Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

VG Nationals Tip of Day - Prepare to surrender your Game Paks!

mysterioustrainer

Okay news is big on the cheating prevention tactic Pokemon USA is enforcing so I have a few tips to prepare your Game Pak prior to going to any J.A.A. Its not about strategy or anything like that but just some helpful advice that could save you some trouble if your game pak gets in trouble with UPS or something. HA!

Prior to going to any Journey Across America stop I strongly recommend you make sure your team is good to go if you are desperate to protect the rest of your data. Data as in other Pokemon and items. So here is my advice.

If you have Pokemon Box for Gamecube, USE IT! It will save you alot of time and is a quick way to isolate your game pak from your entire Pokemon and Items not used in the J.A.A. event. Remember to transfer items you have to attach each of them to each Pokemon. A tiring process I know and even slower if you are only using Ruby or Sapphire versions. However in case anything goes wrong with your game pak while it is in the hands of Pokemon USA, you are bound to get. So if you win and have to surrender your GBA pak for a couple of weeks you will be able to access the rest of your data from Pokemon Box to keep working on other things on your other games.

Understand that this tactic is not likely to avoid your game pak to being detected for cheating if you took out any Pokemon or items that were infected mainly because of the Save Files being more of a journal of your data than just data. That's right! Each element in your game including each of your Pokemon, Items, Key Items such as the Pokedex, Event History, Trainers you battled, how many wild Pokemon you have caught, seen, or battled. How many times you saw your Mom to restore your Pokemon. How is this possible? Well it has to be if your Game Paks to function. So yeah every element is identified by a history and your trainer ID number for your game pak.

If you don't have Pokemon Box, then I recommend transfering any imporrant items or Pokemon that are rare like Jirachi, Deoxys, Celebi or Soul Dew.

If you don't have another GBA pak from the one you are using then I guess there is nothing that can be done.

Also to help prove any innocense in your creation of your teams start a Trainer's Log to document the critical steps of raising each of your Pokemon and time document each step. This is not a verifed way to prove your game pak is innocent but I am sure it will help clear up any raised eyebrows when Pokemon USA sees any Mewtwos with a Special Attack of over 450 or something like that from Effort Value and Independant Value training you put into it! Ha ha ha! Good luck!

If anyone else wants to expand on this subject I would greatly appriciate any other advice to give to other players!

Or just move everything that you're not using to one of your other games (I'll probably move all my Emerald stuff to my LG or Ru game). When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING that is moveable. My Emerald cart will probably only have my 6 Pokemon team with their held items, and nothing else except for money (which, I believe, is nontransferrable).

I thought I laid that out in the main starter Bullados, Pokemon Box is the only way to move Pokemon. Otherwise you have to trade if you do it directly meaning you have to catch alot of Pidgeys or Zigzagoons. And let me tell you what I call Direct Data Transfers take a good couple of days assuming you are moving out 300+ Pokemon and 1000+ items especially if you are moving out a very completed game.

if you don't let them check your cart, they might take away what you won and disqualify you. hearing that makes me really hope they know what they're doing with the games

Boy, I thought this was a joke until I read the Pokemon.com homepage. So, here are my questions:

1. Ok, so what if we caught all of our legendaries with Masterballs? Won't they think that is wierd seeing pokemon released from multiple masterballs?

2. What if we win by way of the last chance qualifier quiz?

3. Will current winners have to do this (out of curiosity)?

Last edited:
Metagross_Ex said:
Boy, I thought this was a joke until I read the Pokemon.com homepage. So, here are my questions:

1. Ok, so what if we caught all of our legendaries with Masterballs? Won't they think that is wierd seeing pokemon released from multiple masterballs?
The most obvious evidence is going to be your OT ID numbers on each of your Pokemon. For example assuming you missed the Mystic Ticket, you would have at least 4 different ID numbers amongst your team of six. So the indication of Master Balls on each Pokemon will be insignificant, besides the Master Ball itself even after it is used is idenitifed by a Trainer ID number too.

2. What if we win by way of the last chance qualifier quiz?

3. Will current winners have to do this (out of curiosity)?
I have a feeling the last chance qualifer winners and previous J.A.A. winners will be forced to send their GBA game paks to Pokemon USA for inspection prior to receiving their travel award.

i've got two things, box and a problem. I lost the original Sapphire pak that most of my pokes were from! does this mean I can't use them?(for future refrence)

As long as you have your own Pokemon in your current version there is no reason you can't participate. I am saying if you win a J.A.A. and you only have one version, then you have to go without that paticular game for a couple of weeks, but hey you at least get a version in return to play with.

I figure when I win one of my J.A.A. I am going too, I am going probably give away my winning version in a upcoming TCG tournament or something.

Nintendo's gone too far

OK, let's just say Nintendo looks like they're going to do a fiasco worse than PowerFest '94 which I was in the attendance for the finals, and I don't like the looks of this one bit.

I'm going to say this, I DON'T shark. But I have done some things that Nintendo might consider cheating, including having 99 of a lot of items legally, Master Balls I imported, and Pokemon from the Japanese games. If my game was given to them, these things would probably be deleted. Forgive me if this is breaking the rules, but I consider this utter ******** and I would never give my Game Pak to anyone. I don't even trust my friends with my stuff, let alone Nintendo! What are they going to do? Hack and delete everything? NO THANK YOU!

On this note, I will do this though:

I challenge all and any finalists to the tournament to play me. Legendaries and Soul Dew's, I don't care. I will still beat you and whomever wants to play me.

Nintendo, bite me.

'Nuff said.

-James Sorge

Benlugia's got a good idea. But again, I dont think they would consider the things you're describing (at least they shouldn't) because you're getting them legitly, even if you do have some from a Japanese game pack, so what? If it can be transfered to an English pak, it's legit. They just dont want anyone to use game altering devices, ie gameshark / action replay / pokemon maker.

And trust me, they wont delete stuff in your game. But if worse comes to worse, you could just sue 'em for it :tongue:

So wait. if they didn't catch Roy, but they're going to catch anyone in the future, what happens to me? Am I the guy that gets screwed by the system? cuz I've played that part before, and I gotta say, I DON'T LIKE IT. oh well.

on a brighter note, I just registered for Houston Space center!

fantasy said:
Benlugia's got a good idea. But again, I dont think they would consider the things you're describing (at least they shouldn't) because you're getting them legitly, even if you do have some from a Japanese game pack, so what? If it can be transfered to an English pak, it's legit. They just dont want anyone to use game altering devices, ie gameshark / action replay / pokemon maker.

And trust me, they wont delete stuff in your game. But if worse comes to worse, you could just sue 'em for it :tongue:

My experience would tell otherwise, especially from my role in playing spoiler years ago. Also, there have been several rules against Japanese games at the Pokemon Center because I exploited it.

So do I trust 'em? Give me a HELL NO!

-James

*shrugs* Their championship, their rules; want their prizes, play by their rules. Makes sense to me...

'mom

SD PokéMom said:
*shrugs* Their championship, their rules; want their prizes, play by their rules. Makes sense to me...

'mom

Well their rules aren't the rules of the game and what's allowed. That's my problem.

And Mom, I've been playing video games for 22 years. I don't necessarily need a tournament to prove myself, I've done it many times.

-James

I have done some research locally and I have found evidence that those who would not want to surrender their game pak at JAA have had a already known history of cheating with a game enhancer, while those who would surrender their games paks have had no known history of cheating. Funny that huh?

Back