Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokebeach: A 'Note' About Prerelease Scans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that they would have gone into production a loooong time ago. Forgetting it wouldn't be until 2013 that they went out wouldn't be that hard to do.

Besides, it's not exactly an earth-shattering mistake.

I like the discussion has been about the cards he posted rather then the cards he said he won't be posting (early)

once his numbers drop i think he will start posting them again. i always look forward to spoiler season very disappointed that we won't get it this time around

My first thought, reading through the essay was, "and he miraculously rolled over one day and decided not to upload prerelease scans?" It really didn't feel believable for him to have changed his mind on the matter, because he's never shown any signs of feeling bad for doing it.

I kept reading through the essay and when he'd say he was immature, he wasn't lying. The way he snubbed his nose to many opportunities just made me roll my eyes. Can't believe anyone would do that.

Near the end, I still find it hard to believe that this person has changed his way of thinking. It almost feels like an april fools joke.

But, I will say that who I am today is completely different than who I was in high school and I understand how someone can grow very significantly, in social skills, in wisdom, in maturity, in just a few years into college, because I did so myself. I look back at things I did in high school and just hate it. So with that, I understand where he is coming from, and wish him best of luck in whichever direction he plans to venture in.

Sometimes when you burn bridges, you can't rebuild those foundations because they are too badly damaged. This is a clear case. He had way too many chances to fix this issue while the bridges were being burned, but he always chose not to do. The fact that he is trying now is truly an empty gesture. He has said things in the past and then went back on them. I could go on, but think that generalize what has happened here.

Drew

Being away for 7 months I must have missed exactly what happened, so, what happened? What did he do that is held in the negative? If this is off topic, please dont reply. Just kind of shocked.

I take it prerelease attendances are down everywhere? To me its little wonder they've jacked up the prices and sucked all the competitiveness out of the events. Also, its not that the sets have been bad in recent years. Its more to do with the fact that sets are just so dull and uninspiring since the EXs came back. I used to goto 3-4 a year, but now I'm only usually doing 1.

Just saying but what was the point of posting prerelease cards anyway? Sure there are a few surprises that weren't in the Japanese set but usually they're pretty bad. One way to get over Pokebeach's lost is that I think they're still posting Japanese cards and if not, heaps of sites post Japanese cards so really I don't think anybody suffers from this loss too much.

I am less likely to go to a prerelease if I don't know what is in the set.

I could understand the point of not posting scans if we were on track with Japanese releases but we are not and they change the sets all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back