Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Platinum Shaymin Revealed!

LegacyEeveeVGC

displayimage.php

The Gratitude Pokémon Shaymin (Platinum, 14/127) premiers in the Pokémon TCG with 2 fantastic attacks. Don't let its cute demeanor fool you—this Grass-type Pokémon plays for keeps! Shaymin's Flower Aroma attack delivers only 10 damage, but it causes the Defending Pokémon to be Asleep—no coin flip required. It also removes 2 damage counters from Shaymin, which is important since it has a relatively low 70 Hit Points. Its Damage Aid attack has the ability to hit the Defending Pokémon for 80 damage, and it requires only 2 Energy to execute. The attack lands for an immediate 30, and if the Defending Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition (which it could be, thanks to Flower Aroma), the attack does 30 damage plus 50 more damage. Special Conditions are then removed from the Defending Pokémon, unless of course it is already Knocked Out!

For a better image of the card:
Offical Image

Source and more info:
Go-Pokemon News

New Zangoose CALLS YOU OUT.

[C] Call Out: Choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and switch it with your opponent's Active Pokemon. Then, the newly brought in Pokemon takes 20 damage.

Praise the PokeLord for good Zangoose, amen.

New Zangoose CALLS YOU OUT.

[C] Call Out: Choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and switch it with your opponent's Active Pokemon. Then, the newly brought in Pokemon takes 20 damage.

Praise the PokeLord for good Zangoose, amen.

All the more reason for me to run Switch/Warp Energy

Can't wait for Shaymin X.
Let's all make Speedrill with it guyzzz! LOL

Shaymin X makes Garbage Chute insane. Now, I just gotta find a new name for the deck..... Flower Child just doesn't fit, IMO...

I don't know whether I'm waiting for Shaymin Lv. X or Darkrai Lv. X...

... You know what would be ironic? If someone found a way to use both in the same deck effectively...

Bogus :] Dialga Lv X is actually not hard to counter.
Once the dialgia hits the playing field, its usually an instant prize due to the enough damage on your guy and maybe another right after that. He's easily the best counter to shaymin and definately wrecks nearly all grass decks (no sceppy/cherrim/shaymin=bad day). Theres a reasonable counter to dialgia but its so hard to find room for it that I don't expect many grass decks to manage to find room for it.

Torterra + Shaymin Lv.X= 160 or 200 HP. How can ANYONE pass that up. who cares about Dialga G Lv.X. Forrest Murmurs that thing and hit it hard and Shaymin Lv.x will gladly give Torterra an extra 40 HP =)

Use first attack and hope they can't retreat, warp, switch whatever.

You will have to be pretty lucky if they can't switch him out, and you need to do a nice amount of damage to KO him on your next turn.
Also, since Zangoose's damage output is not anywhere near 120, I don't think it will stop Dialga G Lv. X, or too many other things for that matter...

You will have to be pretty lucky if they can't switch him out, and you need to do a nice amount of damage to KO him on your next turn.
Also, since Zangoose's damage output is not anywhere near 120, I don't think it will stop Dialga G Lv. X, or too many other things for that matter...

Yeah, getting Dialga G Lv.X to the bench is just as easy as getting Claydol back to the bench.

Oh wait...

Anyway, are there enough threatening non-SP Poke-Bodies to make Dialga G Lv.X a commonly used TecH? Wild Growth and Gratitude are good reasons, and maybe Snow Veil or Chilly Breath. But those are just a few, rarely seen Poke-Bodies (with the exception of Snow Veil).

Everyone wants to donk or lockdown nowadays, not setup a bunch of Pokemon with Poke-Bodies to get their deck going. I don't see stopping Poke-Bodies being a priority in the near future.

If Shaymin Lv.X turns out to be popular like Dusknoir (which I doubt), then sure, Dialga G Lv.X could be the Unown G that spells it's demise (though it isn't nearly as easy to fit in a deck, or get into play). Otherwise, Shaymin will be a good card in it's own rite.

Last edited:
Back