Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NEW PKMN and Advanced Gen. Series to follow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I updated something for pkmn games in general, pokebeach.com/ has good pics of the new pkmn which were revealed recently. Cherimu is a grass type pkmn, Pachirisu is an electric type, and Dorapion is a
dark/poison pkmn (interesting combo). More info can also be found at serebii.net. You can find pics of the new rival and evil Team Galaxy at pokemonpalace.net.

It also appears that the new season (after the Battle Frontier saga), will bring about the new D/P
pkmn and the female heroine from the game. No other info is known at the moment, in terms of whether we will see Ash and company return to the show.

CMT

Last edited:
the bottom of the first page, below the DS box art, there is something that references 31st of January 2007, anyone have any info on what it is referring to? Bangiras? WPM?

Serebii is reporting Dorapion as a Poison/Dark type, which would be an odd evo from Ground/Flying Gligar. Then again, Gligar could always get a type change, and Poison/Dark only having a Ground weakness makes for a really cool fighter (until everyone remembers Earthquake). I'm intrigued by what Cherimu might evolve into...

I doubt Dorapion will evolve from Gligar or into Gligar. Look at Plusle/Minum/this new squrrel pokemon. They all look like they might be baby forms of Pikachu, but there is no relationship at all.

super tr@iner said:
does this have anything with TCG to do?
Exactly.
This has NOTHING to do with the TCG.
It belongs in electronic games, and, guess what, there's already a topic there.
Therefore, this topic is useless.

This has everything to do with tcg news and gossip....after all this is gossip!!! Quit bashing posts. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything :mad: :mad: BT!!! There are been other posts that have nothing to do with tcg and yet your not going after them.... so just quit it.

Originally posted by gutsygligar

Serebii is reporting Dorapion as a Poison/Dark type, which would be an odd evo from Ground/Flying Gligar. Then again, Gligar could always get a type change, and Poison/Dark only having a Ground weakness makes for a really cool fighter (until everyone remembers Earthquake). I'm intrigued by what Cherimu might evolve into...

Who knows if Dorapion evolves from or into Gligar, personally I think it has the features to be part of a evolution line with gligar, but we will not know until D/P is released in sept.

CMT

CHARIZARDMASTERTRAINER said:
This has everything to do with tcg news and gossip....after all this is gossip!!! Quit bashing posts. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything :mad: :mad: BT!!! There are been other posts that have nothing to do with tcg and yet your not going after them.... so just quit it.

Who knows if Dorapion evolves from or into Gligar, personally I think it has the features to be part of a evolution line with gligar, but we will not know until D/P is released in sept.

CMT

Nope. This is not TCG Gossip, therefore, it doesn't belong here. This forum's name may be misleading, it should probably be renamed to TCG News & TCG Gossip, although most people would think that that is implied.
If ANY gossip could go here, the electronics forum wouldn't be needed.
And btw, I'm not bashing. I'm merely stating my opinion. And I have seen no other posts here that don't have to do with the TCG. Either way, there's already a topic for this in the APPROPRIATE forum.
---
Dorapion has NO relation to Gligar, I guarentee you that.
It can't be a baby form of him, it's too big and scary looking.
It can't evolve from him, a Pokemon would not LOSE its wings when it evolved. Evolution is supposed to make Pokemon grow stronger and adapt to new environments, kind of like evolution in the real world. Losing wings would not be a positive change, and therefore, would not be a trait taken on by evolving further.

Burninating_Torchic said:
Exactly.
This has NOTHING to do with the TCG.
It belongs in electronic games, and, guess what, there's already a topic there.
Therefore, this topic is useless.
Technically it don't have to do with only the two games, but all things Pokemon, as eventually these critters will have cards of their own.

My guess: God Pokemon=automatic ban from OP, especially if they're basics. Yeah, this is really turning into Yu-Gi-Oh(though better IMHO)
Burninating_Torchic said:
Dorapion has NO relation to Gligar, I guarentee you that.
It can't be a baby form of him, it's too big and scary looking.
It can't evolve from him, a Pokemon would not LOSE its wings when it evolved. Evolution is supposed to make Pokemon grow stronger and adapt to new environments, kind of like evolution in the real world. Losing wings would not be a positive change, and therefore, would not be a trait taken on by evolving further.
Not that I disagree with your point, but losing wings isn't necissarily a bad thing, especially if it hinders underground/underwater movement.

Though I still agree that it still isn't a relation to Gligar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back