Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pulls being all over the place in Plasma Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcxd999

I just went to a prerelease at Retro, Perth, Western Australia and in the 6 you start with the were draws ranging from no Exs to 3 Exs. I somehow drew both Cobalion FA and Victini FA. The tournament manager even drew a misprinted card where the complete front of the card is missing except for the yellow border, Compared to the Exs being drawn, there was very few secret rares drawn. I only heard of shiny Blastoise being pulled by 1 of the 50 people who attended. After this prerelease I think that Plasma Storm's secret rares and Ex pulls will probably be all over the place. The pulls might even be more crazy than Dragon Exalted's pulls. I could be wrong though and this might just be a prerelease thing but we won't see until the booster boxes are released.

I didn't find that at my first PR that I held.
Do they randomize the packs when they give them out, or do they give them out in groups of 6 straight out of the box?

They 6 packs are in a sleeve of sorts within the box and the box doesn't have the usual plastic Pokeball cover. They diffidently went random pulled from the booster box and randomized.

You can't judge an entire sets pull rate based on one prerelease. For all we know your TO could've put a bunch of packs from the booster boxes into another box at random and maybe thats what contributed to your odd pull rates?

I order a case of the set. I'll stream them openings if I can but I will at least record the opening.

For people buying cases; do you usually make your money back? I have enough money to buy one; but was wondering if I can make my money back since I'm saving up for something else.

At my prerelease this one person got FA Cobalion, reg Victini EX, and a SR Random Receiver in all 8 packs. The best I got was Gallade and Dual Armor Lucario.

For people buying cases; do you usually make your money back? I have enough money to buy one; but was wondering if I can make my money back since I'm saving up for something else.

Its depends on what kind of player you are. I dont play Pokemon to make money. I play the game for fun.

You can't judge an entire sets pull rate based on one prerelease. For all we know your TO could've put a bunch of packs from the booster boxes into another box at random and maybe thats what contributed to your odd pull rates?

As I said, the 6 packs were inside a plastic sleeve. Those packs diffidently weren't randomized by the TO, by Pokemon maybe but diffidently not by the TO.

As I said, the 6 packs were inside a plastic sleeve. Those packs diffidently weren't randomized by the TO, by Pokemon maybe but diffidently not by the TO.

Gotta say, has to be your PTO, because TPCI sends them the packs in Cases/Boxes. The organizer would've had to put this "plastic sleeve" on them.

Your TO "randomized" them because at all the pre releases I've been to our TO opens boxes and walks around handing out packs. I'm not sure how I feel about randomization of packs since I don't see what purpose that would fulfill.

My friend pulled:
2x Ace Spec
1x FA EX
2x EX

I pull:
1x FA Supporter
2x Ace Spec
1x Shiny
2x EX

Other friend pulls:
1x Shiny
1x Ace Spec
3x EX

What is this?

My friend pulled:
2x Ace Spec
1x FA EX
2x EX

I pull:
1x FA Supporter
2x Ace Spec
1x Shiny
2x EX

Other friend pulls:
1x Shiny
1x Ace Spec
3x EX

What is this?

See? It wasn't just my prerelease, everyone's prerelease went crazy and a few people have somehow gotten their hands on a booster box of the set and the pulls are unpredictable compared to Boundaries Crossed where, you could expect you'd get 2 Ace Specs, 1 FA Ex, 2 normal Exs and maybe the occasional secret rare or FA trainer.

See? It wasn't just my prerelease, everyone's prerelease went crazy and a few people have somehow gotten their hands on a booster box of the set and the pulls are unpredictable compared to Boundaries Crossed where, you could expect you'd get 2 Ace Specs, 1 FA Ex, 2 normal Exs and maybe the occasional secret rare or FA trainer.

Pulls can always be like that unless you buy a case. Most cases have even distributions. How they are disrupted throughout the 6 boxes is a different story. You can get 1 box with 2-3 FA's and get another box with 1. Considering your PR was giving out packs randomly I dont think you can base the odds on that. Not enough people have opened boxes to give accurate results anyway. Id wait until this week to make a better judgment.

My friend pulled:
2x Ace Spec
1x FA EX
2x EX

I pull:
1x FA Supporter
2x Ace Spec
1x Shiny
2x EX

Other friend pulls:
1x Shiny
1x Ace Spec
3x EX

What is this?

So you're saying that out of 24 packs you guys pulled 16 ultra rares? If those are box pulls instead that makes sense. The general pull rate for boxes looks like 5-6 total out of all the ultra rares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back