Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on My Darkrai Hydreigon for Cities!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vablakes

Hello Pokegym! I am Vablakes, and I plan on hitting 3 City Championships this year. I aim to win at least one, and I would like to Top Cut another. That is why I come to you, people of Pokegym. I want all the advice I can get. I'll go ahead and post my list.

Pokemon- 16
3 Hydreigon DRX Ability
1 Zweilous DRX (Draw In)
4 Deino DRX (Deep Growl)
3 Darkrai-EX
3 Sableye
1 Shaymin-EX
1 Cresselia-EX/Mewtwo-EX (can't decide which I want to run)

T/S/S- 33
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
1 Bianca
3 Skyla
1 Computer Search
4 Dark Patch
3 Max Potion
2 Eviolite
3 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Catcher
1 Dark Claw
1 Tool Scrapper

Energy- 11
4 Blend DPGR
7 Dark

The main strategy of the deck is simple. Every time a Pokemon is about to be KOed, you Dark Trance the Energy off of it with Hydreigon, Max Potion the damage and move the energy back. I'll just go over some of the cards.

Darkrai-EX: Your main attacker.

Hydreigon: One of your main support Pokemon. Also functions as a secondary attacker.

Sableye: Your other main support Pokemon. Junk Hunt allows you to search your discard for two Items and put them in your hand for one dark energy. Gets back Computer Search, Catcher, Max Potion, ect.

Mewtwo-EX/Cresselia-EX: your main Terrakion counter. Also counters Keldeo. Can also be used to sweep through decks that don't use Mewtwo. All around great card.

Shaymin-EX: Your come from behind card. Can also be used to take your last couple prizes on an EX. Also helps beat Keldeo.

Tool Scrapper: I have lost to many games because of Eviolite. It can give me the edge in a Darkrai war.

Everything else should be self explanatory.

Let me know what you think of my list!

Last edited:
I would play it if I had one. I might try to buy one if I can get one in time. What would you suggest removing?

Either shaymin or Reshiram. Reshiram is probably the best take out, but I don't know how much you like it. It also depends the amount of Landorus and paralysis decks in your area.

i play darkrai hydregion myself, and ive found a single switch to be great, i dont like keldeo as a tech for two reasons. 1 - the deck already plays 2 techs, mewtwo counter and shaymin, a 3rd is too many in my oppinion and 2 - its a bench sitter that they get 2 prizes from

also, -2 bianca +2 skyla. skyla with comp search is a huge consistancy booster for this deck and ive found 4 N and 4 Juniper to be plenty of draw support.

Either shaymin or Reshiram. Reshiram is probably the best take out, but I don't know how much you like it. It also depends the amount of Landorus and paralysis decks in your area.
I don't know how many Para decks I'll see, it is Seniors after all.
i play darkrai hydregion myself, and ive found a single switch to be great, i dont like keldeo as a tech for two reasons. 1 - the deck already plays 2 techs, mewtwo counter and shaymin, a 3rd is too many in my oppinion and 2 - its a bench sitter that they get 2 prizes from

also, -2 bianca +2 skyla. skyla with comp search is a huge consistancy booster for this deck and ive found 4 N and 4 Juniper to be plenty of draw support.

I don't actually own a Skyla. :( I'll see if I can get 2.

But with Keldeo you can get it out with ultra ball. Switch you have to use skyla, which imo is a waste of a supporter. Plus switch doesn't take hits and deal them out to landorus.

it only hits 100 to a landures, i would just as soon use sigliph or shaymin, hit it with 30 on night spear and dragon blast him

it only hits 100 to a landures, i would just as soon use sigliph or shaymin, hit it with 30 on night spear and dragon blast him

First off, you can't night spear/Dragonblast him because he has 130 hp. Second, if you are in the beginning of a game and you are staring down a Landorus with a potential 3 energy land hammer (or whatever the second attack is called), you don't want to send out Shaymin to do 30-90, and then it dies. Sigi will only do so much damage (however I still like sigi XD), but Keldeo can...

A) Take a hit from Landorus
B) hit it for a 2HKO.

In theory Keldeo is much better, but I urge you to do what makes you feel comfortable.

using night spear get landures down to 120 then you can use dragon blast to ko it. and dont use shaymin early game, wait till your opp draws at least 4 prizes

Neither does Keldeo if you know how to play it.

Hey let's use night spear and then lose 3 energy from Landorus. Yeah you won't have 7 energy by that time.

you can double night spear a benched landures, use eviolight and he cant one shot you unless he discards, if he gets koed thats what sableye and darkpatches are for. and i generally have 2 powered up darkrai and a hydregion by turn 4 or 5

you can double night spear a benched landures, use eviolight and he cant one shot you unless he discards, if he gets koed thats what sableye and darkpatches are for. and i generally have 2 powered up darkrai and a hydregion by turn 4 or 5

Yeah but my opponent usually has 3 energy on Landorus by Turn 3. The deck can trade well with Landorus, which is why keldeo can TAKE THE HIT from Landorus. That or Mewtwo, but I find Keldeo better for that use. The way you are saying is if you can have a lot of situational stuff.

i ran darkrai/hydregion at my local clubs pre-cities warm up tournament we had to play test for out cities and landures was no trouble at all, there was no situationalness about it

Landorus isnt as bad of a match up for Darkrai as people think. I went toe to toe with the best landorus deck I have ever seen and only lost because of my own misplay. As for your deck OP, I would make a few changes. First, a 4th Deino helps a lot. It boosts the consistency of this deck. Second, its not so much as a change as it is another option. Mewtwo is a great card but have you thought about using Cresselia EX instead? Mewtwo is very versatile but when it comes to Mewtwo wars you will lose. This way you win the Mewtwo war hands down. It also helps when your running low on Max Potions. Attack with Cresselia retreat and self heal and get ready to go back up. I would take out Shaymin and/or Reshiram I have played with both and the just dont cut it for me. Too many times I have started with Shaymin EX and then he just sits there for 2 free prizes because he is useless until late game.

Your trainer line looks good. I would only change two things. Drop one Eviolite and add a Dark Claw. That card won me so many matches during regionals and Cities. It is amazing when you night spear a benched Terrakion and then drag it up and hit it for 110. And that goes for almost every other bench sitter as well. Blastiose now becomes a one shot after a 30 night spear. It also helps punch through their Eviolites if you cant hit or already have used your Tool Scapper. I eventually dropped my Super Rod for other things. After all my matches and all the matches I watched Judging the top cuts at cities I noticed they were hardly ever used. Mostly just discarded away with Trainers. I also prefer my dark patches and Max Potions switched. You can get by with only 3 Dark patches but its very hard to win if your not getting your Max Potions when you need them. So I run 3 Patches and 4 Max Potions. You might also want to consider using Level Ball. I have two in my deck and it helps a lot with getting out those first Deino and that Random Zwelious.

As for supporters I play 4 N 4 Juniper and 3 Bianca. I dont like Skyla. Mostly because of the cards Graphic. I think its too inappropriate and I dont want to see that while im playing so I dont play it. I do fine with the Bianca and have yet to see any issues.

4 Blend 7 Dark seems to be the norm for the energy line in this deck. I was finding it hard to get my darks when I needed them so I switched one blend for another dark. I have had no problems with it except for when a hammer Sigyliph deck tried walling me. Sableye/Dark Claw took care of that problem though.

Those are just my thoughts on the whole thing. I have been playing a lot matches with the deck and thats what I like. This is my list I use.

4 Deino drx 93
1 Zweilious drx 95 (for those random mirror match KO's on Hydreigon)
3 Hydreigon (ability)
3 Sableye
3 Darkrai (promos cause the art is the best :p)
1 Cresselia

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca

3 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Dark Patch
3 Catcher
4 Max Potion
1 Computer Search
1 Tool Scrapper
2 Eviolite
1 Dark Claw

3 Blend
8 Dark

Pokemon: 16
3 Darkrai-EX
3 Hydreigon DRX 97
1 Zweilos DRX 96
3 Deino DRX 93
3 Sableye DEX
1 Mewtwo-EX
1 Shaymin-EX
1 Reshiram-EX

T/S/S: 33
1 Computer Search
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Eviolite
1 Super Rod
1 Random Receiver
3 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
4 Dark Patch
3 Max Potion
1 Tool Scrapper
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca

Energy: 11
4 Bland GRPD
7 Dark

2 eviolite instade of 3

reshiram ex is good but i prefer virizion ep 100 X 2 for keldeo ex and 100 X 2 in terakion

you can play keldeo ex (because victini and anchwatt or raikou is powerful)

Thank you all for the replies! I have decided to make these changes:
-1 Reshiram-EX
-1 Super Rod

+1 Deino
+1 Dark Claw

And, @Assassia_Theif, I tried Cresselia, but I found that without Mewtwo Blastoise/Keldeo would just set up a massive Keldeo and sweep though my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back