyone was watching me intently, and when I picked up the box, it was light. *ugh*

Fun times.

I hope to be at the Midlo one, I'll see if my dad can drop me off after early church service.

fairfax!! :D .. except.. i still dunno if we're going.... i don't think we are... D: MOOMOOO!!!!!!! oooohh well... is there going to be a battle road in fairfax? anyone?

LGB, like I said in my Post #8 above, there will most likely NOT be a Battle Road in Fairfax. Unless someone knows something I don't, there is no location for one. If you like playing Pokemon at Hobby Works, I strongly encourage that you attend this prerelease if you can.

fairfax!! :D .. except.. i still dunno if we're going.... i don't think we are... D: MOOMOOO!!!!!!! oooohh well... is there going to be a battle road in fairfax? anyone?

Sorry, LGB (and others) no Battle Roads North of Woodbridge in VA. Part of it is simple cost/benefit--these are really designed to be small tourneys. But, I will make the trip to Woodbridge cause you guys up there are great!

Second reason is time. Although BRs run for 5 weeks, I will be far, far away for half of their duration. (Don't worry, I'll be back--I'm not pulling a 'sensei on you)

Hey, I just gave you a hint as to where I'm going, though!!

Back