Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Just Theorymon? A Proposal: Lostgar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn_Party

Lostgar has been a deck that we've been looking at ever since the idea of Lost World was accounced, and everyone rushed to get Gengar Primes (I personally managed to get 6 so far. Gotta stock up now.), but has anyone -tested- this? I tried out a quick list, and realized one thing; it's not working. It just be my fault for a bad list; therefore, I propose this to be the official discussion thread for the deck.

Also, this is the official discussion on Lost World + Gengar Prime: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139371
There's been several different proposals, and with some testing vs Luxchomp and Gyarados, I came up with this list, so far. The list here is whatever I'm currently testing:

Lostgar
60 Cards

Pokemon: 23
4-3-4 Gengar Prime
4 Mew Prime
2 Smeargle UD
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
1 Mesprit
1 Spiritomb TM
1 Unown Q

T/S/S: 25
3 Broken Time-Space
2 Lost World
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Twins
4 Seeker
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Pokemon Rescue
3 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Communication

Energy: 12
10 Psychic
2 Rescue

Strategy: The Strategy is not to take 6 prizes; the goal is to put 6 of your opponent's pokemon into the Lost Zone, and use Lost World to declare yourself the winner of the game, as per the effect of the card. Palkia G Lv. X essentially prevents your opponent from throwing pokemon in hand to the bench to prevent them from getting hit by Gengar Prime's Hurl Into Darkness, and lost zone anything they play about 3 pokemon on the bench. Gengar Lv. X is for shuffling Lv. X's back into the deck if necessary and allow Catasrophe to go off if necessary. The Spiritomb from Triumphant is to refresh their hand and hopefully give them some pokemon to lost zone.

Twins is the main search engine of the deck, as you don't need to take prizes. VS Seeker is to reuse Twins and seeker. Lost World is your win condition, and Broken Time-Space is to evolve to gengar as soon as possible.

I'll test as many suggestions as I possible can, as the deck is already proxied up as you see it here.

Translations:

Lost World – Stadium
Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone.

You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

Last edited:
I don't like mew prime. It's too risky because your pretty much asking for a return KO after everytime you use Mew prime

I don't like mew prime. It's too risky because your pretty much asking for a return KO after everytime you use Mew prime
Which also means you can only put 1 Pokemon in the Lost Zone per turn, whereas it's possible to get 2 or 3 with Gengar Prime.

Mew really isn't a good idea here.

I believe that the idea of mew is to ensure that u can start hurling by t2. While your mew is out there, you build up a gengar prime on ur bench, to continue hurling.

IMO, a mewgar deck would work something like this:
T1 mew sees off gengar prime, collectors for gastly to bench and some other stuff.
T2 mew hurls first pokemon, energy attachment goes to gastly, most likely going to become haunter or gengar alrdy.
T3 mew would most likely get knocked out and u send out either ur gengar to continue hurling or a second mew if the gengar isnt ready.

In most cases, by t3, ur gengar would be ready, therefore u can hurl 2 pokemon alrdy. Most likely, they wouldnt be able to one shot your gengar, therefore, t4 u can hurl 3 pokemon, making 6 in the lost zone for the win.

Obviously, there will be issues, such as disruption/sniping, but mewgar can abuse the twins engine and also, what i stated above is the most ideal set up that a mewgar deck would try to work towards.

^ The problem is that it makes your pokemon it too easy to kill. With Gengar Prime and BTS out, you can always retreat a damage Gengar and seeker it away, thus healing the gengar and adding a pokemon to your opponent's hand. Of course that only works with two gengar primes out (one to heal one to attack), or with warp point (Which I believe is a great addition if playing with palkia g lv x). So they are down to only killing Pixies. In a build I would make I would run it like how SpeedGar with crobat Gs Was created. Except no Crobat gs of course.

My Idea of LostGar (mewgar in this case)
Pokemon:
3-3-4 Gengar Prime (1 extra to LZ)
4 Mew Prime
2 Uxie
2 Mesprit
2 Spiritomb TM

T/S/S:
3 Broken Time-Space
2 Lost World
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Twins
4 Seeker
3 Pokemon Rescue
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Rare Candy

Energy:
15 Psychic
2 Rescue

First off, thanks to everyone who has posted so far!

I believe that the idea of mew is to ensure that u can start hurling by t2. While your mew is out there, you build up a gengar prime on ur bench, to continue hurling.

IMO, a mewgar deck would work something like this:
T1 mew sees off gengar prime, collectors for gastly to bench and some other stuff.
T2 mew hurls first pokemon, energy attachment goes to gastly, most likely going to become haunter or gengar alrdy.
T3 mew would most likely get knocked out and u send out either ur gengar to continue hurling or a second mew if the gengar isnt ready.

In most cases, by t3, ur gengar would be ready, therefore u can hurl 2 pokemon alrdy. Most likely, they wouldnt be able to one shot your gengar, therefore, t4 u can hurl 3 pokemon, making 6 in the lost zone for the win.

Obviously, there will be issues, such as disruption/sniping, but mewgar can abuse the twins engine and also, what i stated above is the most ideal set up that a mewgar deck would try to work towards.

I'm testing the MewGar build that Tylertyphlosion posted with a few adjustments, which I'll cover later in this post. That's basically how it works; I'm testing it now.

^ The problem is that it makes your pokemon it too easy to kill. With Gengar Prime and BTS out, you can always retreat a damage Gengar and seeker it away, thus healing the gengar and adding a pokemon to your opponent's hand. Of course that only works with two gengar primes out (one to heal one to attack), or with warp point (Which I believe is a great addition if playing with palkia g lv x). So they are down to only killing Pixies. In a build I would make I would run it like how SpeedGar with crobat Gs Was created. Except no Crobat gs of course.

I really am a great fan of Palkia G X with Gengar Prime, personally. I'd like to do more testing of that.

My Idea of LostGar (mewgar in this case)
Pokemon:
3-3-4 Gengar Prime (1 extra to LZ)
4 Mew Prime
2 Uxie
2 Mesprit
2 Spiritomb TM

T/S/S:
3 Broken Time-Space
2 Lost World
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Twins
4 Seeker
3 Pokemon Rescue
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Rare Candy

Energy:
15 Psychic
2 Rescue

I've made some adjustments to this list, and it's working great. I added a 4th Gastly, and 2 Unown Q, dropping a couple of the psychic energies. The deck works great.

First off, thanks to everyone who has posted so far!

I've made some adjustments to this list, and it's working great. I added a 4th Gastly, and 2 Unown Q, dropping a couple of the psychic energies. The deck works great.

Good Idea, The Q's are for Uxie/Mespirit starts I assume?
4th Gastly can definitely help with consistency.
And the list I posted will be my variant (if I am going to run it later this season...)

Good Idea, The Q's are for Uxie/Mespirit starts I assume?
4th Gastly can definitely help with consistency.
And the list I posted will be my variant (if I am going to run it later this season...)

It's for the Uxie/Mesprit/Spiritomb start, yeah. It gives me another couple of basics so I don't lose if I start with only Mew.

That's a problem I keep having; I get single basic starts. I'm actually considering Sableyes, to get collector going ASAP.

It's for the Uxie/Mesprit/Spiritomb start, yeah. It gives me another couple of basics so I don't lose if I start with only Mew.

That's a problem I keep having; I get single basic starts. I'm actually considering Sableyes, to get collector going ASAP.

What about smeargle?

I built a generic list and it's own faced every single deck I've put it up against.

This deck is as scary as I was made to believe it was and if the stadium comes out I am SOOOOO not looking forward to states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back