Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Power Spray and Sableye? *B&W Rules*

sToRm07

Forgive me if this is a no brainer and already been discussed. B&W rule format.

Sableye start. Collector/dual ball/great ball/ some form of basic search for three pokemon sp.

Impersonate for: Conspiracy -

grab a power spray, etc.

Searchable first turn power spray! :O

just a realization i had. Probably one of the virtually infinite comboes sableye can now achieve.

Jirachi RR just got better also... much better.

Last edited:
whats so great about this?

sableye could already initiative/judge the cards out of the opening hand anyway and keep them from even trying to use the power

there might even be a deck that does that

Yeah but it was hard for them to set up a T1 power spray while they disrupted your hand. I think being able to go first and Judge + Initiative or Collector for any combination of Chatot G/Giratina (Let Loose)/Mesprit and then use an Initiative is pretty crazy, all before you get to draw a card.

so this is a thread about how broken sableye can be with the rule change?
if thats the case

yes
yes it is

whats so great about this?

sableye could already initiative/judge the cards out of the opening hand anyway and keep them from even trying to use the power

there might even be a deck that does that

herpderp sablelock? Yes, i know what it does.

If you are just going to be sarcastic don't even bother posting.

---------- Post added 04/14/2011 at 07:56 AM ----------

so this is a thread about how broken sableye can be with the rule change?
if thats the case

yes
yes it is

I was just looking at another aspect concerning it - better disruption now - not so much about the donking.

Of course it is going to be insane. Broken? we will see.

Sabley start, Judge + Impersonate for Iniciative = nonsence IMBA.

Great balance with current format and new rules that are making for totaly another meta ... omg nintendo omg ...

start sableye play collector for 2 setup basics and a mesprit impersonate judge gg.

yeah, that will basically be the same thing, if not better. I was just focusing on the capitalizing of having power spray in your hand if you need to use it on your opponent's turn. But let's face it, your opponent could easily use two powers their T1, so in that case mesprit will be better, even though it takes up a slot on the bench..

hmm
now that i think about it
disruption might be more viable than donking

the donk requires a lot of trainers, disruption can be nasty with two supporters

spiritomb wouldn't stop it, and in fact die on the next turn if they darkness grace and you get the special dark

as a sablelock player im ashamed i didnt see that

hmm
now that i think about it
disruption might be more viable than donking

the donk requires a lot of trainers, disruption can be nasty with two supporters

spiritomb wouldn't stop it, and in fact die on the next turn if they darkness grace and you get the special dark

as a sablelock player im ashamed i didnt see that

Perhaps you should be, but I'm not going to insult your intelligence - everyone can overlook things.

Think of Sableye with a Initiative in hand. Double initiative. Of course, this can be done with Jirachi RR t1 also.

Instant lock:

Play Cyrus Initiative or another supporter, like collector. if you want to err on the side of support/power disruption (mesprit) more than hand disruption.
Search out Chatot SV - SP Radar, Dual Ball, Pokecomm, etc.
Chatot SV drop for top deck lock
Sableye impersonate for Initiative

1-4 resources at the bottom of opponent's deck.

Replace more temporary Chatot SV with the more consistent every turn Slowking HG/SS.

Although it is a little luck based, it is SO much more consistent than sablelock.

Pokegear could be nice here in searching for the supporter you need to get things accomplished - ex: Collector or Initiative.

Last edited:
chatot is good enough
its faster, takes up less room
and can be replayed by shuffling itself in or using turns
also can search for any trainer in your deck

and pokenav?
that doesnt get supporters, nor is it in modified
.-. you mean something else?

chatot is good enough
its faster, takes up less room
and can be replayed by shuffling itself in or using turns
also can search for any trainer in your deck

and pokenav?
that doesnt get supporters, nor is it in modified
.-. you mean something else?

yeah yeah, my bad. I mean pokegear. Look at top seven cards in deck and pick out a supporter. Helps increase consistency in finding a Initiative T1. Especially if you run 3-4 copies.

You are right, Chatot is good enough. Slowking HG/SS/CoL is just an alternative for mid-game lock, because it requires much less upkeep and resource investment after initial set up.

With a double initiative T1, and the right supporting cast, i can see any deck potentially being locked for the entirety of a match...

Seeker donk to speed up the win.

Anyone have The Rocket's Trap flashbacks?

You should have.

Sablelock being able to have Pwr Spray up on turn 1 is one of the more tamer applications of the B&W rules.

A
Sablelock being able to have Pwr Spray up on turn 1 is one of the more tamer applications of the B&W rules.

Oh i agree with it being tamer, this has kinda evolved into the realization that disruption is much more potent with the new rules than donking will be.

You can proof your deck against donking more than against disruption.

Oh i agree with it being tamer, this has kinda evolved into the realization that disruption is much more potent with the new rules than donking will be.

You can proof your deck against donking more than against disruption.

Ok, I take this back, just saw the J-Wittz sabledonk video.

omg.

Ok, I take this back, just saw the J-Wittz sabledonk video.

omg.

the problem with is everyone is gonna start running spiritomb or there own sableyes

as he showed its roughly 40/60 against a deck running spiritomb

against deck running sableye its 50/50 on who goes first
essentially a coin flip

if sabldonk doesnt go first the other deck has a decent chance of setting up to be out of reach of the donk
and if sabledonk doesnt get the donk, it will loose

given there will probably be a few people who dont run sableye or tomb, i would put it winning about 50/50

this is pure speculation of course, so i could be wrong

anyway if sablelock doesnt go first, it still has a good shot at winning if run correctly

the problem with is everyone is gonna start running spiritomb or there own sableyes

as he showed its roughly 40/60 against a deck running spiritomb

against deck running sableye its 50/50 on who goes first
essentially a coin flip

if sabldonk doesnt go first the other deck has a decent chance of setting up to be out of reach of the donk
and if sabledonk doesnt get the donk, it will loose

given there will probably be a few people who dont run sableye or tomb, i would put it winning about 50/50

this is pure speculation of course, so i could be wrong

anyway if sablelock doesnt go first, it still has a good shot at winning if run correctly

Such a sad reality the game has come to this.

I need Mr. Mime MT to come back. ASAP

that would solve this problem! not really, but at least the crobats would have to aim for it specifically :thumb:

Back