1 Slugma DX (collect)
3 Magcargo DX
2 Onix TRR
2 Steelix EX
1 Aipom
1 Lugia EX
Trainers (23)
4 Prof elm's training method
3 Rare candy (pheraps 2 rare candy and 1 energy recycle system)
3 Tv reporter (field worker EF-on)
2 Steven's advice
2 Rocket's admin
1 Copyczat
2 Swoop teleporter
2 Pokemon retriever
4 Holon's ruins
Energy (16)
2 Warp point
3 Fire energy
5 Fighting
4 Metal energy
2 Holon's magneton

Match:

Scizorgross: autowin

Metanite: autowin

Medicham: autoloss

Nidoqueen: 50 / 50 with extra fast setup i can do 100 by turn 3 killing pidgeot as soon as came out and killing nidorinaS when they came out.one the first steelix goes down by a nidoqueen i shoul have a charged lugia. With 2-3 dead evolution power lariat shouldn't do more than 60 damage (100 on a tanked steelix, 30 on lugia, 50 on a ttar) so i can send in lugia or ttar to kill the last 2-3 nidoqueen (i have 2 warp energies and holon's magneton to take them back when i use them to retrait from toxic.
If nidoqueen setup really fast (4-5 evos by turn 4-5 and double pidgeot) i can be in trouble (mainly due to its ability to lay down a desert ruin every turn).

Slowking: Plusle start is common (4 plusle + 2 swoop) so survivng a few turn is not difficult.
Once a steelix is ready i can ko most of the kings in a few turns! Admin helps a lot.
About 60-40

ZRE: all about setup. if i can have steelix by turn 3 i can kill every voltorb /electrode before the time is right for explosion, Zapdos can't damage steelix and rayquaza requires many energies. about 80-20.
only pows can save them (but 3 energies are easy to find in this deck).
ZRE with 4 BF is more difficult but usually it has a slower setup (magmar version is slower and has problem killing bascis early game).

Ludicargo: i played only 2 game (too few to really tell). i think ithis is near to autoloss cause of Magcargo UF.

Dragtrode: I played few game. electrode can't attack steelix.
sneasel can do same damage but needs to many dark energy and is ohkoed next turn...
Dragonite is the real problem (but to do some damage it needs many dark so a 1hko from lugia can be hard).
thought one. it's really up to setup! 40-60

Last edited:
Isn't hard to get Lugia ex to attack? Swoop doesn't get exs, and its too hard to get t-tar out for consectutive attacks. IMO

3/3/3 Tyranitar
2/2 Steelix
3/3 Magcargo (You can go -1/1 Depends on your setup ability)
3 Pulse
-22-

Energy 16
10 Basic Energy
4 Holon Pokemon
2 Metal (Not needed, I see why but I'd rather increase Holon or basic energy)

Gatsu said:
following recent fashion here's a deck i tried today and that worked very good:

Pokemon (21)
4 Plusle DX
2 Larvitar Delta
1 Pupitar Delta
2 Tyranitar Delta
2 Slugma UF
1 Slugma DX (collect)
3 Magcargo DX
2 Onix TRR
2 Steelix EX
1 Aipom
1 Lugia
Trainers (23)
4 Prof elm's training method
3 Rare candy (pheraps 2 rare candy and 1 energy recycle system)
3 Tv reporter (field worker EF-on)
2 Steven's advice
2 Rocket's admin
1 Copyczat
2 Swoop teleporter
2 Pokemon retriever
4 Holon's ruins
Energy (16)
2 Warp point
3 Fire energy
5 Fighting
4 Metal energy
2 Holon's magneton

Match:

Scizorgross: autowin

Metanite: autowin

Medicham: autoloss

Nidoqueen: 50 / 50 with extra fast setup i can do 100 by turn 3 killing pidgeot as soon as came out and killing nidorinaS when they came out.one the first steelix goes down by a nidoqueen i shoul have a charged lugia. With 2-3 dead evolution power lariat shouldn't do more than 60 damage (100 on a tanked steelix, 30 on lugia, 50 on a ttar) so i can send in lugia or ttar to kill the last 2-3 nidoqueen (i have 2 warp energies and holon's magneton to take them back when i use them to retrait from toxic.
If nidoqueen setup really fast (4-5 evos by turn 4-5 and double pidgeot) i can be in trouble (mainly due to its ability to lay down a desert ruin every turn).

Slowking: Plusle start is common (4 plusle + 2 swoop) so survivng a few turn is not difficult.
Once a steelix is ready i can ko most of the kings in a few turns! Admin helps a lot.
About 60-40

ZRE: all about setup. if i can have steelix by turn 3 i can kill every voltorb /electrode before the time is right for explosion, Zapdos can't damage steelix and rayquaza requires many energies. about 80-20.
only pows can save them (but 3 energies are easy to find in this deck).
ZRE with 4 BF is more difficult but usually it has a slower setup (magmar version is slower and has problem killing bascis early game).

Ludicargo: i played only 2 game (too few to really tell). i think ithis is near to autoloss cause of Magcargo UF.

Dragtrode: I played few game. electrode can't attack steelix.
sneasel can do same damage but needs to many dark energy and is ohkoed next turn...
Dragonite is the real problem (but to do some damage it needs many dark so a 1hko from lugia can be hard).
thought one. it's really up to setup! 40-60

Here's my fix on the deck
Energy Line
7 Fire
4 Metal
4 Holon's Electrode
Yes I know Warp is great and all, and I'm sure you think Fighting should be used, but with Holon's you can just Crush energy down, then play down Holon's Trode, But thats your choice.

Now, my fixes to Trainers and Energy, take out Retriever and put in Farmer, for it serves a dual purpose, getting energy/Pokemon back, helpful for Crush Draw. Now I think that you should take out Reporter for 1 Steven, and 1 CopyCat. so Thats 2 more spaces, then take out the Aipom, and add in a 1-1-1 more of TTar.

I agree with killing the aipom and the fightings but not for another Ttar line. More Holon pokemon and more draw power. IMO the best draw cards for this deck are cards that let you draw a new hand copycat/admin/oak.

aipom + plusle and an early magcargo is istant search early game.

it gives me a lot of setup consistency!!!
i know i can achieve the same result with holon's ruins but:
1) i don't like to put down the first stadium (i like to be able to counter desert ruins and BF)
2) with only 2 larvitar DELTA i'm not granted to have them early game so i can't use holon's ruins
3) sometimes i have nothing to discard after i draw the card i want..

so i think aipom can be usefull for early game consistency

i think i'll do this:

-1 rare candy
-1 fighting
+2 holon's pokemon
-1 fire
+1 energy recycle system

Last edited:
Honestly Venu, I think it does because it gets energy from the deck. Gatsu, I think Holon Farmer is better then ERS/Retriever, its both in 1, I know its supporter for turn, but Its helpful. Also, You honestly don't need fightings, Holons can easily substitute for them.

i like this move:

crush draw for a fighting.
put an holon's magneton on it and discard it for 100.

next turn: crush and draw again for fighting, put a fighting energy form the deck, discard them for 100.

i like this cuz i only need 1 exact card in hand every two turn (Holon's magneton first turn, i already have F energy in the second).

using holon's magneton every turn means thai i need an exact card every turn and my hand becomes full of basic energy (so in need an admin or a copycat after few turns).
another reason for some fighting in the deck is that sometimes i can put a fighting energy early game (when ttar-cargo is not yet available).
Late game i can put a metal or a WARP energy (sometimes very important if steelix is not active) as energy attachment and use ttar-cargo for the second Fighting energy....

i like to play also some straight draw support to be able to use smooth over twice a turn (i like 2 magcargo in play: 1 for crush draw and 1 to draw the selected card). so 3-3 line is veay good to me.

Warp energy are quite useful too. i can put them when needed and take them back with holon's.

i thank everybody for help tho!
i like the farmer idea: 3 Fighting and 3 holon's back in the deck means 4 more shots!
i liked retriever cuz i can get one straight in hand if needed!

Venusaur: i've been playing both in these days and i can tell Blastoise > TTar-cargo.
it has a type (W) that helps against some fire and some fightings (rhydorn is popular).
it works even when BF and Medicham is out.
it only requires 2 card (1 water and 1 holon's) to put 3 energy in a single turn (for the cost of 2 damage counters).
So blastoise is a little better in an all around enviroment (=> some chances against medicham or a typhlosion deck). Against all other deck ttarcargo is more solid and resistent (no damage counter and can make use of metal on both ttar and steelix).
Ttar is a great attacker too! With a metal, 120 hp and no weakness it's a beast!!!

the funny thing is that it eats Scizor

Last edited:
yeah ttar delta is a cool pokemon, except i still think it's hard to get it out. but it beat me once. just watch out for battle frontier and metal resistance if you plan to use ttar delta.
and yeah, scizor stands little chance against it.

IMO, you dont have an autowin against SMP. I've played with my deck against tyranicargo, and I've won 7 out of 10. Anyway, great deck!

yeah, i don't believe in auto wins, it always depends on the player. and yeah, i agree with carlossan, great deck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back