Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym Night Fever!

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
Posted for Chrisbo:

ORIGINS – Fun format tourney presented by PokeGym, Saturday July 2.

Saturday night after the first day of US Nationals at Origins, the staff of PokeGym and Team Compendium would like to invite you to participate in a fun, non-sanctioned, tournament just for kicks. We’re kind of making it up as we go so there aren’t many details yet (we like to surprise people :biggrin:), but we do request that anyone wishing to participate must bring six (6) booster packs from ANY English Pokemon-TCG expansion, Base Set thru Emerald (no Japanese or other non-English cards). This will be a good chance to clear out some of your old boosters that you forgot about on the shelf (Neo: Destiny or Team Rocket original, anyone?).

We will probably start either around 7:00 pm or an hour or so after Nationals-Day1 finishes up, in order to give everyone enough time to grab some dinner beforehand. However, we would prefer as many people as possible to pre-register early so that we can get a rough idea of how many people to plan for and so we can get the tournament started as quickly as possible. The PokeGym staff will be working at Origins throughout the weekend, so when you’re ready to pre-register just ask one of the judges or scorekeepers and they’ll point out who we are.

Location? Another good question. Since we’re kind of winging this, we’ll probably just host it in an unused part of the TCG area. Again, for more details, see the PokeGym staff onsite at the event for the latest information.

See ya soon,
Chrisbo and TC

Is there a cost? or do we just bring packs?

---Geeze you guys arent giving me a lot of time to actually work the convention =) atleast saturday

Drift said:
Is there a cost? or do we just bring packs?
anyone wishing to participate must bring six (6) booster packs from ANY English Pokemon-TCG expansion, Base Set thru Emerald (no Japanese or other non-English cards).

There's the 'cost', right there...:smile:

'mom

Last edited:
PokePop said:
but we do request that anyone wishing to participate must bring six (6) booster packs from ANY English Pokemon-TCG expansion, Base Set thru Emerald (no Japanese or other non-English cards). This will be a good chance to clear out some of your old boosters that you forgot about on the shelf (Neo: Destiny or Team Rocket original, anyone?).

Ugh! I opened all of the Emerald that I won at regionals. Guess I'm going to have to buy some packs :frown:

Oh well, I'm interested...dunno if I'll play, but I'm interested. Will TC be hosting any big, fun tournies on Friday? I have NOTHING to do on Friday other than just chill with my friends and goof off (I'm a professor, but won't be playing in the professor cup) :biggrin:

I think Friday's going to be a relatively early night for most people, especially since the staff has to be there BEFORE the 8 am registration start time for Nat'ls....

'mom

Ok I should be there I'll buy some packs this sunday to bring along. See you there.

Is this a sealed deck or whatever its called (just like a pre). Then that would influence what set I get.

~Mr. T~

Last edited:
Either sealed or draft. I'm not sure exactly what Chris has in mind, although I have my suspicions...

DRAFT. Sealed would be so unfair. People would just grab the set boosters with the most draw power. Cleffa anyone?:lol: What if people bring POP packs? Oh no! 2 cards only!:lol:

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
DRAFT. Sealed would be so unfair. People would just grab the set boosters with the most draw power. Cleffa anyone?:lol: What if people bring POP packs? Oh no! 2 cards only!:lol:

ROFL but the advantage to buying packs is that you can find like legendary which gives you 2 base and 1 evo in every pack so its like perfect for draft. Also you can get these for like $1 at the local card shop.

~Mr. T~

*Gets out POP packs* *puts on cowboy hat* I'm ready to rumble! I'll just get sets with the same evolutionary line. oh no 3 R/S packs and then 3 of SS or TMTA! See what I'm getting at?:lol: The problem is if you go with the old sets with the better Trainers and evolutionary lines wich goes well but if someone pulls an EX... So 'pop are we going to get name tags with out Pokegym user names?

The 6 packs are your entry fee; those specific packs are NOT necessarily what you are going to get to play with, FYI...

'mom

I can probably play I'll be sgure to wear my lucky charm pajama pants for luck.
(I'll also wear the pants at any pokemon event. So look for me.)

i've got a feeling what's going to happen...if you guys need any help that night, I'm sure I could help with whatever you guys need too

Well now i have a plan saturday night, :biggrin: Ill play and what ill do is buy 3 origional booster from TR and 3 TRR just to mix and match. That would be cool to draft the old with the new this year. This is a great idea and i tip my hat off to Team Compendium for thinking it up. See ya all next weekned. :thumb:

Back