Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nevada State Championships Information is up and updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonstar

Saturday, March 19, 2005

1641 E. Sunset Rd., Suite 111
Las Vegas, NV

Time
Registration opens at Noon; the event begins at 1 pm [This has been changed to a later start time to allow for travellers from SoCal. So...take note Nevadans, them boys down South are coming and mean business...better sharpen up your gameplay and decks!]

Entry Fee
Free!

How to Sign-up and Play
Please arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to the start of the tournament—just download it now, fill it out, and bring it with you!

Prizes
Prizes for each age group are:

1st — State Champion Trophy*, VIP Badge, Prize bag, 24 booster packs, Winner Pin, and a 4-day Origins pass and $300 travel award for Nationals
2nd — 16 booster packs
3rd-4th — 8 booster packs
5th-8th — 4 booster packs

*There will be a form for the Origins badge that must be mailed directly to Origins. There will be a form for the trophy plaque and the VIP badge that must be mailed to PUI. VIP badges will sent out in one big batch after Nationals. These badges will be good for prereleases, starting in August. Players can only earn one VIP badge no matter how many events they win. Anyone who does not turn in their form in time will lose their prize. The travel award will be given out at Origins. Players must attend Nationals to collect this portion of the prize.

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss-style, with Top 2-8 single elimination in each age group

Booster draft side events will also be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$15 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Tournament Format
Modified

It doesn't list anything about the State Championship card, State Championship pin, or the POP Series 1 booster but they probably just forgot to list them since all the regulars already know about them.

As a Side Note: I was thinking of trying to get a league started there since Cheeseboy Comics closed down but I still have what was left of the kit so who would be able to go there if leagues were run there on Saturdays around the same time they were run at Cheeseboy?

Last edited:
Hey DragonStar,

just so you dont *wig* out...I just wanted to let you know that "CALI" players will be making an APPEARANCE at "YOUR STATES"!!! Ok...so PLEASE, greet us with OPEN ARMS and start MAKING YOUR "COUNTER DECKS" ;) and whatever else you did from last years "STATES"...haha!!!

So VEGAS, let's get ready to RUMBLE!!! And we'll be seeing ya's...OH YEAH!!!

PEACE OUT

TEAM LA

bummer. you should've held it the same weekend as the big Poker tournament (March12-13).

Don't let those CA players take your NV States title.

Hey Dragonstar,

Just to let u know that another Team From Cali is goin to show up with Team LA. And just like Charizard_Breeder said "Dont do wat u did last year at State and greet us with respect". U r very welcome to come to Cali State to try to win our Trophy. And remember to make a Counter Deck against all of us. :lol:

Ahhhh! There is nothing more I love than the sweet smell of beaten california players. I came first last year and have no intention of losing to out of state players. I must say you california players have quite a task ahead of you. T. Evolution by the way dosen't do countering against scrub decks, with that in mind I can assure there will be no countering of any sort going on. Enough of the rough talk though.
Good luck on coming down here, enjoy your time, and have fun. If you need any info. before coming down PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Nevada vs California=Better Rivalry then Yankee's vs Red Socks
Is William Hung comming?

Stripes said:
Ahhhh! There is nothing more I love than the sweet smell of beaten california players. I came first last year and have no intention of losing to out of state players. I must say you california players have quite a task ahead of you. T. Evolution by the way dosen't do countering against scrub decks, with that in mind I can assure there will be no countering of any sort going on. Enough of the rough talk though.
Good luck on coming down here, enjoy your time, and have fun. If you need any info. before coming down PM me and I'll be glad to help.

stop kissing up to CA people they shouldn't come last year when they came i got 5th last time :nonono:
i want to have a chance for worlds and because hat is out of my age group i dont want any to get in my way :frown: i dont want to lose again

LOL.

Suggestion to NV players. Just watch the early results of the other States tournaments. CA players are known for their inability to "think outside of the box." So, they'll be copying the decks that are winning other regionals.

Suggestion to CA players. Bring lots of extra cash. About the only thing you'll have a chance of winning are at the gambling tables.

:biggrin: :tongue:

"Would you like some bread with that spam, mam?"

Last edited:
Who is this guy? Wait, Steve, aren't you that guy whos like 40 and plays competitively with your children? We don't see much of that in California. Most of the adults here have JOBS.

Last edited:
Don't worry Martin. Those guys are jealous because they're decks full of fossils stink so much. Just Burns it. Buck buck buck

Last edited:
*coughs and glares* Can we keep it civil, please? A certain amount of joking around and trashtalk is fine among the concerned parties, but I really don't see the need for outsiders to be stirring up additional flames...

Back on topic, please?
'mom

Hey StevenP, Guess who won Neveda state Champion for 15+ last year? tic toc tic toc tic toc

Well time up, It Paul A. from Cali with a Flygon Deck. :tongue:

I think that 3rd place Professor Championship trophy on my shelf says a bit about my playing skills.

Just inciting a bit of harmless, friendly rivalry. I'd certainly be playing at NV States had the timing been right.

Good luck NV players. Just band together and playtest before the CA crew shows up. You'll get a good idea of what they might be playing since CA States is two weeks prior.

Last edited:
I'll try to show up for this. This time I won't just play for the honor of San Diego, but for all of California.

Ten Reasons Nevada is awful:

(In no order ofcourse)

1. Matt Dunford
2. Kevin Franklin
3. Kevin Nguyen
4. John Justiano

5. Chad Harris
6. Chris Silver

7. Chung Lye
8. Matt Yuen
9. Paul Andrede
10. Nick Esky

GG.

Last edited:
Team Or-ee-gon may also make an apperance by the way. Were in it for the fun though, the fun of seeing both cali and NV lose to us. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back