Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Undefeated NW Regionals (Seniors) + List

KAZUTO!!!

After playing MewLock at the first BR of the season and not doing so well (opened 4 Rainbow/2 Muk/Yanme/Psychic/Twins vs. Zekrom R1), I decided I would probably switch for the next BR. Unfortunately I couldn't make either of the next two so I'd have to start the season with 0 Championship Points.

Anyways a few weeks before I recieve information that the metagame is completely Zekrom and Reshi, with a few Stage 1s as well. Immediately I think I'll play Ross's "The Truth" deck, because once set up it beats all of those. However 2 weeks before I don't really feel like playing it; I feel like R1 I'd be paired against a bad matchup and lose or something. So I built MagneBoar (with 20 Energy!) and really liked it, and up until the night before I was going to play it.

However the night before I doubt it, ZPST was beating it consistently. So I decided to just play Ross instead and hope for the best. This is the list I used:

Pokemon:

3 Oddish
1 Gloom
2 Vileplume
3 Solosis
2 Duosion
2 Reuniclus
2 Phanpy
2 Donphan
2 Zekrom
1 Reshiram
1 SEL Top
1 SEL Bottom
2 Pichu
1 Cleffa
1 Rotom

Trainers:

4 Twins
3 Collector
3 Sage
3 PONT
3 Rare Candy
3 Communication
2 Seeker
1 Cheren
1 Tropical Beach

Energy:

4 DCE
4 Rainbow
2 Fighting
1 Fire

Similar to the one Ross used at Worlds, except without Blissey and with Rotom and another Dragon, and I found space for another Draw Supporter somewhere.

So Kabir and I get to the place, Kabir is playing MagneBoar and I am playing Ross.

Round 1 vs. Olliver B. w/ ReshiBoar

We both get bad starts, but his is worse. He start Reshi/Tepig, I start Zekrom with 2 Rainbow, both SEL halves, and some other stuff I can't use. So I draw, and because he's complaining about his start I Bench SEL and attach Rainbow. He attaches-passes. I draw into Twins! I hope I can bait a Blue Flare by Rainbowing to active so it's within KO range. So I do so, he attaches 20. My turn, I topdeck PONT! Get a new hand containing Fighting and DCE, he Outrages my Zek, I Outrage him, he KOs me, I DCE Bursting Inferno KO. He draws, promotes Tepig, and scoops. GG.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Robert M. w/ ReshiPhlosion

This one went like normal, I set up Vileplume, Reuniclus, and SEL and start sweeping through him, feeding him Prizes to avoid Black Belt, etc. GG.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Hayden w/ ResihPhlosion

He gets out THREE Typhlosion T2. And a fourth T4. But it's okay, I set up and he can't run me out of Energy so I win. He does misplay because he only has 2 Typhlosions out but he thinks he can Afterburner 3 times, but he can't so after I tell him he scoops. GG.

3-0

Round 4 vs. Micah w/ Yanmega/Donphan

Standard match, I set up SEL and Plume and REuniclus and he can't do anything. GG.

4-0

Round 5 vs. Different Micah w/ ZPST

Sorry for boring matches, it's pretty much how all my games went. I set up and win. GG.

5-0

Round 6 vs. Sam w/ ZPST

This is a bit different! Instead of trying to attack me he tries to deck me by never taking a Prize! Yeah I set up and when I'm about to deck I PONT and he scoops. GG.

6-0

Round 7 vs. Koichi N. w/ ZPST

Same thing, set up and win more or less. GG.

7-0

So I finish Swiss 7-0. Yay. I find out Top Cut is alllll ReshiPhlosions, Zekroms, and 2 Yanmega/Donphans. Woot, fun matches ahead.

Top 16 vs. Wyatt w/ ReshiPhlosion

Game 1: I set up, he can't do anytihng to my SEL other than hope I misplay and let him Black Belt. Luckily I didn't do that so he loses. GG.

Game 2: This is where my good luck turns bad. I PONT T1 and Pichu. I have Plume in hand and nothing else. I pretty much need to Top a Twins (of which I have 4 left) or Candy (3 left) or PONT (2 left) or Sage (3 left) or Cheren (1 left) or something. My Cleffa was Prized too. Anyways I go for about 7 turns and I dno't see one of those, while he has Catcher every turn. =/ But hey, I can't complain, I had been running well all tournament lol. I scoop, probably a bit too late, with about 15 minutes left. GG.

Game 3:I open lone Phanpy, no DCE or way of getting Pichu or anything. I topdeck... SAGE! Sage into Collector and Twins I think, attach fighting pass, he goes does stuff, I get out Pichu now and there's not much he can do. I set up everything including SEL before he takes 3 Prizes and sweep him. Time is called right after he scoops. GG.

8-0

Yay Top 8. I am paying against Sam, my R6 opponent.

Top 8 vs. Sam w/ ZPST

Game 1: I open lone Oddish and he goes first. I am realllly scared here. Luckily he opened SHaymin and was one Energy short of donking me. =D After that my hand is good, I set up, he scoops pretty early. GG.

Game 2: I set up, waiting for him to KO my Oddish bu the never does, I eventually draw into the Candy Plume anyways and win from there. GG.

9-0

Top 4 now. I'm either against ReshiBoar or ZPST, luckily ZPST won.

Top 4 vs. Ian w/ ZPST

Game 1: Both of these game are similar, I set up everything and win. Give him Prizes to avoid Black Belt too of course. GG.

Game 2: More or less the same as Game 1. GG.

10-0

Top 2 vs. Colter w/ Stage 1s

Game 1: I get T2 Plume, set up SEL, there's nothing he can do. GG.

Game 2: Read Game 1. GG.

11-0

Whoo so I got 1st. Finally won a Regionals! Got a Trip to Canadian Nats and 2 Byes as well, which is nice. Noble Victories boxes too, also great, gonna get Ns and other good stuff when I eventually open them. =D

Props

Kabir
Bidier
Opponents
Judges
Ricky
Kevin... because apparently I won because he wasn't there.
Amelia
Winning/Twinning!
Actually getting Travel Awards and Byes.
Kevin again because apparently I need more than just one spot in Props.
Other friends from Oregon/Washington/BC.
TeamBTCG, it's a Channel on Youtube. Check it out, it's pretty cool.
Cor
Cor for helping me test
Dual Draw

Slops

Not super exciting games lol.
Super strict Judges on discarding Supporters in Top 4 and 2.

Last edited:
Whoo so I got 1st. Finally won a Regionals! Got a Trip to Canadian Nats and 2 Byes as well, which is nice. Noble Victories boxes too, also great, gonna get Ns and other good stuff when I eventually open them. =D
I was under the impression we couldn't win a trip to Canadian Nationals if we entered in the US? Or at least that's what I was told by TPCi when I submitted a ticket. That's some very poor communication on their part if true as it was a major factor in my party deciding the trip wouldn't be worth it (VGC has no prizes other than the travel ones). I do hope you get your trip though!

Congratulations!

Good job !! We should've both be undefeated Canadian winners ;) But I ran into the only deck that day who had a counter for all my walls lol

PS. Why am I not in the props .........

Posted with Mobile style...

Barkjon - Yeah, I almost didn't go because I was gonna miss an important soccer game but decided to go anyways. Glad I went lol.

Julian - Thanks. =)

Firestorm - I thought the same thing, but right before Finals I was talking to my opponent and he said that I would get it. So I asked a Judge, and he said yeah I get the Travel Award.

R3skyline - Thanks, and no problem. Deck did well for me, Blissey is completely unnecessary IMO, and Rotom and the third Dragon saved me a few times.

Simon - Thanks, I almost swept everything but lost one game in T16 lol.

Bidier - Yeah that sucks. =/ Curse of the first lol. And you are in Props now. =)

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Kevin gets two props and I get 0?

Congratulations =DD. Too bad you didn't flip the coin so you could say you won on a flip ;). Also props for using a Cheren.

Grats, glad a Canadian took it down =P

Do you actually win the trip? Pretty much everyone is under the impression that you don't.

What so canadians do get a travel award at US regs? News to me, I might have gone then,lol.
Congrats anyway and your welcome
Posted with Mobile style...

Elite 4 Allen - Yeah haha, after Day 1 I felt really tired lol. Thanks.

Dialga Master - I know right! Meta was perfect for Ross.

Cor - Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! You get 3 Props now. Yeah I used that Cheren for you Cor. =P

Sdrawkcab - That is what Dave Schwimmer told the HJ. Thanks though.

Kevin - Apparently, as I said I only found out right before Finals. THANK YOU!!!

ConGratuLationS!!
Good thing that you didn't have to play MegaZone.
See you at cities!!!
And... Power Spray

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Glad you played ross rather than me :p Way to clutch it for Team Canada!!!!!!!!!!!1
PS Why am I NOT in props over Bidier? Gave you bro fists all day :p

Nice work Jack :) I bet Cheren came in handy. Let me know if you need some help opening your boxes with my handy dandy opening technique

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Glad you played ross rather than me :p Way to clutch it for Team Canada!!!!!!!!!!!1
PS Why am I NOT in props over Bidier? Gave you bro fists all day :p

there's nothing wrong about that ;) only thing Jack should change is putting Kabir after me (cos it should be alphabetic)

Joey - Power Spray! And I can beat Prime Time! It's just more difficult. =P

Ricky - Haha you will be added in Props. =) Thank you.

Murray - Cheren helped a few times, yeah, but Tropical Beach helped a lot more... I almost never used it before the tournament but it saved me like 3 games at the tournament. Also we already opened the Boxes, lol.

Back