Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Neopets TCG is released!

mysterioustrainer

Yesterday at 7-Eleven I saw that Wizards of the Coast new TCG, Neopets has finally released their starter decks. They cost about 13 dollars but includes an additional sample pack with it. I didn't get one so I don't know its contents.

If you're really really really interested, and i have the time, i'll post the contents of the deck. :eek: yeah i bought a deck. And some boosters. Even read the directions (have to "tap" to play some cards!). Also got all 4 Simpsons Decks and some boosters.......

Curse my lack of money and time! I wish I could play ALL these games... Pokémon, NeoPets, Magic, Simpsons, and the upcoming Duel Masters. Bleh.... all I have time for is Pokémon and NeoPets (for now).

My thought is Neopets is coming at a time when the TCG market is OVERSATURATED, with the strong sales of the "Big 3" (M:TG, Pokemon and YGO), I don't forsee many good things for this game.

Truthfully, even if I WERE a fan of Neopets, the taste left in my mouth from my last experience with WotC is still a bit on the sour side.

My two cents,

Skywolf1

Now, I havn't even tried it, nor I plan too... but from what I've seen, its a bit unusual. It seems to be a nich game, kinda like Harry Potter. I'd expect it will do modestly but I don't think it will take off like Pokémon, Magic, or (*strugles to type*) YuGiOh.

I can see it doing well with the NeoPets kids - but $3.50 retail (not even $3.49 :() for an 8-card booster...suffice it to say that Benjamin got his wish (the starter), but we're NOT going there.

It really is an odd game, and not without its faults... Instead of coins, we have a die... There are ways of getting around it (Certain cards will negate an opposing roll, or drop all stats down to one), but I forsee "randomness" complaints... Ah... deja vu all over again...

I got booster packs at Target for$2.99 and at 2 different card shops for that same price. I've also seen the starter set on line for 7.99, which isn't bad since you get a booster pack with it.

Hey, if any of you who have bought booster packs don't play the online
neopets virtual game, would you mind letting me use your virtual rare item codes that came with them? My son and I play online and we could use them if you don't. Just private message me with the codes through the pokegym.
We would really appreciate it, but if not, that's OK

We are going to have a learn to play neopets clinic before our pokemon league for two weeks in a row to see if there is interest in this game.And
actually, two stores I went to were sold out of the booster packs so it might actually do OK. I've tried it and it is pretty simple, but seems fun so far.

I was hoping to get a Starter Deck in the Professor Package, but I guess MLB Showdown was in more of a need of promoting.

I guess I'll just have to go buy a deck. I leaned how to play at GenCon, and it didn't seem too bad, so...

Last edited:
The Fish King got a deck hours ago, and I palyed him
and I don't know what to think. It seems to have alot
of useless cards. I guess its like buying air.

I wish I could like Neopets and I wish Wizards the best with it... BUT: come on, we all know this is Wizard's "we lost Pokémon, but hey - here's our new game with colorful, cute monsters"-game.

You're right, yet another evil Wizards of the Coast plot! We must stop them before it's too late! Down with Neopets! Long live Pokemon!!!

OK, maybe that was a bit too silly. :)

Tego said:
I wish I could like Neopets and I wish Wizards the best with it... BUT: come on, we all know this is Wizard's "we lost Pokémon, but hey - here's our new game with colorful, cute monsters"-game.

No no, the Neopets people actually first went to Wizards with this game quite a while before Wizards lost Pokemon if I recall correctly.

Yes. If I remember correctly, a press release stating they had the liscence to the game went up a little over two months before they lost Poké.

I'd hate to start rumors and dig old the past, but does anyone think that NP is why they lost Poké?

Back