Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Dog4377

The latest promo, DP44, is a Magnezone. Its text is the following:

Magnezone Lv.53 :lightning 130HP

:lightningCharge Beam 30 Damage
Search your discard pile for an Energy card and attach it to Magnezone

:lightning:metal::colorless:colorlessMetallic Bolt 60 Damage
You may discard a :lightning Energy and a :metal: Energy attached to Magnezone. If you do, this attack's base damage is 120 instead of 60.

Weakness: :fighting:+30 Resistance: :metal:-20 Retreat Cost: :colorless:colorless

This makes me excited. Magnezone finally acquires that heavy hitter that it has lacked. In addition, this is one of the very few Pokemon that allow you to attach any energy card from the discard pile to it. That means all kinds of nice things are fair game, such as Rainbow Energy, Multi Energy, Call Energy, etc. It may bring Magnezone out of obscurity for once.

this thing is pretty awesome. with the SF lightning magenozne and vire SW you can pull off 120 each turn. you also get special metal powers with magnezone X and paralyzes when needed.

that 120 is good, and with the energy attach 'zone it is crazy.
Then you have the option to do either 120 per turn, or 80 + paralyze per turn.

When will this be released? In time for regionals? And did anyone attempt to play Magnezone at States? If so, I'd be interested in results.

A Senior went T4 with MagneVire at Illinois. Dunno what happened elsewhere...

It is out now, so it may be legal. I don't know, but it likely depends on whether it was released before last week's States, which I doubt. I probably would have tried to use it this past weekend if I could have gotten my hands on one, but I didn't go to States.

Thanks bullados. Do you know what he ran with it? Also, is the Magnezone part of a blister pack? Any idea of where it's sold?

It is out now, so it may be legal. I don't know, but it likely depends on whether it was released before last week's States, which I doubt. I probably would have tried to use it this past weekend if I could have gotten my hands on one, but I didn't go to States.
How do we know if this is legal for US regionals?

The latest promo, DP44, is a Magnezone. Its text is the following:

Magnezone Lv.53 :lightning 130HP

:lightningCharge Beam 30 Damage
Search your discard pile for an Energy card and attach it to Magnezone

:lightning:metal::colorless:colorlessMetallic Bolt 60 Damage
You may discard a :lightning Energy and a :metal: Energy attached to Magnezone. If you do, this attack's base damage is 120 instead of 60.

Weakness: :fighting:+30 Resistance: :metal:-20 Retreat Cost: :colorless:colorless

This makes me excited. Magnezone finally acquires that heavy hitter that it has lacked. In addition, this is one of the very few Pokemon that allow you to attach any energy card from the discard pile to it. That means all kinds of nice things are fair game, such as Rainbow Energy, Multi Energy, Call Energy, etc. It may bring Magnezone out of obscurity for once.

1. The other Promo deals 100 for 1 discard. So I don't get you saying that Magnezone always lacked a heavy hitter. I went 4-2 with it at a States (Stupid Macheap.).

2. Yeah, the attach ANY energy card for just 1 :lightning is great.

3. I do think it should be played in it's own deck with this one as the main attacker. It's just that different with the other Magnezones. It also has nothing about it that can help you overcome that huge attack costs while the other Promo benefits from it's :metal: typing and a Staling attack.

At first glance I didnt think much of this new promo other than "Wow... now there are 6 Magnezones." Given a day though I rethought about it and there is much potential. I actually went and got one yesterday.:biggrin:

At afstandopleren,
Out of curiosity what Magnezones did you use for that cities deck of yours, I want to guess other than teh DP 32 you had teh DP and teh Lv. X. Would you mind saying?

I played 2 Zone Promo, 1 Zone SF (The Lightning 1) and Magnezone LV.X with 2-2 Dialga G LV.X Tech.
Plus some Switch and Warp since I had no more room for Zone DP mostly because I wanted to play Dialga G. Would clash Body wise anyways.
Worked pretty good. Especially VS Toxitank. Dialga G can't be Poison Structured and Resistance makes Toxicroak just whiff. I also didn't play a single Energy Gain so I could attach Unown G.

Personally I think that teh Energy Gains woulda been more useful only because you cant block Poison Structure but thats just me. I defiantly never even thought or considered that way to run it.

errr, I just make sure I keep DIalga G Active. That makes Toxitank decks squeel if they haven't teched for it.
Also, Metal types in general have an decent advantege over Psychic types. So I'm not really concerned about Zone being poisoned.

Also, is the Magnezone part of a blister pack? Any idea of where it's sold?
I got mine at Best Buy for 9.99. It was a box with the promo card, 2 Platinum boosters, 2 POP8 packs, and a nice poster that shows the entire Platinum line-up.

A word to the wise--if the people at Best Buy tell you such a thing doesn't exist, don't believe them. A cashier guy and then a manager guy very rudely told me that they didn't sell Pokemon cards. At all. Ever. I figured I ought to go back and look by the video games just in case. They discouraged me from doing so, because after all, I was obviously out of my mind for thinking there was such a thing in the store. But I pressed on. Naturally, I found a couple dozen of the promo boxes displayed right by the DS accessories. I guess my persistence was rewarded, 'cause I got a Rare Candy out of the deal! :smile:

I found this at a Best Buy outside of Mystic, CT. I picked up two... I figured I would never play more than 2 in a deck. And, I DO love my Magnezone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back