Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Hail Blizzard Psycho Drive scans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full art Exs, oh my Arceus yes.

Thoughts:
Levanny: FINALLY a no weakness card. I like it.
Moltres/Articuno, kinda older school energy cost/damage for a basic, not useful but i like
Kyogre will suffer because of Catcher, but it isnt BAD really.
Luxray: Eh. 1 energy 60 and board damage to give it a good partner in Kyruem. We REALLY needed more 1 energy 60. We really did.
Scrafty: One of those solid stage 1s that dies to power creep
Cinccino: ......
WHY ;-; so much stupid luck involved with this card.

Gardy: Cool, want to know more
Prism energy.....YAY MORE BASIC SUPPORT FFFFFFFFFFF
Level Ball: Cool
Shaymin ex: o.o Best revenge prizer ever. Taken 4 prizes? 150 damage for 2 energy, take THAT Ross.dec

Luxray+ Dragons
Mewtwo EX+Gardevoir+Jirachi
I think I like the normal arts better than the full arts. Anyone else?

Wow...just...wow. I'm fairly new to the game but this seems like an awesome combo:

Hydreigon + Kyurem + Kyogre Ex ftw. Oh yeah!

Gardy + Goth. *shudder*

Also, nice to see FAs are sticking around.

Full art Exs, oh my Arceus yes.

Thoughts:
Levanny: FINALLY a no weakness card. I like it.
Moltres/Articuno, kinda older school energy cost/damage for a basic, not useful but i like
Kyogre will suffer because of Catcher, but it isnt BAD really.
Luxray: Eh. 1 energy 60 and board damage to give it a good partner in Kyruem. We REALLY needed more 1 energy 60. We really did.
Scrafty: One of those solid stage 1s that dies to power creep
Cinccino: ......
WHY ;-; so much stupid luck involved with this card.

Gardy: Cool, want to know more
Prism energy.....YAY MORE BASIC SUPPORT FFFFFFFFFFF
Level Ball: Cool
Shaymin ex: o.o Best revenge prizer ever. Taken 4 prizes? 150 damage for 2 energy, take THAT Ross.dec

I don't see most decks having the consistency to run Leavanny. When we had Exploud, we had Uxie.

Okay everyone, get your Goths now, because they'll be 20 a piece (at least) when we get this set. I'll be the first to call this possible BDIF. :biggrin:

Wow... it looks like EXP.ALL is being reprinted. At least the art is pretty close to the older card if it is.

Not a fan of Prism Energy unless another minor drawback is added. So many overpowered basics in the format as it is now, why do they keep beefing them up?

Yay! Fossil Haunter is back! (Cincinno)

Don't have that much problem with the Luxray having a 60-damage single energy attack as it is a Stage 2.

Glad to see that Full Art cards aren't going away. I love having FAs.

@Dr. Mason, i realize, i just like the option. Its nothing too over the top but it can be crazy when applied correctly.

And omg, Gothevoir, 3 energy 150 GG.

Oh that's right, Mewtwo EX would deal 320 damage to said Goth with a DCE. Calm down people.

Lol, with Sapphire Birch.

@Dr. Mason, i realize, i just like the option. Its nothing too over the top but it can be crazy when applied correctly.

And omg, Gothevoir, 3 energy 150 GG.

Oh that's right, Mewtwo EX would deal 320 damage to said Goth with a DCE. Calm down people.

Lol, with Sapphire Birch.

DCE doesnt work with garde. Needs to be a basic psychic. mewtwo does 40 for 1 energy 80 for 2 and 120 for 3 + more for each energy the opp has on the active.

Luxray: Probably one of the best of the bunch. 60 for one and 140HP is solid. Don't underestimate this, I'm pretty sure it'll see some play at some point (maybe not this format, but eventually).

Shaymin EX: solid game ender for 2 energy, but the low HP combo'd with bad weakness and EX rule puts this kinda low as anything but a game ender.

Birds: Articuno is a maybe as some sort of bad donphan counter, but I just think both of these cards are very sub-par.

Kyogre EX: I can't really see this card seeing much play outside of kyurem. Namely because of the ex rule, and because kyurem is better than it in so many ways. Still, it has potential late game.

Scrafty and Cinccino: Both underwhelming stage 1's. I do love the artwork on cinccino though. <3 One of my fav pokemon! =3

Gardy: It's pretty good with gothi, but you have to keep in mind it's a format with mewtwo ex. Not to say that gothi won't be good in combination with this, but if it gets popular I think the format would be able to handle it. Definitely helps though it's more of a late game card as I don't see it dismissing reuniclus from the deck.

Level ball: Cool! Mainly will be good if we don't get a collector replacement.

Prism Energy: The idea would be good if basics weren't getting huge power boosts, and more support from the likes of evolite. It's not a huge deal though, but definitely continues to push players towards playing big basics over stage 1 and stage 2 pokemon.

New Tool: Meh, I don't see this really seeing much play.

Zoroark: I love the new artwork, but I'm not sure I want zoroark to stick around for as many rotations as it is going to now. Oh well, no skin off my nose.

Leavanny: almost forgot about this guy. Remember how much play exploud saw last format? Well this card is a weaker version of exploud with worse attacks, and it's in a format with less draw. Did I mention catcher makes stage 2 techs really hard to pull off? Have fun with this guy. =3

Not trying to step on any toes with this, and just giving off honest opinions. I do have to say though, I'm liking the ratio of cards that at least have potential to the the number of bad cards. Seems to be close to a 1:1 ratio when you look at rare which is better than we've seen in awhile.

You guys missed the earlier Heavy Ball, which IMO is a nice little searching card.

Some of these cards a quite interesting, I must say. I really want to see Psycho drive now, and the rest of the cards from this set.

Also, am I the only one that likes the nomral EXs way, WAY more than the full arts?

What they were thinking at BW3 and BW2:
Yeah we took SP's away, let make basic's the new SP;we take Legendary pokemon and give them high HP and cards that help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back