Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nevada State Tourney Info/Final Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
http://members.cox.net/ptegames/pokemon/StateChamps-NV.htm

Saturday, March 19, 2005

1641 E. Sunset Rd., Suite 111
Las Vegas, NV

Time
Registration opens at Noon; the event begins at 1 pm [This has been changed to a later start time to allow for travellers from SoCal. So...take note Nevadans, them boys down South are coming and mean business...better sharpen up your gameplay and decks!]

Entry Fee
Free!

How to Sign-up and Play
Please arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to the start of the tournament—just download it now, fill it out, and bring it with you!

Prizes
Prizes for each age group are:

1st — State Champion Trophy*, VIP Badge, Prize bag, 24 booster packs, Winner Pin, and a 4-day Origins pass and $300 travel award for Nationals
2nd — 16 booster packs
3rd-4th — 8 booster packs
5th-8th — 4 booster packs

*There will be a form for the Origins badge that must be mailed directly to Origins. There will be a form for the trophy plaque and the VIP badge that must be mailed to PUI. VIP badges will sent out in one big batch after Nationals. These badges will be good for prereleases, starting in August. Players can only earn one VIP badge no matter how many events they win. Anyone who does not turn in their form in time will lose their prize. The travel award will be given out at Origins. Players must attend Nationals to collect this portion of the prize.

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss-style, with Top 2-8 single elimination in each age group

Booster draft side events will also be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$15 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Tournament Format
Modified

More Questions?
If you have questions that were not answered, email us at [email protected]

Last edited:
How about everyone from the old thread post here with how many people will be coming with them so we can get an idea of how many people will be there. There will probably be about 25-30 Nevadan players there.

Last edited:
SD PokéMom said:
Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss-style, with Top 2-8 single elimination in each age group

More Questions?
If you have questions that were not answered, email us at [email protected]

I also want to clarify the structure. The Top 2-8 will be best of 3 game matches. The single elimination refers to the matches- if you lose a match, you're eliminated.
This applies to both the California and the Nevada State Championships.

I banned all the people who thought they were above the law in the other thread for two weeks. If I see anyone else post ANYTHING that is trashtalking, namecalling, or anything else I deem unnecessary, you will instantly be banned permanently. Period. Don`t believe me? Try me.

`Sensei

Last edited:
how big is the store the event is being held at? because I'm probably going to have to judge the AZ state I'm planing on bringing the family and a few friends. With all the people that claim they are going I was wondering if the store is going to be big enough?

BLiZz

BLiZzArD said:
how big is the store the event is being held at? because I'm probably going to have to judge the AZ state I'm planing on bringing the family and a few friends. With all the people that claim they are going I was wondering if the store is going to be big enough?

BLiZz
I don't know what there maximum cappacity is, that's why I was asking how many people were planning on going so I could ask the store owner if there would be room for everone.

Oh, and as far as food goes, I don't think there are any restraunts or fast food places in walking distance but there is a PT's Pub in the same shopping center for those old enough to go in there.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I've been told the store can hold approx. 90-100 players so we should be fine. A preliminary head count wouldn't be a bad idea though.

I've got 1 coming- tentatively 2.

EDIT:
One other thing, just say if you're coming- no more "we're coming to clean house!" type posts, thanks!

Last edited:
sorry but they made me mad :thumb: :mad:

Edit: That`s a poor excuse. Look, post on topic, don`t throw any jabs (don`t trashtalk,put down, etc.), and don`t violate any rules, period. You have this one chance. Do anything I just told you not to do, and it`s instant permaban including your IP. Don`t mess this up and be happy I`m giving you one last chance... - `Sensei

Last edited by a moderator:
pig19042001 said:
sorry but they made me mad :thumb: :mad:
Mad? For just replying to the roll call/headcount, as requested? =/

*waits for 'sensei to read the thread*

'mom :nonono:

SD PokéMom said:
BEFORE posting AGAIN, I _strongly_ suggest reading sensei's post above: http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=204775&postcount=14 because the three posts that have been deleted have been OFF TOPIC according to that post.

Want to issue a 'challenge'? Do it via email, IM or PM and keep it _off_ our board!

'mom
:nonono:
Ya, I've seen that post and what I posted had what to do with that post?????? There was no trash talk or put downs and it WAS on topic since it would be happening at states. Oh, and why should I PM every member of Team LA when I can just post it, that way if they accept and people want to see the match they would know to show up early to watch. I guess we'll just see what Sensei thinks since I just sent him a PM about this.

Last edited:
"Show up early" when the tourney time was pushed back because of travel time for the CA players? Makes sense to ME...and no, this does NOT have anything to do with the NV state championship, as it is not an official side event.

'mom

Last edited:
SD PokéMom said:
"Show up early" when the tourney time was pushed back because of travel time for the CA players? Makes sense to ME...and no, this does NOT have anything to do with the NV state championship, as it is not an official side event.

'mom
It would make sence to you wouldn't it Californian......and since when does it have to be an official side event to have something to do with the state championship.......oh wait it doesn't. With your logic if people posted what they would like to trade for at states that would even be offtopic since trading is not an official side event :nonono: .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back