Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Post-Release MarioKart Wii Discussion [SPOILERS]

JUAN MORALES

That's right. I made it. D<

1st thing I'd like to put on the table.
If you've done online racing already, then you probably noticed the little Wii wheels over people's heads while they race right?
Usually they are white.
But I saw two people that had a golden wii wheel over their head.
Does it mean they completed the game or something?

Is this game worth buying? I'm thinking about purchasing it.

Does it have a lot of replay value? That is what I'm after.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

oh... and does it have that TERRIBLE lag like SSBB on random races?

Last edited:
For Mew* and BloodDraek

The game is well worth it.

The game itself has 16 new maps and 16 random old map from SNES, N64, GBA, CUBE, and DS. Each character has 8 vechiles (4 Cars and 4 Bikes). You can also do Stunk Trick when you jump from a Ramp. The games AI is smart and will play all out.

As far as we been playing online I have not seen any lag what so ever. You can compere your Time Trail with other players and see whos better and even download the High Player Ghost to see if you can beat there score. Online play has a point system now. Each new person the that Buys MKW will start with 5000 Race Point (RP) and 5000 Battle Points (BP) which are on the line while playing on line. Lets say 12 People playing, 6 people will get points, while the other 6 loose points. You can play online with 2 people, the second person is consider a guest, which the point system has not effect on but can alter the point system on other people. Guest is still a player but cant add or subtrack points from the Player 1 but does have an effect when match is finish. So if your dead last and a bunch of Guest are in front of you, the last player take will lose big time point while Guest dont lose nothing.

The Wheel is a nice peace of work and can make any novice player play good with a pro player.

I can go on but you should check it out for your self

The online ghosts of other people are pathetic lol.
and the game is well worth it.

Also, I've played across the US (am in Nevada, played people in Newyork) along with playing people from Poland.
No lag at all. It's amazing. D:

Haven't gotten it yet, but I will really soon. Any info about how good it is without the wheel? Is it still fun and playable with like the Wiimote? I sure hope so....

I found this to be pretty fun, I have already unlocked 3 characters, and I think 3 vehicals, but not sure on that. I am already up to A 6000+ VR rating. I have only battled once but I am up to a 5050+ BR.

It is a lot of fun, I cant wait until they start tournaments. :thumb:

Drew

If you get Stars in every Track on 50cc, 100cc, & 150cc, you'll unlock carts and characters. More Stars more things

Anyone know how to get Funky Kong?
Thats the only secret character I care about getting. haha.
I got King Boo today by beating all of the cups on 50cc with DK.

I got Kong Boo the other day.
I've been using the Koopa with the tiny Titian kart.
I havn't found anyone I like using the motorcycle yet though.

It seems that everyone switched to MK online now isntead of brawl...It's taking me forever to find a match on brawl. o_O

Me and Metricus are pretty partial to the Sugarscoot. Even though its a bike, its got just the right ratio of traction and speed. Metricus will post our FC on the FC thread a little later.

Just started!!! As for the controllers, I like the wii remote with nunchuk and then the GCN controller, the wheel is fun too.

Personaly I think that the wii wheel is what makes the game.
I turn the controler anyways when playing racing games when I really get into it, haha, but now it acctually does something!

ill be getting this game in a month. i hope people are still playing by then. even ssbb seems to have pretty much died.

Eh, you'll forget about Brawl for a while, but its not like it'll die. Look at Melee. Before Brawl was released, people STILL played that game a ton, and it had been out like 7 years.

Lol @ SSBB being dead comment. This game is pretty fun so far, too luck-orientated for me to get too serious about it, and I still think MKDS was the best, but this game is worth the money/time regardless.

Back