Excellent

Lucario (DP) (easily the best)

Very Good

Rotom (RR)

Good

Regigigas (LA)
Dusknoir (SF)

Just about usable

Giratina (PL) (some people rate them, but I find the corners get manky really fast)
Arceus (AR)
Garchomp (SV) (only just)

Bad - would NEVER use in a tourney

Legendary Dogs (UL)
Eeveelutions (UD)

Even Worse - wouldn't even use for playtesting

Eeveelutions (MD)
Darkrai (GE)
Weavile (SW)
Electivire (MT)

So horrible, it's disturbing

Lugia/Ho-Oh (HGSS) - the backs start to peel after one shuffle

I agree. I had the honor of watching someone at League play with these sleeves for two months without changing them. And let me tell you, it was not pretty.

Has anybody had a chance to handle the Celebi sleeves yet?
I'm very interested in using them but I don't want to use them and have them fall apart on me.

baby mario's post is the reason I generally use the Prerelease sleeves to store my collection in binders.

BTW, I think the Giggles sleeves are better than you give them credit for. Used them on one deck for over a year, nary a peel or a scratch on them. Haven't had to replace one in that period. Dusknoir are almost as good. Oracles are the best, though.

baby mario's post is the reason I generally use the Prerelease sleeves to store my collection in binders.

Haha, word. Have you ever looked into KMC perfect fit? It's what I use in my monster binders, and they're pretty neato.

Also, I'll vouch that the Rotom sleeves are fantastic. They're not as nice as some sleeves, but I played with them for a while and, although the corners do bend sometimes, otherwise they're pretty top tier as far as PR sleeves go.

Haha, word. Have you ever looked into KMC perfect fit? It's what I use in my monster binders, and they're pretty neato.

Also, I'll vouch that the Rotom sleeves are fantastic. They're not as nice as some sleeves, but I played with them for a while and, although the corners do bend sometimes, otherwise they're pretty top tier as far as PR sleeves go.

Agreed. I like using the RR sleeves over the DP sleeves because I prefer the feel of the RR ones. I've also gone off rough backed matte sleeves, I tend to use glossy or smooth matte sleeves now.

Have to disagree with HGSS and SV.

SV is probably the worst sleeve I've seen, ever. Both of my sets ripped/had problems after 2-3 games. HGSS, while not good, I've at least seen them last someone 3 months.

Also, Gigas sleeves should be with rotom.

Just wondering, I've been shuffling with the Legendary Dog sleeves and after shuffling a bit, the corners get caught onto the back peel and then it causes it to peel. Is that normal of all these PR sleeves? I've been looking into sleeves for a while now that would look decent with my Vilegar deck and I've decided to go for the Celebi ones. Also want to know if you guys have any information on those sleeves too :)

Seems like the Espeon/Umbreon PR sleeves from UD have been pretty good. I've seen some use them for about a month. I'd rank them up with the Rotom sleeves, tbh.

Excellent

Lucario (DP) (easily the best)

Very Good

Rotom (RR)

Good

Regigigas (LA)
Dusknoir (SF)

Just about usable

Giratina (PL) (some people rate them, but I find the corners get manky really fast)
Arceus (AR)
Garchomp (SV) (only just)

Bad - would NEVER use in a tourney

Legendary Dogs (UL)
Eeveelutions (UD)

Even Worse - wouldn't even use for playtesting

Eeveelutions (MD)
Darkrai (GE)
Weavile (SW)
Electivire (MT)

Good, but a couple of things:
Arceus is good.
Garchomp sleeves, from what I heard, are terrible.
MD sleeves haven't EVER peeled on me; and I've been using them for 2 years. They just crumple a lot I'd add that.
I think either GE or SW did this too.
UD is terrible.
HGSS is, imo, not the absolute worst. UD sleeves are.

So glad that you are on hand to correct me on matters of opinion.

The Arceus sleeves are mediocre in my experience. Strong enough, but the corners are dodgy. Just like the Giratina ones. I don't much like the Garchomps myself, but they are ok for playtesting and I've seen people use them in tourneys.

The MT to MD sleeves might not peel (never said they did), but they are horribly cheap and tacky and look like crap very quickly.

Used HGSS once for league. Had to change 6 sleeves during the first game. I wasn't being fussy either, the backs peeled half way off. Completely unusable. The UD sleeves aren't good, but I have have managed to get through a couple of casual games with them, which is more than I did with HGSS.

Out of all the PR sleeves, I would only use Lucario, Rotom, Gigas or Dusknoir for an actual tournament (apart from BRs maybe).

There's also a problem with some Arceus sleeves which are discoloured and create a marked card situation.

The MT to MD sleeves might not peel (never said they did), but they are horribly cheap and tacky and look like crap very quickly.

Every single MT to GE sleeve I've ever used for playing has peeled in one way or another. Used them for the Professor Cup that year. Never again.

My friend has Weavile SW sleeves that are holding up. Rotom, Lucario, Regigigas, and Giratina (though I agree the corners are frustrating). thats my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back