Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Triumphant Top20

Goldenthumb

I took from Triumphant what I think would be the Top20 playable cards. What I wanna know where you guys think each card ranks in playability from 1-20. I'll give my list below.

20. Magmortor
19. Porygon Z
18. Nidoking
17. Grumpig
16. Electrivire
15. Bannet
14. Wailord
13. Ditto
12. Nidoqueen
11. Solrock
10. Blackbelt
9. Pidgeot
8. Junk Arm
7. Gengar Prime
6. Rescue Energy
5. Machamp Prime
4. Absol Prime
3. Mew Prime
2. Twins
1. Seeker

8. Junk Arm (trainer lock is too popular right now)
7. Gengar Prime (without lost zone he is just a disruption card at best)
6. Rescue Energy (I only see this being usable in a select few decks)
5. Machamp Prime (Just what T1 champ needed to compete with everything else)
4. Absol Prime (Probably the most powerful basic pokemon I've ever seen)
3. Mew Prime (people will get really creative with this card, only time will tell)
2. Twins (Almost made #1, but not a card that can be abused as much as seeker)
1. Seeker (unlike Twins, you might actually see 4 of these in a lot of decks. And with trainer lock making its presence known, this is just what SPs need to stay above sea level.)

Gengar Prime helps beat Sp. Absol Prime takes 2 turns to power up, and will get one shot by anything good. Most decks that are going to run 4 Seeker won't be consistent. Rescue Energy is only helpful in Gyradoes.

Seeker will be a a two or three of in some decks. As of right now it is no where near as staple as Twins. Twins is what every deck other than SP(Even though it will be useful) will use to keep up in this format. It is now in my opinion staple and every stage two deck should include AT LEAST three. It's that good. Also how is SP gonna fit in four seeker? I mean since there is so much trainer lock they might as well just take out poketurns all together right?:rolleyes:

Pidgeot is definitely interesting...2 more Energy for the opposing to attack is definitely attractive, and you can slap a DCE onto Pidgeot to get it going right away. I'm liking...just a same Luxray GL will fry it if it can get off an attack >.>

I could see Absol Prime being good as an SP tech against gengar and let's keep in mind that Mew Prime has only 60HP

IMO, Pidgeot's more of a counter to Gyarados, seeing as it runs so little energy, much less basic energy.

Anyways, a Top 10, off the top of my head:

10. Spiritomb
9. Magmortar
8. Porygon2
7. Electivire
6. Rescue Energy
5. Solrock
4. Machamp Prime
3. Junk Arm
2. Seeker
1. Twins

And yeah.

Solrock
Junk Arm
Gengar Prime
Rescue Energy
Machamp Prime
Twins
Seeker

Seems to me like those are the only cards worth mentioning at the moment.
I see Pidgeot as cute at best. It gets killed by too much to not have a partner but at the same time, nothing really supports it...

10. Yanmega Prime
9. Celebi Prime
8. Electrode Prime
7. Black Belt
6. Mew Prime
5. Junk Arm
4. Machamp Prime
3. Rescue Energy
2. Seeker
1. Twins

IMO, Pidgeot's more of a counter to Gyarados, seeing as it runs so little energy, much less basic energy.

10. Spiritomb
9. Magmortar
8. Porygon2
7. Electivire
6. Rescue Energy
5. Solrock
4. Machamp Prime
3. Junk Arm
2. Seeker
1. Twins

And yeah.

Wow. Sir that is an excellent idea

1. Twins
2. Junk arm
3. Seeker
4. Machamp prime
5. Rescue energy

There's my top 5.

Twins will revolutionize the metagame entirely.

Junk arm is great, and gives Dialgachomp a new playtoy it never really needed in the first place.

Seeker is awesome. Re-using mespirit's has no downside unless your opponent is smart and preps multiple sprays to stop the lock for a turn. Other options abound as well. Only reason it isn't higher is because people did the same thing with flints. Yeah, it's cool, but I don't think the majority of the gym realizes how big it is using your supporter for the turn in a way that usuallly doesn't help you get set up.

Machamp prime gives machamp an answer to all the decks that it didn't have one for before. Yeah, it's straight forward, but it can afford to be when it does as much damage as it does.

Rescue energy makes Gyara a contender again, and helps a TON of stage 1 and stage 2 decks. Nuff said.

My friend is obsessed with Yanmega. He doesnt seem that bad though, he could be a sweet donk deck. DGX is a massive problem though

10. Spiritomb
9. Magmortar
8. Porygon2
7. Electivire
6. Rescue Energy
5. Solrock
4. Machamp Prime
3. Junk Arm
2. Seeker
1. Twins

And yeah.

Rofl, Pidgeot vs Gyarados would be soooo funny XD

But really, Pidgeot hurts any opposing attacker, forcing them to use a lesser attack or stack on extra unneeded Energy to do a main one.

Oh yeah, my top 10 for the heck of it:

10. Cubone - Again, another card I see potential in. -80 damage from incoming attacks when you have all 4 Marowaks in your discard is a huge damage buffer many Pokemon cannot overcome. Only real cons are its low HP (40 is bleh and Expert Belt still makes it a bad 60), plus Machamp walks over it of course.
9. Pidgeot - What can I say, I see potential here. It basically makes it a huge burden on your opponent to attack, SP decks in particular have trouble dealing with it since they run both low Energy counts and rely on lowered attack costs. Just a shame that Weakness is :lightning:...
8. *tie* Bronzong and Palkia/Dialga Legend - Bronzong gives any Legend-oriented decks a huge boost by being able to summon one instantly, and Palkia/Dialga Legend itself is a fairly interesting Legend as well to use, being able to stall out a game due to its prize adding attack.
7. Spiritomb - Very neat, flexible spread damage. Poke-Power is kinda bad (giving your opponent a new hand of 6 is just a bit too much to be disruptive), but Color Tag is definitely neat.
6. Magnezone Prime - NOT as a tech into other decks, but because it could signal the return of Magnezone decks in general; there's a ton of them out there, and all you need to do is a bit of mixing and matching to come up with a good consistent build. Lost Burn is also incredibly powerful, even with the cost of permanently losing those Energy for the game; a mere 3 sent to the Lost Zone will OHKO 99% of the Pokemon out there with 150 damage. It might even be fun to somehow run this with Feraligatr Prime, sinking tons of :water: Energy onto himself, then using Lost Burn to take prizes.
5. Rescue Energy
4. Machamp Prime - BIG dude, I mean this guy almost has the Lv X's HP and is half the trouble to get into play. Combine that with a great Poke-Power and solid attacks and you have a great addition to Machamp decks everywhere to address combating non-Basic Pokemon.
3. Seeker - a bit more subjective since your opponent also can benefit from this, but it's a great overall Supporter that should see some play.
2. Junk Arm - Provides some much needed discard power, and it even grabs you a Trainer from your discard for your troubles.
1. Twins - Need I say more? Grab any 2 cards you want when you lose a Pokemon allows for some major comebacks to happen

Is it just me, or will there be alot of stage 2 deck waiting for the other player to KO one of their pokemon so they can use Twins? So in a stage 2 vs stage 2 matchup neither player would want to make the first move.

Back