Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The effect on US nationals from Canadian Nationals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer

Based on the results, 2 decks made a huge impact:

Yanmega Varients
ZPS

could this have an impact on what US players will play at US nats? Do you guys think MagneBoar will still be the top deck?

Discuss.

But really, magnezone one shots it with one energy LZed and a ppower. COuld it be that there just wasn't a lot of hyped meta decks being played there?

But really, magnezone one shots it with one energy LZed and a ppower. COuld it be that there just wasn't a lot of hyped meta decks being played there?

From what I saw, they can take advantage of Reversaling an Emboar and sniping the bench. (You are forced to wait till you draw a Switch)

I just love that I can snipe the bench because set-up is so huge right now.

If by top deck you mean most played, then yes MagneBoar will be most played. If you mean the best deck, no.

I think many people here are stubborn, and will dismiss Canadian results, I have seen some ignorant posts here and there.

On another note I think you need to play what you are most familiar with, not that you can't win with something new but just for the sake of comfort and confidence.
Posted with Mobile style...

People reported there was a fair number of MagneBoar there. From reading articles here, it seems that everyone was banking on the ability to hide behindCleffa until MagneBoar set up. Yanmega takes thatbaway.

Magneboar uses judge once magnezone is set up. It offers one sided disruption. You don't want to be judging when you are trying to setup, that's basically last resort stuff there.

Responding directly to the topic at hand, I don't think Canada's results will have a significant effect on the Nationals field as a whole.

I do, however, think that good players (which is a smaller minority in the Nationals field as a whole) will certainly take the results into account, but with a heavy dose of skepticism.

As far as I know most Magneboars do use Judge for the fact you can draw 2 more with 'zone and make it, as previously stated, one sided disruption.

I think the Megazone decks being played at Canadian nats will definitely have an impact on the US Nats. Maybe not so much in the way people expect, but in everybody teching against it.

I see everyone saying that X with a PlusPower one-shots it, but how many people actually have room for PlusPower? It takes away from consistency, and even if you're only running 1-2, who's to say you're going to draw it when you need it? There were a ton of "meta" decks out there. The majority of them simply collapsed because of their lack of versatility.

Wow, Canada's nats really put a spanner in the works. Seems like all the Americans were feeling really safe and cushy, getting ready to play the deck they wanted weeks before the event... And then unheard of decks dominate Canada's nationals. Have fun next week, guys!

I think a lot of people won't want to believe that Zone/Boar isn't BDIF and that Zekrom is legit.

And once again Baby Mario says it best. People will deny the painfully obvious in favor of theorymon. Those that do not at least consider the results of Canadian Nats are doomed to fail.

Personally this is just my opinion, but I think the impact Canada nationals has on the US is far too hard to pinpoint. On one hand you'll have players jumping the bandwagon and playing decks that topped canada nats while on the other hand some players will just stick to what they have currently. However, the big problem with just playing the decks that topped canada nats is that you have only a week to prepare them. I am 100% positive that the players who played creative decks at canadian nats have worked on perfecting them for weeks in advance. If u were working on a magneboar list all this time and just switch to kingdra yanmega or w/e, you would more than likely do worse with it having so little time to prepare.

Zekrom is great. Not denying that [have had the deck built for 2 months]... however, I feel the reason WHY it won Canadian Nationals was the fact Yanmega was so popular. With so many people going for counters to Magneboar, the counter of the "counters" was the perfect play.
Remember, just because you don't go X-0, doesn't mean you don't have the best choice... just gotta get that foot in the door.

Also, it won't affect anything because the usual motto of people is "If it doesn't win here.. I don't really care... they're not as good as us."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back