Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Southeast Regional Championship & Holon Phantom Pre-Release - Greensboro, NC 4/22/06

Feraligatr

Just got word on the Southeast Regional Championship (name changed from 2005 Eastern Regionals)!!! Please see below for initial details and keep checking back for updates!!! Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions or post them here.

So who is planning on coming??? Please feel free to post here if you are!!! :clap:

IMPORTANT: Regional Championships are ONE and DONE. This means if you win one you CANNOT compete in any other 2006 Regional Championship.

3114 CEDAR PARK ROAD
GREENSBORO, NC 27405
UNITED STATES
1-336-697-4000
web site: http://www.gsoex.com

Room Info
There is no longer a block of rooms reserved. If rooms are still available you will be able to get the discounted rate of $69 by letting the hotel know you are attending the Pokemon Southeast Regional Championship when calling in to reserve your room (1 King bed or 2 Double beds). Check in is 10:00am or after and check out is by 11:00am.

Vendor
There will also be a vendor on site that will have cool stuff for sale like deck protectors, deck boxes, Pokemon single cards, etc... The vendor is DJ's Cards & Stuff from High Point, NC.

Airport Info
Please click on this link http://www.flyfrompti.com/ for information about the local airport (Piedmont Triad Intl Airport) if you are flying in. The airport is approximately 18 miles from the hotel.

Directions
VA/DC: I-95S to I-85S (exit 51) to I-85S/I-40W (exit 131) to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn right onto Cedar Park Rd.

WV: I-77S to I-74E (exit 101) which becomes US-52S to I-40E (exit 107A) to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Eastern NC: I-40W to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn right onto Cedar Park Rd.

TN/Western NC: I-40E to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

GA/Western SC/Charlotte, NC: I-85N to I-85 BR N to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Middle SC: I-77N to I-85N to I-85 BR N to E Lee St/NC-6W (exit 128). Turn left onto E Lee St and right onto Cedar Park Rd.

Date
Sat, April 22, 2006

Registration Time
10:00am - 11:00am

Deck registration sheets will be required and available on site.
Click on link to get your Regional Championship Deck Sheet ahead of time: http://home.earthlink.net/~ncbeachcat/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/regional_deck_sheet.pdf

Start Time
11:30am

Entry Fee
FREE

Format
Modified (Ex Hidden Legends through Ex Legend Maker including Nintendo black star promo cards 027 and above and POP Series 1 & 2 ). If card has been reprinted in one of the sets mentioned above the older version can be used (i.e. Warp Point, TV Reporter, etc).

Rounds
Based on attendance. After swiss rounds are completed, cut to single elimination per age group with 1 hour match, best 2 of 3 (top ?? will be based on attendance per age group).

Staff
Rick L (Rocketman)
Mike S (nfgcgrb)
Tymon M (GLB)
Keith H (Lawman)
David T (totoro)
Gary W (GrandDaddy)
Randy M
Bob W
Javier S
Toni (ncpicachufan2000)
David B
Edna C
Stephan V (Scizorsfury)

Local Attractions
Wet & Wild Emerald Pointe
http://www.emeraldpointe.com/

Children's Museum
http://www.gcmuseum.com/flash.htm

Celebration Station
http://www.celebrationstation.com/

Four Seasons Mall
http://www.shopfourseasons.com/html/

Prime Outlets (Burlington)
http://www.primeoutlets.com/cntrdefault.asp?cntrid=1016

Minor League Baseball
http://www.gsohoppers.com/

Prizes
1st Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18), US Residents only, to the 2006 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio!
A scholarship award worth $2000
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $1000

3rd
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $750

4th Place
A scholarship award worth $750

5th through 8th Place
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

HOLON PHANTOMS PRE-RELEASE
This will start at the end of the swiss rounds. It will be like M45's (yup duplication is the sincerest form of flattery...LOL). Once we have 16 people we will start a Pre-Release flight. There will be no deck sheets to fill out. Each player will receive 6 booster packs to build a 40 card deck including basic energies (provided) in 30 minutes. It is $20 per person and you will only be able to play in one of these. Each player will receive 2 booster packs at the end of swiss rounds when they turn in their basic energies. There is no limit for the other side events. Also there will be a staff/finalists Pre-Release after single elimination is finished (FREE...plus...). Based on last year we should be starting the Pre-Release between 5-6pm.

Side Events
Modified - $5
Booster Draft - $15 (everyone gets 5 random booster packs to build a 40 card deck including basic energies which will be provided on site)

Each side event will be a 8 player pickup so when there are at least 8 players that side event will start. Each side event will have the following prize structure:

1st - 4 booster packs
2nd - 3 booster packs
3rd - 2 booster packs
4th - 1 booster pack

New Players Area
There will also be an area for anyone wanting to learn how to play. We will be giving out promo cards and pins for those new players learning how to play (1 promo card & pin per person). This is a great chance for parents (and/or brothers/sisters) who don't know how to play but would like too!!!

Door Prizes
Ex Legend Maker Booster Box
Pokemon Hats (2 per age group)
Pokemon Plush (2 per age group)
Pokemon Figures (2 per age group)
Chessex Dice (per age group)

Friday Night Tournament
FREE
Registration between 7:00-8:00pm.
Tournament starts at 8:00pm.
Modified (Ex Hidden Legends through Ex Legend Maker)
Swiss rounds, no single elimination, and number of rounds based on attendance.
Not sanctioned as we will have a special guest from PUI that will be participating...
Prizes
1st: 2006 State Championship Banner, Box Topper, & 12 Legend Maker Booster Packs
2nd & 3rd: Theme Deck, Box Topper, & 6 Legend Maker Booster Packs
4th & 5th: Box Topper & 3 Legend Maker Booster Packs
6th thru 8th: Box Topper & 2 Legend Maker Booster Packs

Last edited:
OH YEAH /kool-aid man

I hope to attend this, and I hope to meet a lot of out of staters like RocketMan again!

The Gorn said:
Is One-and-Done in effect?

Yup...just like State Championships.

IMPORTANT: Regional Championships are ONE and DONE. This means if you win one you CANNOT compete in any other 2006 Regional Championship.

Jeff: This is the same location as last year...correct?? If so, everyone will enjoy the site! You should be able to pencil Alex and I in Jeff. If you need my assistance in Judging again, that would be cool with me!

Keith

If trips are given out, alex and i will probably trek up there; otherwise expect us at your GCs only.

Last edited:
Lawman said:
Jeff: This is the same location as last year...correct?? If so, everyone will enjoy the site! You should be able to pencil Alex and I in Jeff. If you need my assistance in Judging again, that would be cool with me!

Keith

Same location as last year. Check your email. Thanks...

Last edited:
CleffaGirl said:
nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! i'm in a play on that same day. >< >< >< >< >< i'll miss u. :( *cryyyyyyyyyz*
noooooooooooo.i guess ur bro will just win like always then lol,i may make this one if i can catch a ride,i runner-up'd last year there...

CleffaGirl said:
nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! i'm in a play on that same day. >< >< >< >< >< i'll miss u. :( *cryyyyyyyyyz*

A play > Pokemon regionals?? Get yer priorities straight and get to the tourney!! J/K....hope you "break a leg" and dont forget us when you win that Emmy/Oscar/Tony award! Should be a great time. Mike...you gonna be 15 for this big event?? Time for you to play ball with the "big boys" like Dendro, Slick, Jacy, Gymbo, the Barlocks, etc etc etc (I know I missed lots of folks, hope to see many old and new friends there)

Keith

Elissa, sorry to hear you won't make it this year. But hey, your two bros will! So that'll be cool. I'll be looking forward to this event. The competition is so great, gotta love it.

~Jim

Exciting this will be!

I am looking forward to returning to Greensboro. It should be a very fun event. Team Dragon has some work to do.

supertyranitar said:
This shall be excitinig! But d'oh I'll be iin 15+ >.<, NO!!!!!!

Congratulations to supertyranitar in moving up to 15+ in the near future!

Lawman said:
A play > Pokemon regionals?? Get yer priorities straight and get to the tourney!! J/K....hope you "break a leg" and dont forget us when you win that Emmy/Oscar/Tony award! Should be a great time. Mike...you gonna be 15 for this big event?? Time for you to play ball with the "big boys" like Dendro, Slick, Jacy, Gymbo, the Barlocks, etc etc etc (I know I missed lots of folks, hope to see many old and new friends there)

Keith
I'm ready sir, I'm looking forward to this event, shall be awesome!

@ Mr_Snuggles_Lover: I look forward to seeing the special K do some special things.

Question: Are there any restaurants nearby? I remember last year having to drive a few exits down to grab some food to fuel a mind in progress?

Question: Will there be some special sanctioned tournament the night before the Regional like last year? It is good to get some much needed practice in.

Last edited:
Back