Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

rk9 ex, how much it is now???

carlossan

I was thinking on buying some rk9 but first I wanted to know the real price. Does anyone could make an approximation?

They're not out yet, so any price would be pretty inflated.

Wait a few weeks after the set has been out for more accurate prices. You have to remember that before a set is out the demand for cards is a LOT higher, well into a few weeks the set has been out.

Or, you buy the cards early, before their real power is known.

Didn't anyone find it strange that you could NOT buy any RK9 EX in Japanese?

Look what's winning in Japan.

At this point, I would happily pay $20.00 or more for one!

Vince

meganium45 said:
Look what's winning in Japan.

Pardon me, but I have no idea what's winning Japan. So there is no way I can "Look at what's winning in Japan."

Of course, if you could provide a link or something, that'd be nice.

Eh, Japan is japan, they're not like us. We made t2, we were dominated by rocklock...
Different styles of play. Who knows if arcanine will be as powerful here.

I agree 100% with ryanvergel. I've told people in my area the same thing. They're like, "I'm going to go online and chat with the japanese about what's winning in their area". I'm like, okay, and maybe sure to bring that decklist with SS dunsparce and other illegal cards to league so I can laugh at you.

They have a different format, different playstyle, etc etc etc. What works with them doesn't have to work ehre, we even have a different set of legal cards, so what's winning NOW, aka, what's winning with arcanine and OTHER sets that we DONT have is completely different from what would be winning HERE with sets we DO have.

I mean, of course the obvious combos can be taken from the japanese, but when it comes to fine nuances and playstyle, what flies there might not fly here, especially when you take in the fact that we have a different set of legal cards than them.

I wouldn't put so much hope on Arcanine. Like every one has said, we don't really know how it's gonna play before we get to play test it. It is a good card, I'm not saying anything else. But we don't know how good.

Though I would be really happy if I got more than 50 bucks from my arcanine EX (yes I have one). I'm not really going to play with it. It's just nice to look at ^^

Last edited:
RK9 is toatlly playable there are more than plenty of ways to run it I plan to play it and win. Hey Mewstor I would prolly be wiling to pay ya $30 for yours. Thats how bad I want it

blastoise1992 said:
i heard someone at a Pre got 150$+ in cards though, still its alot.

Lol- that was probably me. News of my "bad trade" is getting around really fast! And yes, it is true. I traded 2 Blastoise EX, 1 Venusaur EX, 1 Charizard EX, 1 Lugia EX and 1 Electrode EX for Arcanine EX, 1 Jirachi, 1 Cursed Stone, 2 React Energy (1 RH) and a Solrock. Was it way overkill? Absolutely! Anyone who knows me however knows I've been waiting on Arcanine EX for ages and I needed one to translate for my 4 Japanese Arcanine EXs (1 from Worlds 05). So, I got what I wanted, and my deck is ready to roll.

I don't think you're going to get such a generous trade from anyone else though... unless they like arcanine as much as I do! *laughs*

More on the topic lines, Arcanine is probably going to be a 30-40+ dollar card.

Last edited:
Flare Starfire said:
Lol- that was probably me. News of my "bad trade" is getting around really fast! And yes, it is true. I traded 2 Blastoise EX, 1 Venusaur EX, 1 Charizard EX, 1 Lugia EX and 1 Electrode EX for Arcanine EX, 1 Jirachi, 1 Cursed Stone, 2 React Energy (1 RH) and a Solrock. Was it way overkill? Absolutely! Anyone who knows me however knows I've been waiting on Arcanine EX for ages and I needed one to translate for my 4 Japanese Arcanine EXs (1 from Worlds 05). So, I got what I wanted, and my deck is ready to roll.

I don't think you're going to get such a generous trade from anyone else though... unless they like arcanine as much as I do! *laughs*

More on the topic lines, Arcanine is probably going to be a 30-40+ dollar card.

Holy god... overkill.
Why not wait a few days, and buy it on ebay and save yourself 120 dollars?

Did you offer all that stuff for it, or was it the guy wouldn't give up the arcanine ex unless you gave up all that stuff? Even just trading charizard ex for it would be more than fair.

Last edited:
Both very good questions, and here are the anwsers:

As for buying one off the internet, that was going to be my last resort. I went into the PR knowing that I was going to do my best to trade for the cards proxied into my deck using cards and not cash wherever possible. Since I'll be running this deck all the way through worlds whether is bomb or bust, the contents of my trade binder don't really matter too much. For that matter, if FRLG goes out of modified after worlds, this means the only card I really 'lost' in the trade was Lugia EX, as I believe when a card becomes unplayable in modified its value to me drops effectivly to zero. Very good question though.

And as for the situation on the trade- it was well known at the event that I would indeed "toss" EXs at anyone willing to give me what I needed to finish my deck, and I wasn't lying. The original cards he pulled out were 2x Blastoise, Lugia, and Electrode. I put in the Charizard and Venusaur because he said he could use them, and he's a friend of mine anyways. That pretty much sealed the deal and completed my deck. I'll be seeing him again in Modesto- I promised him if for some unknown reason the luck gods shine on me and toss me -another- Arcanine EX in my packs, it gets traded to him. (Presumably for a few of the EXs back. Either way, I don't need more than the 1 US and 4 Japan Arcanines I have.)

In the end, the card is worth what you can get for it, as the saying goes.

I actually never got his gym name, I just know him from the Modesto CCs which he won and I got 2nd. But the entire room seemed to be commenting on it by the end since there were so many exs (read: shiny things) involved.

It just doesn't seem very logical to do what you did. You could easily trade via the gym a lugia ex for a arcanine ex, or even a charizard ex for a arcanine ex, I'm sure a LOT of the people here would have done that trade in a heartbeat... but instead you chose to give a LOT of exsthat you didnt NEED to give... which defies the rules we use in trading, not to rip ourselves off when the deal is right around the corner on eBay, the gym, and probably other people at the event.

Back