Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Platinum Prereleases in Virginia!!

totoro

Can you catch Shaymin?

The following Platinum Prereleases are ready to go in Virginia:

*The times and locations:

Saturday, Jan 31: Warrenton (Hobbies, etc).
Preregistration not required.
Address: 251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699 , Warrenton, 20186
Registration time: 11-11:45am

Sunday, Feb 1: Midlothian (Battle City Games--new prerelease venue).
Address: 11031 Hull Street Rd, Midlothian, 23112
Registration time: 11-11:30am
Give Cary a call at (804) 276-7529 to preregister. We can accommodate a lot, but it's nice to know how many tables to set up in advance!!

Saturday, Feb 7: Fairfax (Hobby Works).
Preregistration required--call: (703) 426-8600 and ask for Flight 1 or Flight 2, then specify "main event" or "theme deck challenge."
Address: 9650 Main St, Fairfax, 22031
Flight 1's registration time 11:00-11:45am
Flight 2's registration time 3:00-3:30pm.
These events are BIG, so please preregister!!

Sunday, Feb 8: Virginia Beach (Comic Kings).
Preregistration is not required.
Address: 5196 Fairfield Shopping Center, Virginia Beach, 23464
Registration time: 11-11:30am

Fairfax and Warrenton are supporting two formats (while supplies last), the Sealed Deck and Theme Deck Challenge. At this time, Virginia Beach and Midlothian are supporting only the Sealed Deck format--but let us know if you'd like us to add the TDC to these venues!!!

Sealed Deck (main event): This is the standard prerelease format. Players create 40-card decks, not limited by the 4-per-name rule, from the cards they receive in 6 Stormfront booster packs and play in a tournament. Basic energy cards will be provided and needs to be returned at the end of the event. Each player receives a promotional card (while supplies last), a pack of 60 card sleeves (while supplies last), and 2 additional booster packs (while supplies last) at the end of the event. This format is recommended for veteran/experienced and returning players.

Theme Deck Challenge: Players select from the theme decks of the Platinum set. Without changing the deck, players play in a tournament in which only other theme deck challenge players participate (the Sealed Deck players play in their own tournament). They keep all of the deck's contents. Each player receives a promotional card (while supplies last), a pack of 60 card sleeves (while supplies last), and 4 additional booster packs (while supplies last) at the end of the event. This format is recommended for players whose skills at deck construction are not too strong, rookie players, and returning players.

*Entry fee: $25 per player.

*Age Divisions: Assuming necessary attendance, the three age groups will play in within their own divisions:
Juniors: born in 1998 or later
Seniors: born in 1994, 1995, 1996, or 1997
Masters: born in 1993 or earlier

*Lunch/Breaks:
Fairfax will not have time allotted for breaks due to the shortness of each of the flights. Please bring snacks and/or screw-top container beverages (no "restaurant cups" or cans) if you feel you may need them. Water is encouraged as the beverage of choice.

Warrenton, Virginia Beach, and Midlothian will have time allotted for breaks.

All four locations have restaurants within walking distance from them.

This is great. I'll see if I can bring some new faces to Fairfax.

It would be great for them to see a "big crowd" event and get them even more excited about Pokemon TCG.

Yay. Not too far away.

I'll be at Fairfax and Warrenton- maybe Midlo and the very small chance of VA beach.

This just in:
For the Midlothian event on 2/1, any participant who comes dressed in their team colors (Arizona or Pittsburgh) will receive a random Japanese Card from Pt 1 or Pt 2!! Plus, we will be done in plenty of time for the big game (even if you're coming from other parts of the Commonwealth!!)

Aww sweet, STEELERS/PITTSBURG WILL WIN!!!

Look's like I'll be coming to fairfax and warrenton, maybe Midlothian.

Can't wait for the new set!

This just in:
For the Midlothian event on 2/1, any participant who comes dressed in their team colors (Arizona or Pittsburgh) will receive a random Japanese Card from Pt 1 or Pt 2!! Plus, we will be done in plenty of time for the big game (even if you're coming from other parts of the Commonwealth!!)

So if I wear my Buc's jersey I would get one? Sweet, free card for wearing red.

I'll be at Fairfax.

All your Dialga G Lv.X are belong to us!

All your Dialga G Lv.X are belong to us!

This... doesn't make sense. Is the "are" supposed to be there?

I want to know what I messed up.

I'll be at Fairfax, not any others because of distance/other prereleases. It's not worth going to Midlo to play.

It's supposed to be bad grammar. Never heard the phrase "All your insertnamehere are belong to us"?

He DID say "colors" and not actual Jerseys / paraphanalia !

I was gonna rock a Santa Suit and be like " Cardinals Represent! ...... uh .. Can I get that IFDS Gigas ? "

He DID say "colors" and not actual Jerseys / paraphanalia !

I was gonna rock a Santa Suit and be like " Cardinals Represent! ...... uh .. Can I get that IFDS Gigas ? "

that's what I was going off of. Bucs do have the same color as the Cards but oh well.

Javier brought it to my attention that I'm judging at Warrenton next weekend. Why doesn't anybody tell me these things?! *lol*

hum... I didn't ask off for that...

I'll be sure to wear some Steelers clothing, because we KNOW they're going to win. =)

Side note: RA, I just noticed you got a prof. logo. Nice job!

AK, this is JUST for the Midlo event on SB Sunday, not for Warrenton, VA Beach, or Fairfax..

Javier brought it to my attention that I'm judging at Warrenton next weekend. Why doesn't anybody tell me these things?! *lol*

Ummm, I sent out an email to you on Jan 17, 6:20 PM on my "private" email (verizon) Everybody seems to have rec'd it but you, my friend..... :wink:
Seriously, check your box and lmk if you didn't receive it.

Last edited:
Hmmm...if i go to Midlo i'll have to get some cardinals stuff...

Back