Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nationals at the Sprint Center

Happiny13

Well pjwlrs and I were talking about where to hold nationals. Our first thoughts were "Oh my gosh! Let's have nationals five minutes away from our house." Our second thought was that The Sprint Center could hold an exciting nationals. Think of how you feel at a concert or a sports game. The lights flashing everywhere, the sound carrying through the whole building, it all gives you a rush of excitement. The Sprint Center should have plenty of room for nationals. There are plenty of ways to get food, you could have an amazing game of kareoke, and we can even have live performances. There are plenty of places for family to sit and stay. It is also near the center of the U.S. I think this might be a new thrilling change to a convention center. Now that I have listed all of the pros to this idea, it's your turn to put your opinion. Discuss.

Last edited:
The Sprint Center is in the heart of Downtown Kansas City, Right off of I-35 with plenty of hotels/restaurants around. There are also many attractions in that area of Kansas City, Kauffman Stadium home of the Kansas City Royals, Worlds of Fun, The Legends, Kansas Speedway, etc There are all sorts of things you can do in the Kansas City area. Plus the Sprint Center is very large so there should be plenty of room there. This is just our idea and I know we may be biased because it's in our area but it's still a worthy place to hold a large event such as this.

Indy was perfect. There's no need to go globetrotting when this year's Nationals was probably the most successful US Nationals they've put on in terms of the venue and location.

Indy was perfect. There's no need to go globetrotting when this year's Nationals was probably the most successful US Nationals they've put on in terms of the venue and location.

That doesn't mean that things can't be improved. Nothing's perfect. I think an event at something like this would be exhilarating with performances. options for a light show, and many other things.

Nah, they could put it in Baltimore and it'd REALLY be perfect.:thumb:

If KC got nats that would be tight. Because St. Louis got nothin on Gate's Barbecue.

---------- Post added 08/12/2010 at 09:49 PM ----------

Nah, they could put it in Baltimore and it'd REALLY be perfect.:thumb:

Keep in mind Baltimore is not a central location.

Can we discuss WHY this is a good/bad idea? Instead of saying how good Indy was, or how good another city is, Or trolling...

Eh...fine. Good: KC isn't overly expensive, is in the middle of the country, has a very nice venue. Bad: It's, well, Kansas City. Not the most exciting place ever, but it does have a lot of cool historical stuff.

Indy was perfect. The 3rd day when the top 32 were playing they even shut off half of the room and there was still plenty of room! There was a food court literally 30 yards from where the main event was held. Perfect parking placed everywhere. 5 dollars for 24 hours. Everything ran smooth. Hotels everywhere. And food places were everywhere even outside the center. U say nothings perfect so lets try something new. Give me reasons why it wasnt perfect? Plus indy is in the "midwest" not much more to explain to being in the center of the u.s.a.! Nationals should be held there every year. Im from california so obviously im not complaining to get it closer. Your 2010 - 2011 pokemon nationals should be indy. Nothing was imperfect. Thank you!

'People of walmart' would lose half of it's pictures without KC
Agreed. Went in there at 8:30pm one time to get an icee and was liek 0_o

---------- Post added 08/13/2010 at 09:08 AM ----------

KC is more central than indy, btw.

---------- Post added 08/13/2010 at 09:09 AM ----------

KC is more central than indy, btw.

If KC got nats that would be tight. Because St. Louis got nothin on Gate's Barbecue.

---------- Post added 08/12/2010 at 09:49 PM ----------

Keep in mind Baltimore is not a central location.

With props to KC, St Louis, TX, and NC, if BBQ is the determining factor in choosing a Nats location, then I'm looking forward to playing in Memphis soon.

I travel, I eat, and I have tasted BBQ in all of the typically lauded locations, Memphis is King. Just sayin'.

Back