System of a down. Devil music?

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by B_B_C, Feb 11, 2008.

1. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

My mom says it's devil music. I don't think so.

Dicuss.

2. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

i only like one of their songs, "Holy Mountains". The rest is too much for me lol.

3. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

system of a down is FAR from devil music. have her listen to something HEAVY.
    go find "bring me the horizon", and have her listen to some of that.
    its not devil music, but its A LOT heavier than S.O.D.
    then she'll be glad youre not listening to that, and she'll have no problem with S.O.D.
    same with some other stuff like "clifton", "all out war", and others, now of course those arent the heaviest stuff around, but they are up there.

i dont think there is really such a thing as devil music, but manson is as close as it comes i think.

4. Team Cook

Team Cook New Member

It's a parents job to tell you that you listen to devils music. It's in our parent guidelines. In 1974 my parents told me KISS and Ted Nugent was the devils music.

5. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

And just look at Gene Simmons now...

6. bugsbite

bugsbite New Member

ROTFLOL!!!

Anyway the true group that plays Devil's music is Slayer!!!!

7. moza

moza New Member

I lol'd at slayer.

I mean, devil music? I think certain songs are more about satan then bands are.

Songs like number of the beast by iron maidon.

8. Shellshock929

Shellshock929 <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Yeah my mom thinks all Hard Rock and all kinds of Metal Music is the Devil's Music. I listen to a lot of classic metal and some new stuff, and she hates the newer ones more with the reasons stated. IMO I think it's dumb to call them Devil's Music. I'm not just talking about SOAD.

9. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

I'll send you mom Locust's newest album. If she survives listening to the entire thing, I doupt she will ever mess with your music again.

10. pat460

pat460 New Member

omg. thats all i can think to say

11. i love SOAD, and its nowhere near devil music. Its just hard music. IMO they sing about better things like the song Hypnotize is def not devilish.

Yeah... my moms parents said Led Zepplin was devilish

12. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

NO NO NO NO NO NO it is NOT devil music! It is not NEAR as heavy as some other bands. Don't feel too bad. The first time my mom heard this kind of music, she didn't like it either. I agree with Master Of Puppets, let your mom hear something much heavier such as Slayer or Mushroomhead.Then, she might not hate S.O.D as much.And don't get me wrong,I like Slayer & Mushroomhead, I'm just saying that they are heavier.:thumb:

Edit: I also agree that Manson does come very close to devil music.

13. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

i think im lucky then cause my mom likes the music i listen to, she is always wanting me to burn cd's for her.
    haha

14. Flareon

Flareon New Member

Uh, did she read the lyrics? Or just listening to their voices and music?

15. Marril

Marril New Member

The OP's mom is apparently an ignorant religious conservative. I'm questioning whether or not she's ever bothered to take more than a cursory glance (so to speak) at it.

16. supertyranitar

supertyranitar New Member

System Of A Down is FAR from Devil's Music. The fact that it has any metal influence is probably what leads her to believe such things. There are FAR worse things then System Of A Down that really could be labeled as the "Devil's Music." A lot of the Black Metal genre would be considered Devil's Music (though there are some exceptions, such as the band Graveworm.)

17. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

:eek:Wow your mom must be awesome. My mom said that the Death Metal growling sorta creeped her out.

18. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

SAOD is devil music......?

So, I suppose Dethklok is The Lord of The Underworld himself, eh?

19. AgentP

AgentP New Member

Back in the early 80s, between my Parents and an anti Rock Music seminar at a church, I was led to believe that Ozzy Osbourne was the Devil himself. Also labeled as devil music back then was Queen, AC/DC, and Kiss.

Now, as a parent, I believe all Rap is devil music, just because I don't like it.

20. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

My mon as heard all the other metal and death metal on my i-pod and still thinks SOAD is devil music. She evan heard angel of death and still thinks that SOAD IS Devil music.