Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Leafeon x Victreebel x Roserade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm interested in trying out a Leafeon/Roserade deck, hoping to get some critiques and advice here, as I'm not too well versed in deck building, though I do have some experience. I understand the victreebel might seem a bit out of place, but I think with the Dodrio it might be a good addition and with pokemon catcher I'm going to want to try and make my deck as fast as possible. Thank you. c:

(20)Pokemon:
-Roselia 61/95 x3
-Roserade 23/95 x3
-Eevee 48/90 x4
-Leafeon 17/90 x4
-houndour x2
-houndoom x2
-drowzee x1
-hypno x1

(24)Trainers:
-Pokemon Collector 91/123 x2
-Copycat x3
-PONT 101/123 x4
-PETM 100/123 x2
-Seeker x2
-Reversal x2
-pokemon communication x2
-flower shop lady x2
-energy exhanger x2
-Switch 104/114 x2
-sage's training x1

(16)Energy:
-Rainbow Energy 104/123 x4
-rescue energy x3
-Grass x 5
-Psychic x 4

The strategy would be to get both leafeon and roserade out asap, attaching the rainbow energies for Miasma Wind and trying to set up Dodrio and Victreebel as that is going on for additional benefits later on. The Victreebel might not be able to do as much as leafeon, but with its pokebody and its attack, I believe it would be a decent addition.

Last edited:
you should maybe put a Espeon prime in there as well and use it as a shield/nuker take out 1 collector and 1 communication and put a couple defenders in there and a Celebi prime is a great staler card i wonder why other people don't use it

you should maybe put a Espeon prime in there as well and use it as a shield/nuker take out 1 collector and 1 communication and put a couple defenders in there and a Celebi prime is a great staler card i wonder why other people don't use it

The espeon seems like a good idea, the defenders I suppose are alright, although I would assume most things would be one-shotted regardless of whether or not they've got defender, and would that slow down my draw engine too much?

The Celebi seems nice too, I feel like the attack would never come in handy though, as it costs three energy, so I'm not sure if I'd want to put it in there?

Last edited:
I have my own version of this, and the pokemon line is as follows

4 Eevee
4 Lefeon
1 Espeon Prime
2 Roselia
2 Roserade
2 Houndor
2 Houndoom Prime
1 Manaphy
1 Tyrogue(sadly)

That's basically my poke line, I have since editted this a bit but I can't give you the list.
I will say this...other key cards for this deck are Rainbow/Pokemon Reversal/Catcher/Junk Arm/SSU/Seeker/Twins.

Its insanely fast, and I have pulled off 150 a turn by turn 2 with this and consistantly knocked out my opponents deck quickly.

This is my current deck right now.
Posted with Mobile style...

OH YES, THE HOUNDOOR, I had originally meant to add that in there, but I had forgotten about him. Thank you for reminding me about that though.

I'm not sure whether I should swap them out with the Dodrio or the Victreebel, as I'm not sure how quickly I'd be able to set that up on the bench before they poke catcher'd it out. ;s

I like the Houndoom i never read its poke power. The thing about stage 1 decks is they can be pummeled late game by stage 2 cards which is why i suggested the defenders, maybe you should remove the Victreebell set add houndoom and a couple defenders that way you can still keep your draw power cards.

PS: i hope we get some leafeon espeon glacion ex's and maybe flarion, joltion, vaporeon will see the light of day after this next expansion i hope the legendary birds come back as well

try seeker, so you could reuse the rainbow energy and heal damages from your pokemon. you've got enough pokemon collector so I think it's better to drop some dual balls. Also I think rescue energy is great to reuse your pokemon, as leafeon easily KOed :)

I also want to build this deck, I am currently trading to get the cards.

I am curious about what its match ups are and what it does good or bad vs.

I like the Houndoom i never read its poke power. The thing about stage 1 decks is they can be pummeled late game by stage 2 cards which is why i suggested the defenders, maybe you should remove the Victreebell set add houndoom and a couple defenders that way you can still keep your draw power cards.

PS: i hope we get some leafeon espeon glacion ex's and maybe flarion, joltion, vaporeon will see the light of day after this next expansion i hope the legendary birds come back as well

try seeker, so you could reuse the rainbow energy and heal damages from your pokemon. you've got enough pokemon collector so I think it's better to drop some dual balls. Also I think rescue energy is great to reuse your pokemon, as leafeon easily KOed :)

Thanks you two, those suggestions are wonderful and greatly appreciated! c:

So heres what I've got thus far, I'm not sure if I should take out the Dodrio line or not, as most of these have 1retreat, but I'm sitting at 63 cards, and I not sure what I should get rid of. ;s

(23)Pokemon:

Roselia 61/95 x3
Roserade 23/95 x3
Eevee 48/90 x2
Eevee 47/90 x2
Espeon Prime x1
Leafeon 17/90 x4
Doduo 45/90 x2
Dodrio 11/90 x2
houndour x2
houndoom x2

(21)Trainers:

Pokemon Collector 91/123 x3
Pokemon Communications 92/123 x2
PONT 101/123 x4
PETM 100/123 x2
Seeker x2
defender x2
Interviewer's Questions 77/95 x2
Rare Candy 82/95 x2
Switch 104/114 x2

(19)Energy:

Rainbow Energy 104/123 x4
rescue energy x3
Grass x 8
Psychic x 4

I don't think you need that many energies, 1 energy to attack, 1 energy to create condition. Id say 15 energy is a good play.
Id also max ouut Seeker, its too good for this deck to not use it. I wouldn't run defender, id rather run pokemon reversal, ko what you want to kol

I don't think you need that many energies, 1 energy to attack, 1 energy to create condition. Id say 15 energy is a good play.
Id also max ouut Seeker, its too good for this deck to not use it. I wouldn't run defender, id rather run pokemon reversal, ko what you want to kol

Alright, I got it down to 16 energies, 'cause I'd like to keep the rescues and rainbows in there, and I don't think I want any less of the other two.

Added another switch, 4 reversals and 4 seekers, took out the dodrio line. I think this is looking pretty good, tbh. I'm not sure if 19 is too few pokemon, but I'm pretty confident about how this is looking.

Also, quick noob question, I' m pretty sure you can use illegal trainer cards if they've been reprinted in a legal set, yes?

(19)Pokemon:

Roselia 61/95 x3
Roserade 23/95 x3
Eevee 48/90 x3
Eevee 47/90 x1
Espeon Prime x1
Leafeon 17/90 x4
houndour x2
houndoom x2

(25)Trainers:

Pokemon Collector 91/123 x3
Pokemon Communications 92/123 x2
PONT 101/123 x4
PETM 100/123 x2
Seeker x4
Reversal x4
Interviewer's Questions 77/95 x3
Switch 104/114 x3

(16)Energy:

Rainbow Energy 104/123 x4
rescue energy x4
Grass x 4
Psychic x 4

Last edited:
I think you should replace some reversal with energy exchanger, it really helps to get the rainbow energy
Put in some judges in order to disrupt your opponent's hand, instead of interviewer's. You don't need that
much interviewer's. I run similar deck, believe me 16 energy is enough.

On your most recent post, I see a total of 16 Supporters. You'd never need to go with that many. Cut at least 1 interviewer's Questions, and possibly 2. Cut a Seeker, 4 is overkill.

Your Eevee's should all be the same- Call for Family. You almost NEVER want to attack with Eevee, and Call for Family is great support to keep you in the game.

You should most likely add a Pokemon Communication and a Flower Shop Lady.

4 Seeker is not an overkill, it is needed for the strategy here. ABUSE Roserade's ability with Rainbow.

I agree with Energy Exchanger, I run 2. My list is weird and a speedy version of this with consistancy.

Still not giving all away after Critques, but my list looks something like this.

4 Eevee
4 Leafeon
1 Espeon Prime
3 Roselia
2 Roserade
2 Houndor
2 Houndoom Prime
2 Manaphy.

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Seeker
3 PETM
2 PONT
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Victory Medal
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Junk Arm
1 Pokemon Reversal
1 Switch

4 Rainbow
4 Grass
4 Psychic
2 Rescue

Like I said previously, you do not need many energy cards with this deck. One card I'm thinking about is Hypno, another special condition card.
The lone reversal is just a Hail Mary card with this deck.

Also, the 3rd Roselia is for the combo to work efficently. Ideally, you want two roselia on the bench, evolve one, drop energy. Seeker, evolve, drop energy.

I think you should add in more hand refresher like juniper, PONT, copycat, and hand disruption such as judge. Also some speed card like sage's training. This deck quickly reduce your hand size.

Judge in this deck wouldn't work without an uxie/claydol type card.
This is my basic list as I said, I do actually have 4 PONT in my true list. This is a pre tweak list.

Well, in my deck I run some judge to disrupt my opponent's hand (usually after they use their search engine), then I would refresh my hand with another PONT or juniper.

Man, I'm really appreciating all of the input I'm getting, thanks a lot for the help guys.

Here's my (hopefully last) revision, after reading your suggestions:

(20)Pokemon:

-Roselia 61/95 x3
-Roserade 23/95 x3
-Eevee 48/90 x4
-Leafeon 17/90 x4
-houndour x2
-houndoom x2
-drowzee x1
-hypno x1

(24)Trainers:

-Pokemon Collector 91/123 x2
-Copycat x3
-PONT 101/123 x4
-PETM 100/123 x2
-Seeker x2
-Reversal x2
-pokemon communication x2
-flower shop lady x2
-energy exhanger x2
-Switch 104/114 x2
-sage's training x1

(16)Energy:

-Rainbow Energy 104/123 x4
-rescue energy x3
-Grass x 5
-Psychic x 4

I decided to take out the Espeon prime and add in a DrowzeexHypno line, hopefully that would help leafeon out just a tad bit more. Cut down on the seekers, switches, reversals, took out the interviewer's and put in flowershop lady and sage's training.

I have built a similar deck however with a different twist.

My pokemon line is this:
4 eevee (call for family)
3 Leafeon
1 Umbreon
2-1-2 Vileplume
2-2 Roserade
2-2 Sunflora
1-1 Houndoom prime

With call for family eevee + sunflora's search power, I have never gotten vileplume out later than turn 3. Most of the time, vileplume lock occurs turn 2. This, of course, would mean that your deck would have to be less trainer focused and more supporter focused.

I have built a similar deck however with a different twist.

My pokemon line is this:
4 eevee (call for family)
3 Leafeon
1 Umbreon
2-1-2 Vileplume
2-2 Roserade
2-2 Sunflora
1-1 Houndoom prime

With call for family eevee + sunflora's search power, I have never gotten vileplume out later than turn 3. Most of the time, vileplume lock occurs turn 2. This, of course, would mean that your deck would have to be less trainer focused and more supporter focused.

Can I get a win/loss ratio for this deck that you have? That actually sounds pretty amazing and my previous deck was a vileplume/trainerlock deck, so I could easily meld the two together. I would have no problem taking out trainers (other than the reversals, that might be a pain). I'd just like to know how successful yours is before I take the chance myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back