NORTHWEST Regional Championship - Portland OR - April 8, 2006

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
NORTHWEST REGIONAL POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIP

Basic Information

Location: Ambridge Event Center, 300 N.E. Multnomah Street, Portland OR

Date - Saturday, April 8th, 2006

Time - 9:00 AM (registration and deck checks) 11:00 AM (play begins) The main tournament will last 5 to 6 hours

Three Age Divisions - 10 & under / 11 to 14 / 15 & over

Format – Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck)
Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)

Cost - FREE

Additional Information - Call (503) 888-1366 or e-mail [email protected]

Food - We will take a Lunch break around noon and a Dinner break when we cut to the Finals. A number of restaurants are located within walking distance including Red Robin, Burgerville and Denny’s. Players are welcome to bring their lunch/dinner and eat on site.

Prizes Prizes Prizes

• The top 8 players in each of the three age divisions (10 & under, 11 to 14, 15 & over) get the following prizes:
1st Place - A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy / An invitation to the Pokémon TCG US National Championships with travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) / A scholarship award worth $2000 / A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place - A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy / A scholarship award worth $1000 / A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

3rd Place - A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy / A scholarship award worth $750 / A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

4th Place - A scholarship award worth $750 / A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th through 8th Place - A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions​
  • All players get a Special Promo card, Pin and 2 POP Series-2 cards (while supplies last)
  • Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items!!!

Side Events

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: Revised Rules!!! Throughout the day, there will be a Gameboy advance tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own GBA and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the GBA tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 70 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mew, Mewtwo, Latias, Latios, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Celebi are banned; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match (These include: Moonlight, Milk Drink, Morning sun, Dream Eater, Rest, Recover, Explosion, Selfdestruct, Slack Off, Soft Boiled, Swallow, Synthesis, Wish – there may be others, so when in doubt, ask the judge before you enter); "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark).
Entry fee - FREE

8 Person Mini-Tournaments: We will run 8 person Booster Drafts and/or Theme Deck Tournaments throughout the day, as soon as we get 8 people signed up. The tournaments will most likely start as the main tournament is finishing. All cards used are yours to keep. Prizes for 1st - 4th places will be Boosters from current Pokémon TCG expansions.
Entry fee - $15.00

Last edited:
ToysRUsKid said:
=[, i wanted to come too...

Same date as NorCal again =[[[
Believe me, Susan and I tried to work it our so they were on different dates this year. It is very difficult to find space for an event of this size in April. We both had only one real choice and the dates happened to be the same again. :frown:

BDS

Big Daddy Snorlax said:
Believe me, Susan and I tried to work it our so they were on different dates this year. It is very difficult to find space for an event of this size in April. We both had only one real choice and the dates happened to be the same again. :frown:

BDS

Yeah, I understand :D, nothing to do about the dates.

It's in Portland again! YAY!!:clap: :clap:

That Regionals trophy will look nice right next to my States trophy and multiple Cities medals.:biggrin: :tongue:

Don't count on it Flaming Vegetable. This isn't cities anymore, this is right in the middle of the OPTWOBFNSNSBN season. Washington=Sweep. :cool:

Pidgeotto Trainer said:
Don't count on it Flaming Vegetable. This isn't cities anymore, this is right in the middle of the OPTWOBFNSNSBN season. Washington=Sweep. :cool:

Exactly, let the secret testing of countering oregon's theme decks begin :tongue:

Articjedi said:
Exactly, let the secret testing of countering oregon's theme decks begin :tongue:

Big problem for you: Golden Sky has no weakness! No. I'm serious. It's like, the best deck EVER. Nothing that you could bring from Washington even close to rivals its power. Just try to metagame against it. You're doomed to failure.

Flaming_Spinach said:
It's in Portland again! YAY!!:clap: :clap:

That Regionals trophy will look nice right next to my States trophy and multiple Cities medals.:biggrin: :tongue:
i dont think that you realize that you aren't good. So i dont think your going to be able to beat levi, Ross, hell even lucas. So yah that reginals trophy will look good next to my States, Worlds, Nationals, City medals. ( i actually have the trophys, unlike you.) :frown:

pickle

Last edited:
Back