Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UPDATED: $11,000,000 or Best Offer

pokemonforever

Okay, now I didn't know whether to post this here or the Gossip forum, or RTC for that matter. And I also know that posting links to marketplaces is probably a no-no, but after seeing this auction I couldn't resist.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220425704655

Comments anyone? I LOL when I saw this.

UPDATE: This auction has ended due to Buy It Now as of June 18, 2009!

A Comprehensive Timeline and Analysis of Auction ID 220425704655

On June 18, a buyer with feedback rating of 57 purchases the item. This also makes it very unlikely that such a buyer has capable funds. It also makes it likely that the buyer has no intention of paying. Final value fees were charged immediately to the seller in the amount of $220,043.00.

Assuming the seller has an invoice date of the 30th, the following events will happen:

1) Seller will initiate Unpaid Item procedures no eariler than June 25, per website policy. If it is 7 days inclusive, seller will have to wait until June 26 to initiate Unpaid Item procedures.

2) Seller's invoice for fees is finalized on June 30, with a bill of at least $220,043.00. Bill is payable on July 15, 2009.

3) Seller will receive said invoice between July 1 - July 3, 2009.

4) Seller will have to wait until the 8th day (July 3 or July 4) until an FVF Credit can be issued from the Unpaid Item procedures, per website policy.

5) Seller will have to pay invoice dated June 30, on or before July 15, 2009. Failure to pay will result in "a late payment charge of 1.5% of the balance past due or the highest amount permitted by applicable law, whichever is lower."

6) Unpaid Item FVF credit granted on the first week of July will be reflected on the invoice dated July 31, 2009.

7) Seller will have to contact Customer Service to request a refund (not a credit) for the large Unpaid Item FVF granted on the July invoice. Refund procedures can take up to 30 days.

ALSO, I found this noted in the website bylaws. "In the event your seller's account is suspended for any reason, any amount due on your account will immediately become due and payable."

Now this may or may not affect you in a probably insignificant manner. The financial quarter ends on June 30, and it is very likely that this will be reported as revenue for Quarter 2 and reversed in Quarter 3. According to publically avaliable financial data this will affect their non-GAAP net revenue by approximately 0.01%.

Disclaimer: All transactions and activities involving auction ID 220425704655 were made on an observational basis. No effort was made to contact any affected party in any manner, electronic or otherwise. All information posted here is based off of factual data obtained from publically avaliable documentation to all registered users of eBay Inc. At the time of publication, pokemonforever did own or control shares of eBay Inc.

Last edited:
Guffaw!!! I just about fell off my chair laughing at that one. Good luck buddy.

My friends and I were laughing about that the other day. Quite possibly the craziest ebay auction I've ever seen for Pokemon cards, and I've seen some crazy ones.

Doesn't it cost money to post auctions? Wow...he will have to pay a fee whether or not it sales.

Its $0.35 to list a buy it now item.

The sad part is that people offered him money.

I would just ignore that item.

Avmozz - It most be that Super Mega Awsome Chocloty Covered Ditto! (That was a reference to yu gi oh the abriged series lol.)

Just sent a question to the seller, this happens all the time either some punk found this to be 'funny' which I have to admit is some what or they made a mistake in the pricing. Mostly its the former but sometimes the latter, I remember someone having an english-promo surfing Pikachu up for $500 and I inquired about why the high price and the seller apologized for the mistake saying it was meant to be $5.00, though something like the auction that has inspired this thread is beyond my comprehension.

Good Photoshop Avmozz lol.

You had me running to the ebay item putting in 10,999,999 as an offer lol.

4 rows down 1 to the right lol.

OMG the Illustrator some one go and by the item!!!!!

Back