Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ugh, got into a fight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakak

I got in to a fight with my next door neighbor the other day, because of all of the things he has said about me/my friends over the past few years...idk why I put up with it, but here are some of the things he has siad about me:

I'm bad at sports
I'm fat/chubby
I have an accent/really high voice, so he makes fun of me for that
I'm a geek
laughs at me when something happens (like, i say something stupid)
Calls me weak, and that he (mind you, he's only 95 lbs) could beat me up any time.
Says that all of my friends are full of crap (this really, really, really made me P.O.'d). And he hasn't even met my friends, he just assumes they're uncool and un-trutheful (everyone I know is much cooler than him)

He's not even my friend really....but anyways, the fight...

He made up rules, like not to hit in the head or the rib cage (my big mistake was following these rules =/)
The fight went no-where, but he never got a good shot off on me, and I saw him crying once and going crazy on me (I made him mad by punching him in the jaw once, but he punched me in the face)

and we could only use our fists, but if we could have used anything, he'd be KO'd by know....

Then, I went home and cried...

I told my mom/dad/uncle, and my uncle made a few god points on how I shoulda broke every rule and took him down right there, right then. And then my uncle I was only crying cuz I had rage inside of me, which was true.... and my dad/mom were proud of me, but my dad said only to get into fights if I have to...I did have to though, he just made me so mad in every way, i just wanted to beat the living (cencsored) out of him....

thank you for reading....

Last edited:
Are you asking for advice? Mine is, you shouldn't have done this unless you had to.
Making "me so mad in every way" just isn't good enough reason. Try avoiding this person.

I'm not really asking for advice, I'm just letting people know what I'm going through, and to let people discuss it. I had to fight him so he wold lay off my and stop calling me names and making fun of me.

I'm not really asking for advice, I'm just letting people know what I'm going through, and to let people discuss it. I had to fight him so he wold lay off my and stop calling me names and making fun of me.
So you think there's nothing else you could have done?
Your story seems very short. What else did you do before you fought him? It doesn't seem, by your story, that all your other options were exhausted.

well, he kept calling me weak and inferior to him. So I had to beat him up so he would know that I;m not a push-over. Its been going on for years (the name calling etc.) and I got mad at it, and decided it was the day to fight. We're probaly not friends anymore...

Like i said in another post on fighting. Some times the the only thing a bully understands is when you beat the crap out of them. Then they will leave you alone.

Rules....please. Just put him in a Guillotine, squeeze the life out of his head, then just ask "Done?" and it goes on. If you really want to take care of the guy though just challenge him to a rematch

I guess if I hadn't of followed his "rules", he wouldn't of gotten up after the fight.... But I shouldn't of followed them, and jutv'e hoped I wouldn't break anything...

i firmly believe that what you did is right. if someone is making you feel like the worlds doesnt have room for you, they deserve to get quite a many black eyes. i would have done the same and im proud that you stood up for yourself in such a way. also, i agree with your uncle, you should have broken the rules and kept your pimp hand strong.

You should always be the better man in situations like this. It's corny, but "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me". Unless you get attacked physically, physical force is never an option. You get second at worlds last year so I guess your going to Hawaii, ask him where HE'S going this summer, fight with your wit, not your fists.

You should always be the better man in situations like this. It's corny, but "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me". Unless you get attacked physically, physical force is never an option. You get second at worlds last year so I guess your going to Hawaii, ask him where HE'S going this summer, fight with your wit, not your fists.

Thats true, but once again, that would mean that he'd still call me a push-over and say he could beat me up. I needed to fight to show him my physical strength

Thats true, but once again, that would mean that he'd still call me a push-over and say he could beat me up. I needed to fight to show him my physical strength

You're 10 or 11 years old I'm guessing. You shouldn't have a physical strength to show him in the first place at your age, and vica versa.

If he says "ha! your a geek", ask him out about the holiday thing, if he says he could still beat you up, ask him how he's going to beat you up when you're in Hawaii XD

You're the second best player in the world of a major collectable card game, that takes skill to play well. I'm pretty sure you have a higher IQ and are probably a better person with a better future than this guy. You don't need to resort to fighting to prove your point.

You>Him - You know that, your friends know that, why should you have to prove that to him?

wit will get your A kicked

You're 10 or 11 years old I'm guessing. You shouldn't have a physical strength to show him in the first place at your age, and vica versa.

If he says "ha! your a geek", ask him out about the holiday thing, if he says he could still beat you up, ask him how he's going to beat you up when you're in Hawaii XD

You're the second best player in the world of a major collectable card game, that takes skill to play well. I'm pretty sure you have a higher IQ and are probably a better person with a better future than this guy. You don't need to resort to fighting to prove your point.

You>Him - You know that, your friends know that, why should you have to prove that to him?

So placing high in a pokemon card game tournament makes him a better person?
=/

i firmly believe that what you did is right. if someone is making you feel like the worlds doesnt have room for you, they deserve to get quite a many black eyes. i would have done the same and im proud that you stood up for yourself in such a way. also, i agree with your uncle, you should have broken the rules and kept your pimp hand strong.

Aye mate. Violence is almost never the answer. Although sometimes there is nothing left to do but smash a bottle over his head, not that I mean that literally. Well in some cases...

hmm....true, true..... What holiday thing...? And your right about all of those...I jus twasn't thinking straight and i had rage inside of me and just wanted to attack that little snot...

Personal experience: starting a fight was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Similar situation, with at least three more people. Same comments, almost exactly. Happened for about 5 years in total.

One day in Gym, I just snapped, and hit one of the guys 3-4 times with a plastic goalie stick, giving him a paper cut on his left middle finger.

I took the punishment the school gave me, no problem with that.

Nobody bothered me again.

Certain people will only stop when they are physically beaten down. There is nothing that you can do to stop that. Of course, you have to try every other means at your disposal to get the guy to shut up. If none of that works, and you've tried everything else several times, then and ONLY then is the right time to engage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back