Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lodging at Nationals?

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites ten miles down the road. All around a great place to stay.

We arrived at our first hotel, didn't like it.

We then wen't scouting for the one we stayed at two years before, didn't have enough room for all of our party. Or something else was wrong. Who knows.

We then got a friend to look online for better rates and locations online while we drove around the same area scouting for hotels.

Ended up at the Country Inn and Suites BUT our first room didn't have any hot water. Managment quickly bumped us up to a bigger room with hot water and a jacuzzi. Nice continental breakfast (no waffle maker though). The location was next to the highway, an adult establishment, Waffle House, another hotel, and a supermarket which we raided for chips... at like 11:00 p.m.

Heidi was screaming "OMG OMG OMG Look at the prices for cans of tuna" at one point. Supermarkets are always notoriously cheaper up north, so we spent a good hour roaming each aisle.

So, uh, I recommend the Country Inn and Suites!

GymLeaderPhil said:
Heidi was screaming "OMG OMG OMG Look at the prices for cans of tuna" at one point. Supermarkets are always notoriously cheaper up north, so we spent a good hour roaming each aisle.

So, uh, I recommend the Country Inn and Suites!

**am I having deja vu? I know I've heard this somewhere recently :smile: ...**

Funny,

I too I have already reserved Country Inn Suites. I find the chain, reasonable, and enjoyable stay.
The hyatt, which is super close, is booked already.

Let's make the Country Inn Pokemon Central!! (Versus all the other gamers going to the convention.)

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Columbus-West
1155 EVANS WAY COURT COLUMBUS, OH 43228
(614) 853-1257

Regarding Hotels, you can book now, and Cancel latter, there is no cost.

I booked on line for $94 per night for a Suite. They had something in the 70 range, but I rather pay 20 more for the large room and better chance at a good night sleep. Countryinns.com. Again, I have never stayed at this location, but I have stayed in others.

I have had bad hotel experiences, so I am much happier spending more money to a chain that I trust. Also, I am a person who is not into spending 3 hours to try to get the best deal on something. I do suggest you book somewhere. If anyone has a great suggestion, I will just cancel.

Last edited:
Alright, so we're booked in at the days inn for the whopping low rate of $33 per night - wow!!! it's only 2-3 miles from the convention center. I might still cancel if something bette ropen up - do you guys know if there's a parking fee at the convo center?

PhoenixSong said:
Alright, so we're booked in at the days inn for the whopping low rate of $33 per night - wow!!! it's only 2-3 miles from the convention center. I might still cancel if something bette ropen up - do you guys know if there's a parking fee at the convo center?

Do you mind giving me the address... if that was the original hotel we had reservations for last year and we did not like it at all.

GymLeaderPhil said:
Do you mind giving me the address... if that was the original hotel we had reservations for last year and we did not like it at all.

Mmm - that would be good to know! It's 1700 Clara Street.

Assuming it's the same one, what was wrong with it?

The first year we went to Origins was 2002 and we stayed at the Days Inn Columbus-North at 1212 E.Dublin-Granville Road. Pretty standard accomidations, nothing fancy, but a decent room. It's right next to the highway and across it was the hotel we stayed at last year, the Country Inn and Suites Columbus-North at 1111 Mediterranean Avenue. It was an eight mile drive on I-71 to reach the convention center, which with finding a place to park, took no more than ten to fifteen minutes.

However, like I said, before we found the Country Inn and Suites we had reservations for your hotel... it was stuck behind an Arby's, a McDonald's and a strip shopping center. The bathroom was tiny and the room was very small and bordered the interstate. Felt like an oven. Very far away from the lobby. I certainly would not recommend it, I thought I was in the ghettos of Ohio. Sorry!

Last edited:
ouch... jim, we might want to reconsider our current reservations... but still, $33 a night is pretty nice price-wise.

Wow, Phil, now that's what I call a ringing endorsment - you shouldn't go so far out of your way to say nice things about the place! ;-)

OK, so give me a comparison of the neighborhood based against, oh, I dunno, let's say the end of OBT nearest the interestate...

PhoenixSong said:
Wow, Phil, now that's what I call a ringing endorsment - you shouldn't go so far out of your way to say nice things about the place! ;-)
I'm trying not to, but oh well: there were some reviews I read online while looking for the place that stated that their room had graffiti in it and it looked like their door had been kicked in... :wink:

PhoenixSong said:
OK, so give me a comparison of the neighborhood based against, oh, I dunno, let's say the end of OBT nearest the interestate...
Well, while one hotel I know of near I-4 on OBT has mirrored walls and this Days Inn doesn't, it tends to be more of the middle ground. Sorta like where Coliseum of Comics is, some good things and some bad things.

The rate was good for us too and the pictures provided online also made the place actually look decent, but it is far from it.

Last edited:
PenguinMaster said:
ouch... jim, we might want to reconsider our current reservations... but still, $33 a night is pretty nice price-wise.

I am willing to stay int he ghetto unless it looks like I'm going to get shot...

*EDIT* OK, OK, we are considering your very unbiased advice.

Seriously, thanks.

Last edited:
Adv1sor said:
The lowest price is not always the best value.

Words of wisdom, indeed. However, I think people often overlook the fact that they will be in their hotel for probably about 8 hours a day, most of which is going to be spent sleeping. Even the "worst" of our hotels is far better than how 90% of the world's population lives.

Back