Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford IL Holon Phantoms Prerelease

PokeMama

Well, due to some rather unfortunate scheduling conflicts, the only date available to us for the Holon Phantoms Prerelease is on Sat April 22. And yes, I realize that it's the same day as "Mighty Meg45's Massive Regionals", but we simply have to work with what dates we've got for this one!

So here are the details for now, and I'll keep things updated as we progress along!

When: Saturday April 22

Yes, it's on a Saturday this time, not our usual Sunday for a Prerelease.

Where: Tomorrow Is Yesterday 5600 N. 2nd St. Rockford IL 61111
Here's a Maquests Link
Yes, it's going to be right at our store, not at the North Suburban Women's Club where we usually have it as they were totally booked for all available dates already. But not to worry, our gameroom has seating for 32 players and we have an additional gameroom available to us if we have more than 32 players.

What time: 11:30am registration/lunch break, 12:30 Event start

Cost: $20
This will include 6 booster packs, a special Promo Card, a Holon Phantoms Pin
plus 2 bonus packs and a Special Merchandise Item at the end of the event,

As always, we will have some great door prizes throughout the event an we will also be having the special Chansey's Chance Raffle drawing for anyone who donates Chansey cards from any set to Marriland's (Devin's) Chansey Card Collection (which is currently over 500 cards). See details on that raffle down a few posts here.

Some of our great door prizes will include Booster Packs, Dice sets, Deck Sleeves, and as usual, a Free Pass into our next Prerelease at TIY!

I will also give a free Booster Pack to everyone who Preregisters with me by Thursday April 20th, either here on the board, via PM, at the store, or via Email from our website. And as usual, if you bring someone new to TIY who hasn't played in one of our Premiere events before, you'll be able to get an additional Booster pack too!

If there's enough interest, we also can run a Theme Deck Challenge too. Just depends on how many people show up.

As I said, I realize it's very unfortunate that our date is the same as Meg45's big Regionals, and that a lot of our frequent players will be going there instead, but I know we'll have a good time at TIY for those of you who come!

After the main Prerelease we will also have a Modified Side Event for only $5. Holon Phantom Prizes will be determined by how many players enter, so the more players, the bigger the prizes! Bring your modified decks along and get in some extra practice for Regionals or Gym Challenges!

And naturally, there will be my cookies for those who attend! Or maybe I'll make brownies... still not sure, but I'll definately bake something tasty for those of you who come to TIY! :thumb:

Feel free to check our website, TIYPokemon.com for complete details.

Camille

Last edited:
DARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have made plans to got to M45's regionals already.......

The only way i can see if i can get there is if i win the Chicago or Indiana Regional.

Once again i dont think i can make this one.

Sorry...............

Ya, I know that's going to be the case a lot I'm sure. But couldn't be helped this time. Oh well, hope to catch you at our next event then Poliwag!

I might drop buy for league and the weekly tournament sometime.

Would it be possible to get the TIY shirt from someone at Illinois States?

Possibly! Or if you came up to our tourney and league! That would be great! We're also in the process of getting new improved ones! But one thing, you'd need to take out that line in your sig about no one caring about your accomplishments! We care! :wink:

booooo, why'd you have to have it the same day as regionals....aww well, i guess he's having a prerelease there, but TIY is always fun. theres always the next set.

I know, I know... it sorta rots... but I'm gone the next weekend, and the Women's club is booked up anyway, and even TIYs gameroom is usually booked on Sundays. But even if I could get the gameroom for Sunday, I figured most people who were going to Vince's Regionals would probably just go to his Prerelease and be too tired after all that travel to get to ours on Sunday, don't you think? I'd be curious to know what you guys would think.

If i could drive i would go on sunday to your prerelease, but parents are gonna be too tired since we will be down there until like atleast midnight on Saturday so its a no go either way. Only if I win the Chicago one or GL ones. Beforehand.

I will se if i can get your league some time but it wont before Illinois Stastes since next week is my birthday and the week after i have a basketball tourney. So if it would be possible to get the shirt at Illinois States I would appreciate it. And the cost is 7 dollars right?

Right now, all I have is 1 large left of our original design. But before States, I'll have our new design out. Don't have an exact cost on that one yet but I hope to keep it the same.

Sure, or I can even mail one out to you (we ship things Priority Mail all the time for our business). Oh and glad you changed your siggy :thumb:

We very well may have a smaller Prerelease this time, but I know that I'll make sure everyone who comes has a good time :clap:

Awwwww.......... I don't have any Chansey cards. Oh, well. If I can get $20 I'm there for sure. Have you signed Jeremiah up yet? He did get the PreRelease Pass afterall. *mutters* "Lucky little kid."

Ok everyone, Head Judge Marriland (Devin P-R) here, and I have a special bonus prize that I'm going to start giving away at any of Pokemama/TIY's Premier Events! Interested? Well read on, friend!

Chansey's Chance Raffle

• Directly out of my Judge Support, I will be taking some packs to give away to two lucky participants in our event! The amount of packs will vary based on the activity, but you will get no less than 3, I guarentee that.

"Dude, I'd love to get some extra packs! What do I have to do to get them?!"
  • Well, it's pretty easy, actually. At the end of the third round, I will draw two ticket stubs from a hat (or whatever randomization tool I use to shuffle some ticket stubs). If a ticket number I draw matches your ticket, you'll win some free packs at the end of the event! (You won't get them immediately. If you have to leave, though, you can let me know so I can give you your packs on your way out.)

"Whoa, are you serious?! Free packs?! But how do I get a ticket?"
  • Getting a ticket is simple, really. You will receive one ticket for every one Chansey TCG Card you donate to the infamous Chansey Collection of mine, which currently has over 500 Chanseys in it. It can be any Chansey card from any set, just as long as it's a Chansey TCG card. Other Chansey product is still accepted AND appreciated (you won't get tickets, though), so please bring any Chansey stuff you have to go into the collection! You know it's for a good cause! :tongue:

"Sure thing! I've got some Chansey cards I'll give you!"
  • Excellent, then you have a shot at winning some extra packs! How cool is that? :thumb: Just please, understand that you should be donating the Chansey cards to help the collection, and not just to get some extra packs. Because really, that's what it's all about.

And remember, if you're a member of the PokeGym or Marriland Forums, please be sure to tell me your PokeGym or Marriland Forum username so you can receive credit on my Chansey Collection topic (PokeGym) and The Shrine of Chansey (chansey.marriland.com)!

"So how many packs do I get?
  • Hold on now, you didn't win anything yet! The amount of packs you might win depends on how many Chansey cards are donated.
    • If less than 10 Chanseys are donated, 2 packs will go to 2 people.
    • If between 10 and 19 Chanseys are donated, 3 packs will go to 2 people.
    • If between 20 and 39 Chanseys are donated, 4 packs will go to 2 people.
    • If between 40 and 59 Chanseys are donated, 5 packs will go to 2 people.
    • If more than 59 Chanseys are donated, 6 packs will go to 2 people.
    • One additional Modified-legal TCG pack will be added to the prizes for each Chansey ex card that is donated. (Only one-at-a-time, though, so if there are an odd number, the first-drawn number will receive the extra pack.)

You do NOT have to purchase anything in order to participate this raffle! It is completely free of charge, with the exception of donations of Chansey cards to my collection. (But I mean, really, how many of you actually care about those stacks of old Chansey cards you have? Why not give them to someone who collects them, while at the same time getting a chance to win some extra packs!)

Of course, if you want to buy some Chansey cards up ahead of time online or from card shops to increase your odds of winning those packs... please, be my guest. :wink:

"Man, this sounds AWESOME!! I can't wait!!"
  • Nor can I! As much as I love getting packs for the hard work I put into Judging, getting Chanseys for my collection is a FAR greater reward, and giving packs to the people who really want them - the players and participants - is very satisfying.

"Do I have to be playing in the event to participate in this raffle?"
  • Nope! Anyone and everyone may participate, even if you're not participating in any event.

Also, if this is against the rules in ANY way, shape, or form, I will not go along with this. All packs given away are coming directly out of MY judge support, and should not affect players at all. I don't think that this is against the rules, but y'never know. Regardless, I would still LOVE it if you brought me Chansey cards! :tongue:

I can't wait until this Prerelease! It's gonna be the best Prerelease EVER! :thumb:

I've updated the first post with a few more details for our event. The time has been set for Registration at 11:30 and Pack Crackin' at 12:30. .. same time frame as usual. But don't forget, it's on Saturday this time instead of Sunday, and right at TIY in the gameroom, not at the Women's Club.

Hope to see you there!

If I can get $20 I'll be there to support your event as usual. DA MAMA'S EVENTS RULE!!!!!! Be there or be some form of cube. Maybe a rectangular cube.....:lol:

Lots of fun for everyone who's able to make it. And let's not forget one of our best door prizes... a free pass into the next Prerelease! That's a great one that both Bigginzzz and most recently Jeremiah W have won so far since we've started giving them away! It's great to be able to walk into a Prerelease and get everything for FREE!

Hey Camille I might be able to come to this if I cant get to St. Louis. Parents are too tired to drive until the summer.

That would be great! I mean, sorry if you can't go to St Louis, heck we'd ALL like to go to that one :wink: , but would be fun for you to get up to Rockford!

Hey Camille, Do you have any of your TIYers going to the Great Lakes Regionals on the 15th? I'd like to see if I could get a ride there.

Back