Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Reshiphlosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejackster52

Ok this is my first post so bear with me.

Since the announcment of HGSS-on i have loved reshiram. I oriinally played reshiboar but when catcher was announced i decided to try reshiphlosion.

So this is the list:

POKEMON:

4 Reshiram
3-2-3 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetales
1 Cleffa
1 Tyrouge

T/S/S:

4 Pokemon Collector
2 Professor Juniper
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Professor Elm's Training Method

4 Pokemon Communication
4 Junk Arm
3 PlusPower
3 Pokemon Reversal (Soon to be catcher)
2 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Revive
2 Energy Retrieval

ENERGY:

11 :fire: Energy

Strategy:
Start with Cleffa and something else and by turn 2-3 have atleast 1 Typhlosion Prime and 1-2 reshiram set up to be constantly hitting for 120 damage. Ninetales is the decks draw engine and works well with Typhlosion Prime.

Thanks

Last edited:
A tech I haven't heard a lot of people talking about in this deck is using Rescue Energy. Since you're bringing down Reshiram's HP by 10 every time you use afterburner, a well-placed rescue can give you another Reshiram right away after it's KO'd. I'd drop the Revives and replace them with Rescue Energy, but that's more of a personal preference thing than anything else.

Yeah I was wondering wether to use rescue energy before but I couldn't find the space. I never thought of taking out revive and now I do think about it they are a bit of a dead draw at the start of the game. Thanks
Posted with Mobile style...

I might add an FSL for the late game, and I agree that at least one rescue is a must. I'd say mostly for typhlosion though, especially once catcher comes out.

Also, you may consider throwing in a defender. I've found it's really good for preventing return KO's from other reshirams or zekroms after you've afterburnered. Since you run 4 junk arms, you can run a lot of single copies of trainers, so you could take out a switch or something. The best thing about this deck is that it's retreat cost for anything is never over 2, which means that you do not have to go to great lengths to retreat if you need to.

Ok thanks i will try that. I will take out a switch and an energy retrieval of a FSL and a defender. Though may i ask whether 3 pluspower is to much.

POKEMON:

4 Reshiram
3-2-3 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetales
1 Cleffa
1 Tyred face powder

T/S/S:

4 Pokemon Collector
2 Professor Juniper
1 Flower Shop Lady

4 Pokemon Communication
4 Junk Arm
2 PlusPower
2 Rare Candy
1 Switch
1 Defender
2 Energy Retrieval

ENERGY:

2 Rescue Energy

New list, loving all of the feedback and keep it coming XD

---------- Post added 07/28/2011 at 06:33 PM ----------

I might add an FSL for the late game, and I agree that at least one rescue is a must. I'd say mostly for typhlosion though, especially once catcher comes out.

Just out of interest if i should use rescue in both Reshiram and Typhlosion should i possibly run more??

Two is good. Since you probably won't need more than 5 reshirams in a game, or have to build up Typhlosion more than 3 times. (And if you do, then you are probably not doing to well and are probably on the way to losing.)

One other thing might be to take out the elms. I can see the reasoning behind it, especially if you have nothing to communicate in your hand, but I found it actually kinda slowing. I think hand refreshing is actually more effective in the end, so I would run another oak instead. But I think you need to test it out and find your preference.

Two is good. Since you probably won't need more than 5 reshirams in a game, or have to build up Typhlosion more than 3 times. (And if you do, then you are probably not doing to well and are probably on the way to losing.)

One other thing might be to take out the elms. I can see the reasoning behind it, especially if you have nothing to communicate in your hand, but I found it actually kinda slowing. I think hand refreshing is actually more effective in the end, so I would run another oak instead. But I think you need to test it out and find your preference.

Ok thanks again and I'll try it out :thumb:

---------- Post added 07/29/2011 at 10:08 AM ----------

Tried the deck and all of the improvements seem to be for the better. Though was wondering if instead of the elms I could run an interviewers because I just couldn't draw onto the rescues??

If you want you could try running one or two sages training. I really like it in reshiphlosion because it can get you whatever you need without having to get rid of a good hand and it can get fire enrgy in to your discard for you if dont have a ninetales set up yet or it has been KO'd

If you want you could try running one or two sages training. I really like it in reshiphlosion because it can get you whatever you need without having to get rid of a good hand and it can get fire enrgy in to your discard for you if dont have a ninetales set up yet or it has been KO'd

What would you suggest taking out?

Ok thanks again and I'll try it out :thumb:

---------- Post added 07/29/2011 at 10:08 AM ----------

Tried the deck and all of the improvements seem to be for the better. Though was wondering if instead of the elms I could run an interviewers because I just couldn't draw onto the rescues??

I run 1 Interviewers, so that actually seems right.

I run Engineer's instead of Sages, since it still gets energy in the discard, but avoids tossing pokemon or resources you might need but might need to discard with sages. But I think Sages is a respectable choice too.

I run 1 Interviewers, so that actually seems right.

I run Engineer's instead of Sages, since it still gets energy in the discard, but avoids tossing pokemon or resources you might need but might need to discard with sages. But I think Sages is a respectable choice too.

I like and shall try both but i will be sure to swap the elms for an interviewers

I'll post an updated list tommorow (hopefully if I remember) and thanks a ton for all of the help and advice given XD

POKEMON:

4 Reshiram
3-2-3 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetales
1 Cleffa
1 Tyred face powder

T/S/S:

4 Pokemon Collector
2 Professor Juniper
1 Flower Shop Lady

4 Pokemon Communication
4 Junk Arm
2 PlusPower
2 Rare Candy
1 Switch
1 Defender
2 Energy Retrieval

ENERGY:

2 Rescue Energy

I wouldn´t use Rescue Energy, Retrieval and FSL. You can recover your Energies and Pokémon often enough with Rescue Energy and Retrieval.

-1 FSL
-1 PETM (when Emerging Powers is released)
-1 :fire: Energy (when Emerging Powers is released)

+1 PONT
+2 Full Restore/Max Potion (when Emerging Powers is released)

I wouldn´t use Rescue Energy, Retrieval and FSL. You can recover your Energies and Pokémon often enough with Rescue Energy and Retrieval.

-1 FSL
-1 PETM (when Emerging Powers is released)
-1 :fire: Energy (when Emerging Powers is released)

+1 PONT
+2 Full Restore/Max Potion (when Emerging Powers is released)

Hmm ok however I would rather keep the FSL in ATM as I haven't tested if yet but I will defiantly try the max potion and thanks for the advice.

Ok I think i have a pretty consistant and hard hitting list here:

POKEMON:

1 Manaphy UL
1 Tyrogue HS/CL
4 Reshiram BLW
2 Vulpix CL
2 Ninetales HS/CL
3 Cyndaquil HS
2 Quilava HS
3 Typhlosion Prime HS

T/S/S: