Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken98

Personally when it comes to the Tv show Pokemon is good (3/4 of the Episodes) but every episode there is always some childisy and annoying. Yep and if you guessed Team Rocket you where right every episode they come have some retarted machine even though they are broke they take Pikachu (Or whatever Pokemon is appering in the episode) Then Pikachu uses Thundeerbolt and they go "HAHAHAHAHA Pikachu sorry it is a Electric proff" then Ash sends out someother Pokemon or the Character they met in that episode uses some stupid water gun or something and pops there baloon and of course the fly away and Pikachu floats safely to the ground as "LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKETS BLASTING OF AGIAN!" it is so lame after 600 episodes. That is what I don't like about Pokemon.. (The Seasons 1,2-6,7 are good I thought 3,4,5 Sucked!!!)

Now Yu-gi-oh I like becuase it is more serous (Much more serous) and has more I don't know if you would consider them more serous plots then Team Rocket steeling Pikachu. I know there are some lame episodes here as well and the whole Heart of The Cards crap but it is a good show as well.

Anyway I like Yu-gi-oh (The Show) just a little more then the Pokemon Show what about you ???

Last edited:
yes, ygo is more serious and i watch it when i bump into it and have time, but from my sig you can find out what i think about YGO TCG

I dislike YGO's CCG, but I like its TV show. The show has more plot and things that seem more important then miniscule little tasks of the day. Pokemon needs to put effort into it like they do their movies.. which isn't that much effort it seems.

Lord Broly said:
YGO is crap. Watch Inuyasha, Dragon
Ball/Z/GT, or YuYu Hakusho.

That's not part of the question. I've seen close to one hundred different titles of anime and enjoy nearly all of them more than Pokemon and YGO. The question is to choose from the two, and not take into account other animes.

1) Anybody who recommends Dragon Ball Z is not worth listening to.

2) Yu-Gi-Oh focuses (in this plot arc) on the ancient civilization of Atlantis trying to revive itself to basically enforce their destructive order on the earth. Pokémon (in this plot arc) follows a whiny brat who can't train Pokémon well to save his life around as he stumbles from gym to gym, sending the same group of morons into the ionosphere literally every episode.

Marril said:
1) Anybody who recommends Dragon Ball Z is not worth listening to.

2) Yu-Gi-Oh focuses (in this plot arc) on the ancient civilization of Atlantis trying to revive itself to basically enforce their destructive order on the earth. Pokémon (in this plot arc) follows a whiny brat who can't train Pokémon well to save his life around as he stumbles from gym to gym, sending the same group of morons into the ionosphere literally every episode.

Hear hear!
EDIT: Pokemon actually would be less sad if they stuck a bit more to the games (like no Kanto pokemon in Hoenn, that just constantly annoys me :mad: Also Team Rocket should take a hike for a bit so Teams Magma and Aqua can be seen a bit more often then those very spread out episodes where they show up for maybe 10 minutes maximum. YGO at least has some character develpoment, with Weevil's fight with Yami Yugi definately showing up as, well, dark.

Last edited:
In terms of anime, it used to be a tie, back when YGO was still in the Duelist Kingdom arc. That was terrible. Now, it's gotten much better, far surpassing Pokemon and even coming close to the first seasons of Digimon (before the Spirits)

Digimon was only really good during Tamers, and to a lesser extent most of 02 (the Kaizer arc especially—evil Chosen Child). Frontier basically ruined the thing.

The V-Tamer manga blew the rest of it out of the water. Not only did Taichi know what he was doing, but he was stylish, and so was his Digimon, Zero. Plus, the main enemy was this guy named Neo who had two digivices and a Digimon named Arca Demon... who was strong enough to kill Piemon as a Baby, Seraphimon as an Adult, and Demon himself as a Perfect.

Goddish, I know too much about this.

YGO is wayyy better than Pokemon. Yes, heart of the card sux and all the talking they do can be annoying because heaps of the time it takes like 10 minutes just to do 1 simple move, i still find it better than POkemon though (as i said)

I love how they took Atem's little spiel about the "spirit of the cards" from the first episode and turned it into a series-long running gag. Originally, Atem was just on a topdeck streak and invented some BS about the "spirit of the cards" to taunt Kaiba when he managed to draw all 5 parts of Exodia and win.

Ok, here is my Opinion in the whole thing(Not that any gives a damn....:D )

1)As of right now Yu-Gi-Oh is a Far better show than pokemon. Reasons:

a)The whole team rocket thing. "Were blasting off again" That got old 3 seasons ago.
b)Ash Needs to get some lgendaries already. I mean come on, Yugi got the "god" Cards.
c)Ash never gets older. We are on the 5th season(I think) And he is still 10 years old. I mean what is that. at least in other shows they get older.(DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, and InuYasha) Even i they are getting "older" at least they get a change of clothes. Ash has changed his clothes once this whole time. He must have some serious B.O. How many outfits does he fit in that backpack?Like I said in other shows they wear different clothes when they are in there bed.

There are other reasons while in some aspects pokemon is better than YGO and why YGO is better than pokemon but If I went into every detail over all the SagasIt would be a 2 pagepost... :D

Squirtle

BTW, Anyone who says that YGO is a better TCG than pokemon (And means it) is in need of some serious PAIN.

I my opinon Pokemon is better because they take too long to finish matches in yugioh and because they use cards to fight each other.

Squirtle- I'd appericiate it if you removed that from your signature. It was just my thinking process that lead me to that.

moltres423 said:
Squirtle- I'd appericiate it if you removed that from your signature. It was just my thinking process that lead me to that.

Sorry, I cna't do that.

Squirtle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back