Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Most Broken Card released in the last 2 years

jokerjake7

Ok i have some opinions on some cards that just seem broken compared to alot of cards that came out in the last couple years and will come out. If you guys want post your thoughts on my list and also your own lists.

1. Power Spray, Only card that can be activated on your opponents turn thats a trainer and it completely negates a poke-power its super fast in this format and ruins uxie which is like the only draw power evolution decks have anymore. Not only that but it only needs 3 sp pokemon and they are all basic so that is easy AND its super searchable using Cyrus conspiracy so on...BROKEN!

2. Poke-Turn its like Super Scoop Up BUT...no flippy and it only works for SP which makes SP even more BROKEN! and its again super easy to search for. This card makes it so you can dragon rush every turn and bright look all the time...BROKEN!

3. Energy-Gain a trainer that is pretty much an energy making it so you can have 2-3 energy on an SP pokemon in one turn (3 for double colorless) this card speeds up SPs even more for a turn 1 earthquake, or turn 2 Flash Impact or Dragon Rush...BROKEN!

4. Lost World might be coming out in the next set Triumphant this card is a stadium that says if your opponent has 6 or more cards in the lost zone declare yourself the winner....uhhh mhm and like tons of pokemon in the next set and few now send things to the lost zone and you only need 6...uhhh BROKEN! Sure there are ways around it and if your deck is inpokemonly fast like SP you probaly wont have to worry.

These few things really hurt the rogue decks out there and any variations besides decks that can use these cards. I believe personally that next year they should make sure to rotate out Platinum once and for all and give the rest of the decks a chance, and also not bring in Lost World in the next set to really keep competitive play diverse.

JokerJake7 a.k.a a very opinionated anti-SP Pokemon Player

Last edited:
That's news to me, as well.
Source or origin of this info?
this. if they didn't ban GG, i don't think they're banning lost zone, but i've been wrong before. I have to say right now powespray is the most broken card in the format. Stopping powers whenever you want as a trainer is sick nasty.

this. if they didn't ban GG, i don't think they're banning lost zone, but i've been wrong before. I have to say right now powespray is the most broken card in the format. Stopping powers whenever you want as a trainer is sick nasty.

Power Spray isn't the best card.

Sure it's one of them - But Poketurn & Cyrus beat it for sure, along with maybe some other cards.

i think they should just ban lost world then Gengar prime wont be that bad

Yeah I agree with you there lol, both those cards seem broken IMO, well not alone Gengar Prime isn't but with the stadium yes.

If they ban both then rogue decks will have a chance along with if platinum is rotated out. I'm a rogue player and I should know lol, I REFUSE to use those broken sps decks or some of the popular decks like Machamp, ect.

We could ban Gengar Prime instead of Lost World.

That way, we could still have a new win condition to play to, except it won't be as hectic.

Yeah I agree with you there lol, both those cards seem broken IMO, well not alone Gengar Prime isn't but with the stadium yes.

If they ban both then rogue decks will have a chance along with if platinum is rotated out. I'm a rogue player and I should know lol, I REFUSE to use those broken sps decks or some of the popular decks like Machamp, ect.

A real rogue deck COUNTERS the metagame.

It doesn't sit there waiting for rotations and bans to make life easy for it.

That's the difference between playing a proper rogue deck and playing a bunch of sub par cards just to be 'original'.

That's the difference between playing a proper rogue deck and playing a bunch of sub par cards just to be 'original'.

does that mean my dialgachomp with like 300 tech cards is rogue?? hahaha

Not to be offensive or aything but kinda feels a bit insulting. <_< but I know what you mean hahaha!

So True.

Gengar isn't broken, T-tar OHKO's it easy. :thumb:

ya, if u OHKO gengar its to easy to win... But if you cant, its really really hard to win...

I want it to be banned, but It doesnt have to be haha...

i play rogue, and i could care less if gengar is or is not banned.

I'll play the deck, but i will always love the feeling of walking into a tournament with a deck nobody has ever thought of and walk out with a smile on my face because i made top 5.

Lol, "I hate cards that are good, ban everything except Breloom SV and Bibarel SF."

These threads are DUMB, get over the SP hate

^^ Im on the same boat as you.
SP is good, but there are things that counter it.

and all the broken cards are the TGI's..
i think someone is upset because they cant afford luxchomp. :lol:

Magikarp SF, amazing draw-power, NO ENERGY, is a splashable powerhouse. Throw in a Gyrados (preferably HGSS, the stormfront one is just BAD) and attach a memory berry. BAM! TANK with draw every other turn!

Well it will be tough to cope with Gengar and lost world if they are both out and legal. I hope that it can be stopped....

Back