Tech against Empoleon

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by SmackDat, Jun 22, 2008.

1. SmackDat

SmackDat New Member

With the threat of empoleon being high i thought about dugtrio, dusknoir, crystal beach, and cessation crystal. Are there any other tech's against Empoleon?

2. XYZ_Sniper

XYZ_Sniper New Member

electrode ftw
    *^lol has to 17 or more characters....*

3. SmackDat

SmackDat New Member

Not bad, I think the Lightning type is very good to counter empoleon.
    Man, seems like there are a lot of cards that hurt empoleon, i wonder if it's a safe deck for me to use at nationals.
    Hmm i wonder about manectric MT?

4. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

manectric's hp is way too low to be good against anything, unfortunately.

5. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Lightning is ineffective, they will always tech in 1-2 Glacia's Stadium if they are smart.

6. XYZ_Sniper

XYZ_Sniper New Member

counter stadium then drop electrode for 130....

7. Rew

Rew Active Member

who plays that card, lol. Who's scared of something that can knock out one empoleon. they can just scramble another empoleon.

8. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

I did, when I ran Empoleon. For that rare but seen electric deck, and it did save me. It works better than you would think.

9. SmackDat

SmackDat New Member

Maybe that tangrowth card would be decent it has a lot of health but has resistance to water pokemon, so they can't surf together

10. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt New Member

Raichu and Electrode FTW.
    Scramble either and you get the OHKO.
    Raichu also has a colorless agility which will come in handy in other non-Empoleon match ups.
    Electrode however helps you control Scramble activation for you and your opponents, also giving you an energy out of it being ko'ed.
    Both would be great plays against Empoleon.

11. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

probably the most effective tech against empo is ampharos SW IMO. it spreads whenver your opponent lays a supporter, OHKOs empo with boundary, nice HP etc

12. baby mario

baby mario Front Page Article Editor<br><a href="http://pokeg

What is the best thing about Empoleon? Damage spread.

What stops damage spread is your best tech against it.

Yeah Electric Pokemon + Lake Boundary can kill it, but by then the damage has already been done with the spread and another Empoleon is ready to take its place and knock out your tech.

13. ChaosKnuckles

ChaosKnuckles New Member

Dugtrio CG is the best tech against Empoleon.

14. Ikari

Ikari New Member

And when Dugtrio is gone, we have Bastiodon lol

Ummmm Meganium d? Resistance W, Delta Reduction nullifies the first attack, and Surf Together is reduced to 40 if maxed. Plus useful Power. The downside: Is a Stage 2...

WHAT?

15. Sunflora~!!!! lol jks
    empo counter...Thunder donk?

Zapdos T2 or something lol
    then start doing hevy damage to empoleons
    maybe dugtrio is good, but it is going sooon, so the only card that can do similar to it, is dusknoir, reducing the surf together damage amount

16. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt New Member

Dugtrio isn't a good counter. They can easily just Omastar it then Wager it away and continue to spread.
    Meganium isn't either. Too easy to bypass the effect. But it won't see any play at Nats though anyways.

17. Politoed EX

Politoed EX New Member

most empoleon players play holon WP

18. SLOW DECK

SLOW DECK New Member

Even with Holon WP (Which I don't think fit's into many players decks),
    Dugdrio and Meg d destroys empoleon. There are some plays around it, nice to say, but play out the match up and emploleon losses.

19. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Tyranitar ex d DF, 4 plus powers, 4 strength charms, 2-4 windstorm, 2-4 beach, dugtrio CG, and claydol HP, FTW?

Spread enough with claydol to let tyranitar OHKO anything, with PP and SC just in case, and plenty of counter-stadiums.

20. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

The best are dugtrio and a pokemon that resists water and blocks even more damage like leafeon or Megainium d. Also any pokemon that heals all of your pokemon in play.