Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Thread of Mourning for Cards Lost

The sudden jump to HGSS on has been a death sentence for some wonderful cards that were worthy of a better fate than they received at the hands of Luxray, Sableye, Garchomp and the rest. Here, post the cards you want remembered and why. I'll go first.

Rest in Peace, Bebe's Search. Bebe's Search was best searching card EVER since Celio's Network. Not broken at all and used by everyone. It at least should have gotten a reprint.

I'm perfectly happy with Bebe's Search being gone. She had 3 years of front-lines combat duty. Let her retire.

Cards I'm sad to see go:

Glaceon MD
Glaceon Lv. X MD
Leafeon Lv. X MD
Jolteon RR
Vaporeon RR
Flareon RR

Flygon RR
Flygon Lv X RR
Nidoqueen RR

Gardevoir PT
Luxray AR

...All cards I wish had gotten some more time in the competitive spotlight, and would've, were it not for SP. Okay, Leafeon/Glaceon are debatable, but...

Gallade 4 PT
Gallade 4 Lv. X PT

Bellossom LA

Mewtwo Lv. X LA (no use for you past PT, but I love you anyway, Mewtwo)

Blissey PL
Charizard AR
Dusknoir SF
Tyranitar SF

Cards that had use, but have ultimately no longer been usable because of SP - even though they were loads of fun.

For the most part though I'm very happy with the rotation, and most of the really cool cards we wished we could be using - are HGSS-on!

My only complaint with this rotation is that there will be no Modified-legal Glaceon. :(

Rest in Peace all of the Arceus. We never even got to see them shine like they could have in the upcoming format.

Gengar Stormfront. Sniff... Sniff...

Bebe's Search

Crobat G

Skuntank G Sniff...

Gardevoir PL

Nidoqueen RR

Spiritomb AR

I miss a ton!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta say, even though I'm ok with it going down for sake of a better game, I'm REALLY gonna miss being able to show up with Regigigas to every tournament...

Rest in Peace, all those cards who, due to the SP metagame, did not receive a fair shake, and will not be able to due to the rotation:

Jirachi RR (playtested, was a great RR-on starter)
Flygon RR (Could have been revived, now is lost to the annals of Pokemon history)
Charizard AR (At least we have Reshiram now, but come on...Charizard!)

Also, bye bye Spiritomb AR (effectively making Vileplume useless) and Bebe's Search.

I'm sad to see that Flareon RR, Nidoqueen RR, and the lesser known SP's (Turtwig GL, Quagsire GL) are going out of the format. However, I'm very. very happy that we finally get a new format!

Sadness for all of the Stage 2 Pokemon from PT through AR that were decent, but could not stand up to the Basic Barrage. RIP...

Flygon RR
Garchomp SV
Charizard AR
Torterra PT
Ampharos PT
Blastoise PT
Ludicolo PT
Luxray AR
Both Nidos RR
Sally AR and LvX

Also RIP to all 9 Arceus and all 6 Rotoms (including Charon). Those would've been FUN decks in an RR-on format!

And a giant Don't Let Da Door Hit Ya to the following cards:

LA Pixies
Sableye
Crobat G
Cyrus' Conspiracy
Garchomp C LvX
Luxray GL LvX
Dialga G LvX
Palkia G LvX
The entire set of Stormfront
Spiritomb (both)
Ambipom G
PlusPower (in its classic form)
Expert Belt

I will not miss any cards from SF, Platinum or Rising Rivals barring the following:

SF Abomasnow (Got taken out of its prime before it had a chance to shine)
SF Dusknoir + Level X (Same deal as the above)
RR Jirachi (Such a good set up card that couldn't work due to the speed format.)

I will also miss:

LA Regirock: There goes my Magnerock.. :(
Azelf LA: Say what you want about Mesprit and Uxie, Azelf is still a fantastic card that I liked having around.
Gliscor Level X: Had a few good runs, but not enough to be viable. RIP card that had enormous potential.
Regigigas: The entire deck is gone. Totally fun and awesome deck never to be seen again. :(
The entire Arceus Line: I was just getting some of my arceus supplies too... x.x
Charizard: The first good Charizard came in a time in which SP's dominated and never got off the ground. For shame.

Luxchomp, you got me 2nd at Nats, but you I will never miss.

Charizard, you got me 2nd at States and you kind of look like my cat, you I will miss a little.

Steelix, good ol' buddy you got me top 32 at Worlds, I'm gonna ... wait for it ... play you again one day yes!

Metanite, I still play with you to this day for fun. Best Deck Ever. RIP.

I'm sorry that I won't get to play my Shaymin from Platinum with all those double-colorless energies at modified events anymore. I'm also sad that I won't be able to play any more Bebe's search or Uxie. I'll miss everything. This past format was when I actually got into playing competitively.

RIP floatzel gl lv.X. Most underused awesomeness ever. You will always hold a place in my *cough* kingdra prime deck *cough* heart.

on another note, BURN IN H*** SABLEYE!!!

Forretress LA--you went undefeated at a battleroads when you were paired with Blastoise SW and smeargle SW. Now you rest with them.

So many cards I liked from MD+, I'll keep it short

RIP AMU, my favorite deck ever
RIP Leafeon MD/Lv.X, the first deck I won a tournament with
RIP Empoleon, the first deck I was succesful with
RIP Regigigas, my favorite deck until I started playing AMU
RIP Abomasnow, the fun SP deck

HGSS-on here we go!

Back