Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford, IL Emerald Prerelease 5/1/2005 (new registration time)

yoshi1001

Where:
North Suburban Woman's Club
6320 North Second St.
Loves Park, IL 61111

When:
5/1/2005 (May Day, of all things)
11:30AM Registration
12:30 Tournament
(No Lunch Break)

Prizes:
10 boosters per player+
6 Boosters for 1st in each division
2 Boosters for 2nd-4th in each division

Cost: $18

As usual, if 40 players or more show up, I'll throw in a special secret door prize!

Special bonus: For each new* player you bring in who enters the tournament, I'll give you four packs.

*Meaning hasn't played in a previous TiY Premiere event (TRR pre, CC, and Deoxys Prerelease) When you check in, have the new player with you, and you will get your packs at the end of the event.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, you picked the same date as Brookfield. If you'd've picked the next Saturday or Sunday, I would come. However, Jarod gives more prizes. Sry, man.

bullados said:
Unfortunately, you picked the same date as Brookfield. If you'd've picked the next Saturday or Sunday, I would come. However, Jarod gives more prizes. Sry, man.

Second weekend wasn't an option-falls right before final exams.
By the way, I would like a rough count of how many will show up.

yoshi1001 said:
Second weekend wasn't an option-falls right before final exams.
By the way, I would like a rough count of how many will show up.

Also I believe The Woman's Club is booked the second weekend, so we couldn't have done it then anyway. Too bad they're on the same day tho.

I've added a bonus for bringing a new player to the event. See above. Let me know if you plan on doing this so I can order appropriately.

So if my brother and I come and bring 2 new people (none of the four of us have played an event in your area before), do we all get 4 packs bonus?

soslowpoke said:
So if my brother and I come and bring 2 new people (none of the four of us have played an event in your area before), do we all get 4 packs bonus?

Well, sure. Just make sure you guys have it squared away as to who's claiming who.

FYI,

Last Pre-Release, Brookfield was at MAXIMUM CAPACITY. There was no extra seats. (No one was shut out) Over crowding probably won't happen with Rockford going on but........just a warning, You know that now that it is at the Rockford Women's club they won't have that problem.

At TRR prerelease, Niles and Rockford went head to head same date, and Rockford (at store that time) had superior prizes to Niles, thus Niles had light attendence and Rockford, several people were closed out because the size of the store. Because Niles had smaller numbers than Rockford, you actually had a better chance of winning at Niles.

Last edited:
SLOW DECK said:
FYI,

Last Pre-Release, Brookfield was at MAXIMUM CAPACITY. There was no extra seats. (No one was shut out) Over crowding probably won't happen with Rockford going on but........just a warning, You know that now that it is at the Rockford Women's club they won't have that problem.

At TRR prerelease, Niles and Rockford went head to head same date, and Rockford (at store that time) had superior prizes to Niles, thus Niles had light attendence and Rockford, several people were closed out because the size of the store. Because Niles had smaller numbers than Rockford, you actually had a better chance of winning at Niles.

And this time Niles has ever more prizes than last time. They should be competetive with what is posted here, plus all the extra goodies.

Why are you guys posting Brookfield and Niles prizes for the prereleases when they have their own thread? Yoshi1001, I will be attending with my brother and 2 friends

Last edited:
Back