Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ps3

Gir

Me and my father are considering buying a PS3. First of all, is it even worth the money to buy it?

We can either get the smaller one for 400$, and it comes with five or six movies. Or we could get the bigger one (double the space) for 500$, and it comes with five movies and a racing game. I could use some help on deciding if we should buy one or not.

If I were to purchase one, I would pay the $500 and get the bigger one since it can play PS2 games. The cheap one cannot.

I think that it is a pretty good deal. 5 Free Bluray movies (isn't it 7, 2 in box and 5 with a rebate), a video game console, and a blu-ray player (which is pretty good) all in one for $500, not too bad.

DONT BUY THE CHEAPER ONE!!! Well you probably have a playstation 2 but still its a huge inconvience and makes it a lot easier. Also holds double the memory and lots of less problems. Umm i would wait to buy it till its worth it and comes out with their big exclusive titles. By then the system may have yet ANOTHER price drop. Right now the system aint worth buying

Yeah, take my advice, wait for a while until they release an updated PS3 with much better graphics and some exclusive titles that don't suck (not knocking PS3 exclusives, just saying, most of them suck) and get yourself a 360 or a Wii, cuz quite frankly PS3 is not all that worth it yet.

I say just get the xbox 360, unless there's some game that you can't live without, don't waste your money.

I want a PS3 but TBH I dont see the point in having it. Its basically got nothing and will have nothing for many months, your best bet is save the money and either get a Wii or 360 or just wait for a PS3 later on when it actually has something. More along the lines of MGS4.

Plus the way the PS3 is looking, theirs no guarantee this system is going to survive this round of the console wars much like how Dreamcast was.

So either get the 80GB one or wait a while? I researched a little last night and it seems like buying a Wii or an Xbox would be better. But my dad really wants a PS3.

My input: I have a PS3 and I have never regretted it. Don't buy a 360. They break down way too easily. I know lots of people who are on their 14th or 15th returns on their 360 and are sick and tired of Microsoft's "I don't care" attitude that they're considering selling the 360 and getting PS3 instead. Plus Wii's are nearly impossible to find right now, and even if you can, they're usually in those stupid over priced bundles. And 360 barely has any exclusives either. About 95% of all games on 360 are also on PS3. As has been said, PS3 is getting lots of exclusives in the coming year, notably MGS4, FFXIII, FFVersusXIII, and so forth (don't have the PS3's Exclusive list by me at the moment).

Also. On the subject of online play, PSN will be seeing a major overhaul in the coming year, so PS3 will be getting much better.

Quite simply, if you want a stable system that won't break down every 2 weeks at least, 360 is not the way to go, with a whopping 33% failure rate. PS3 has a .01% failure rate. You do the math.

My input: I have a PS3 and I have never regretted it. Don't buy a 360. They break down way too easily. I know lots of people who are on their 14th or 15th returns on their 360 and are sick and tired of Microsoft's "I don't care" attitude that they're considering selling the 360 and getting PS3 instead.

Loving the exaggeration there. 14th or 15th? There was a thing on various sites recently about a guy who was on his like 9th 360, and that was a huge deal because of how crazy that was.

If you know "LOTS" of people who have gone through that many 360s then they need to get on the news because that's absurd and completely unreal.

Also, extending warranties to 3 years is definitely a sign of not caring.

Plus Wii's are nearly impossible to find right now, and even if you can, they're usually in those stupid over priced bundles.

Right, OK, that's why most stores don't bother with the bundles because the system sells like CRAZY either way. They don't bother with bundles because they don't keep the systems long enough anyway.

Well, at least, not a single local store was offering it in a bundle last weekend when all the stores got a huge stock of them. Just plain $250 consoles as they should be.

Unless you count Wii Sports as a "stupid over priced bundle", which is funny because you don't even get a game with PS3 or 360 by default.

And 360 barely has any exclusives either. About 95% of all games on 360 are also on PS3. As has been said, PS3 is getting lots of exclusives in the coming year, notably MGS4, FFXIII, FFVersusXIII, and so forth (don't have the PS3's Exclusive list by me at the moment).

I love it, in one breath you're like "360 has barely any exclusives!" and in the next you can hardly think of any PS3 exclusives coming up... and the TWO you name are the infamous MGS4 and FF13, which have long since been known as the Only Good Reasons To Own A PS3.

Also. On the subject of online play, PSN will be seeing a major overhaul in the coming year, so PS3 will be getting much better.

So you can have great online play now, which will probably get even better in the coming year, or you can get CRAP online play now which will hopefully stop sucking in the coming year.

Quite simply, if you want a stable system that won't break down every 2 weeks at least, 360 is not the way to go, with a whopping 33% failure rate. PS3 has a .01% failure rate. You do the math.

The failure rate of the 360 is just a little exaggerated, I seriously doubt it's above 20% though that is still excessively high.

There's no way PS3 has a .01% failure rate though. I've read plenty of accounts of peoples' PS3s failing for some reason or another - that thing burns hotter than most inner-ring planets and has a pretty mediocre ventilation system - enough that I can say PS3 has a perfectly average failure rate, about what you could've expected from other older systems.

If you get a PS3 you probably won't be entirely disappointed but it's definitely not on the level of 360 and Wii for entertainment value. It's far too much money for far too little. If you're getting it mainly to watch Blu-Ray movies then you're getting a good value (it's still the cheapest blu-ray player on the market) but its must-buy games are few and far between with the future looking pretty bleak - aside from the aforementioned MGS4 and FF13, many of PS3's slated exclusives have been vanishing from the release list, being announced for 360, or just plain end up falling flat on their faces and sucking.

edit: Let me put it another way. The market speaks. November's north american console sales according to the NPD research group:

Hardware Sales
PlayStation 2 -- 496,000
PlayStation 3 -- 466,000
PlayStation Portable -- 567,000
Xbox 360 -- 770,000
Wii -- 981,000
Nintendo DS -- 1,530,000

for reference, even PS2 has been outselling PS3 for the last several months.

Are there any other setbacks for the PS3 that I should know about?

The only cable that comes with the system, controller related, is about 10 inches long to charge the pad. Additional SIXAXIS controllers do not come with charge cables. edit: and additional controllers are $50

Not all PS2 games will work with the console. Most, but not all.

Most of the games suck, or are also available on the Xbox 360, probably with better online options.

The system is very expensive, very large, very heavy, and very hot.

I think I'm gonig to get it. My dad is really set on getting one. Besides, I don't really like Xbox or the Wii.

So why'd you even ask us if you apparently have such a random distaste for the 360 and Wii anyway? Wouldn't it be a non-issue in that case?

Sweet, what a waste of time.

My input: I have a PS3 and I have never regretted it. Don't buy a 360. They break down way too easily. I know lots of people who are on their 14th or 15th returns on their 360 and are sick and tired of Microsoft's "I don't care" attitude that they're considering selling the 360 and getting PS3 instead. Plus Wii's are nearly impossible to find right now, and even if you can, they're usually in those stupid over priced bundles. And 360 barely has any exclusives either. About 95% of all games on 360 are also on PS3. As has been said, PS3 is getting lots of exclusives in the coming year, notably MGS4, FFXIII, FFVersusXIII, and so forth (don't have the PS3's Exclusive list by me at the moment).

From what I have heard, FF wont be exclusive to PS3 either.I know FFXIII wont, I dont know about Versus. Truly MGS4 will only be exclusive to the PS3 for about a year then it will go multiplatform.

So why'd you even ask us if you apparently have such a random distaste for the 360 and Wii anyway? Wouldn't it be a non-issue in that case?

Sweet, what a waste of time.

You all brought it into the discussion. If you paid attention to my question, it was all about the PS3, not the Xbox nor the Wii. I simply wanted to know if I should buy the PS3 or not, not if I should buy the PS3, Xbox, or Wii.

I'm going to answer both topics: Don't buy PS3, buy a 360 or a Wii. It's a lot smarter. If you're dad is so dead set on getting one, just tell him all of this stuff, and tell yourself as well. PS3 doesn't have that many redeeming qualities. Most of the good games you can get on it, you can also get for 360, the few PS3 exclusives aren't all that good, online play is really not all that good, plus the 360 has been around longer, so both the system and the games are going to be more defined.

You all brought it into the discussion. If you paid attention to my question, it was all about the PS3, not the Xbox nor the Wii. I simply wanted to know if I should buy the PS3 or not, not if I should buy the PS3, Xbox, or Wii.
Substitute goods. People assume that if you want a game system and you want to know if one is worth the money that you are open to the idea of buying a different system in its place.

From what I have heard, FF wont be exclusive to PS3 either.I know FFXIII wont, I dont know about Versus. Truly MGS4 will only be exclusive to the PS3 for about a year then it will go multiplatform.
As it stands, FFXIII is still exclusive to the PS3. Anyone saying otherwise is simply speculating based on the rapid loss of other exlusives.

Back