Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Southern Regional Championship Orlando, Florida 4/22/06 & Holon Phantom Pre-release

Heidi Craig

Date: April 22, 2006

5727 Cornelia Ave
Orlando, Florida 32807
(To find Cornelia Ave look for a Nissan dealership and Catholic Charities)

Tournaments starts: 12:00pm
Entry: FREE
Format: Modified Constructed
Contact info: [email protected]

What are the prizes?

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are 10 & Under, 11-14, and 15 and up.

Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG Regional Championship promo card, a commemorative Regional Championships pin, and two POP Series Two 2-card promo packs while supplies last, just for playing!

The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
  • A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
  • A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18), US Residents only, to the 2006 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio! (Visit www.originsgames.com for more information)
  • A scholarship award worth $2000 (Click http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/docs/scholarship_Terms%20and%20Conditions.doc for scholarship details and restrictions)
  • Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
  • A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
2nd Place
  • A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCGexpansions
3rd
4th Place
5th through 8th Place
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

There will be several activities throughout the day:
Coloring contest
Guess the damage counters
Su-Doku-Mon ( I recommend if you want to participate in this event learning how to do Su-Doku before the event would help) There will be two parts to this competion. First, there will be the 6x6 timed competion that will run throughout the day. Second, there will be a 9x9 competion that will run throughout the day and up to a certain number that finish will get a prize based on the order you turned in you Su-Doku-Mon. Keep in mind these will all have Pokemon names instead of numbers.

Prizes for these contest are:
Pokemon figures, sleeves, packs, mini gum tins

We will try to have a Trivia contest during the lunch break since most players get back early.

Items that will be raffled throughout the day:
Deck Bags
Pokemon Sleeves
Trade Binders
Pokemon UK Legendary Bird Tins (3 total)
Pokemon Packs

Side Events

Holon Phantom Pre-release
Entry $20.00
This side event will start as soon as the main event swiss rounds end. You may only play in one pre-release side event.
Prizes: If you stay till the end you will receive 2 additional booster and a limited edition deck box.

Modified Side Event
Entry $5.00
This event will start as sonn as the main event swiss rounds end.
Prizes: 2 packs per player go to the prize pool for the top placing players.

There will be a special surprise for the first 50 people that turn in there deck list.

Bring a new player and you will each receive a free pack from a current Pokemon TCG expansion.

I will usually do a pizza lunch at this venue. Orders will be taken in the morning during registration if you are interested.
Heidi

Last edited:
ryanvergel said:
I love sudoku!

Alex and I will be there, reppin' for Team R.

Scratchs head* Wonders how you will be in 2 places at one time...hum...:clap: You must be an swesome time traveler...

The best looking player in FL (me) will be there

Heidi Craig said:
There will be a special surprise for the first 50 people that turn in there deck list.

Is it a date with Phil??

Heidi Craig said:
Su-Doku-Mon ( I recommend if you want to participate in this event learning how to do Su-Doku before the event would help) There will be two parts to this competion. First, there will be the 6x6 timed competion that will run throughout the day. Second, there will be a 9x9 competion that will run throughout the day and up to a certain number that finish will get a prize based on the order you turned in you Su-Doku-Mon. Keep in mind these will all have Pokemon names instead of numbers.

Is there a web site where you can learn this game.

Can you tell us the prizes for the main event?

i/we will also show up. remember, if you get tired of anyone, i will kill them for you, and no that doesnt include myself

Heidi Craig said:
Holon Phantom Pre-release
Entry $20.00
This side event will start as soon as the main event swiss rounds end. You may only play in one pre-release side event.
Prizes: coming soon

AWWWWW man, a prerelease after the regional swiss rounds too bad I won't be playing it ill be too busy in the top cut, PLAYING NOT WATCHING.

Last edited:
the ft. laud. loud mounth said:
AWWWWW man, a prerelease after the regional swiss rounds too bad I won't be playing it ill be too busy in the top cut.

i'll be rootin for you the whole way :lol:
but, of course, i'll be there

Turns out I can't go. I have prom the same day... no way to drive 3 hours and back and make it to prom+dinner.

=*(

I dont think I would feel bad if I even miss the release for the other side event let alone top cut from what I have seen that set isn't too good.

I have a dilemma. I'd really like to go to Regionals. Trouble is, there's an important family outing coming on the same day as Regionals. Therefore, I'm going to have to get a ride from someone in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Any takers?

- Croatian_Nidoking

Sudoku

Mrs. Craig,

Unfortunately North Carolina's Regional is on the same day as this sooo...
Any chance you could email me a copy of those pokemon sudokus? I'm a Sudoku addict:biggrin:

Thanks!
-Jordan

uhhh

ryanvergel said:
Turns out I can't go. I have prom the same day... no way to drive 3 hours and back and make it to prom+dinner.

same

pretttttttty lame, cuz I wanted to go, really bad.

Back