Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The 10 priciest collectable card - Pokemon nabs 2 spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regis_Neo

Pretty fun article here:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/unplugged/10-priciest-collectible-cards-232119394.html

Now granted, I'd say anyone paying $2k+ for a mint 1st edition Base Charizard is a bit...nuts, but I have never heard of that Pikachu Illustrator card; anyone care to chime in on what that effect does? At $20k, definitely quite a price for 1 of 4 rumored copies to exist.

Some other non-Pokemon staples like Black Lotus (MTG) made the list, but I'm surprised some of the more oddball stuff (like that garbage pail kids one) is worth so much.

They way overestimated the price of Charizard, right? Or am I insane?

Regis: Illustrator doesn't have battle effects. The text just says that the person who received the card was recognized for winning an art contest that Japan ran back in the day.

Ya this list seems a little off first ed charizard is not 2500$ lol and its pretty cool seeing a digimon card worth so much !

I'm new here, could any kind person care to explain the "prerelease raichu" joke to me (I've seen references made to it before)?

The illustrators card was apparently designed by a kid as part of a contest, or so I hear.
Posted with Mobile style...

Bah!!

There are so many things wrong with that article - the prices are way off! The Pikachu Illustrator is probably the single most expensive card but the glory days of collecting are long over (that's a good thing) and prices are a little more sane these days - but still around the $10,000 mark. Still, bargain compared to $20,000 ;)

PS: Yes, you would be absolutely insane to buy a 1st ed Charizard for $2000. Even if it was graded 10 mint.

Whats the stroy behind the Kagnaskan?
It's from a tournament in Japan where parents had to enter along with the kids. It and the Magikarp are notable for being the only 2 Japanese tournament prizes from the first several years of the game that actually exist in decent quantities.

Lol, with eBay/paypal fees, you'd be lucky to get $125 for an ungraded Zard. Whoever wrote this just wanted desperately to shove in a second Pokemon card.

Lol, with eBay/paypal fees, you'd be lucky to get $125 for an ungraded Zard. Whoever wrote this just wanted desperately to shove in a second Pokemon card.

Didn't need to work that hard. PreRaichu is easily worth more than any Zard ever will be.

From what I've heard the Cyber Stein is actually worth more than that, same with Spectral Tiger.

Seems weird that they add huge amounts of value to Pokémon then detract it from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back