Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia's Mysterious Treasures Prerelease Weekend--8/11 & 8/12

totoro

Join us for the second incredible expansion of the Pokémon Trading Card Game's Diamond and Pearl series--
Mysterious Treasures

TOURNAMENT INFO:

I. Date: Saturday, August 11, 2007
Time: Registration is from 11:30 until 12:15. Packs will be passed out promptly at 12:15--don't be late!! Deck building and lunch to follow.

Location: Hobby Works--Fair City Mall (in the mall behind the store--don't worry 'bout the construction!)
9650 Main St
Fairfax, VA 22031
(703) 426-8600

This was a HUGE event last time, so don't be late!!

II. Date: Sunday, August 12, 2007
Time: Registration from 11:30 until 12:15. Packs will be passed out promptly at 12:15--don't be late!! Deck building and lunch to follow.

14249 Midlothian Turnpike
Midlothian, VA 23113
(804) 594-2845

Richmond Comix requests that all interested players preregister by contacting Frank at the store at the above number. Seating is limited at this prerelease!

Bring your POP ID if you have one. If you this is your first event, we'll issue you an ID!!

Entry Fee: $25. All players get 6 brand new, krinkly Mysterious Treasures booster packs to make a 40-card deck (including energy) for use in the tournament. Basic Energy will be provided. (Bring your own basic metal and dark if you want!!) Don't forget that booster packs now contain 10 cards!!

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Floor Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss Pairings. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event. Keep all cards that you open, but no trading until the event is over!!

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: Mysterious Treasures Prerelease stamped Promo Card and promotional item. Plus, all participants will receive 2 additional booster packs after the conclusion of the tournament. Promo item is again a set of deck sleeves, but the design is, well, "mysterious"!!

Door Prizes: Well, I DID bring some items back from Japan--DP2 JPN singles, Tomy D/P figures, and some of the usual US-type swag.

Any player showing up in Hawaiian attire (at least a lei!) will receive 2 door prize tickets!! Hey, if we can't BE at World's we can at least bring some of it to Virginia!!

See everyone there!

I might be @ the Richmond one, but I'll have to check with my folks.

Location: Hobby Works--Fair City Mall (in the mall behind the store--don't worry 'bout the construction!)
The tournament will be on the side where where the Mama Lucia's entrance is, to the left of the Hobby Works entrance if you are facing the store.

Any player showing up in Hawaiian attire (at least a lei!) will receive 2 door prize tickets!!
psst, totoro, remember to wear a shirt under your coconuts :eek: :lol:
Where am I going to find a grass skirt...

Oh boy, got the supplies in today!!! This one's gonna be sweet! Hey, Shadow, be sure your table/chair suppliers are coming, because this one might be a record-breaker!!

Don't forget your lei's people!

Mr. T.

Almost forgot--uber blingy door prize at each of this weekend's events. "Official" D/P damage/dice carrier from Pokémon Center, Tokyo--hand delivered from me to you (plus the "real" Pokémon Center bag it came in!)

Hey, Shadow, be sure your table/chair suppliers are coming, because this one might be a record-breaker!!
Wait, what's going on? Not the current VA state record, right? :eek:

Roll call: Unless you've already told Mary at her league or myself, if you are coming, and if you are bringing a folding chair (relatively standard issue), please make a post as well as the amount of chairs you are bringing before Saturday morning.

I'm guessing no booster draft at the Richmond one.
Stephen, time permitting we will. Got lots of supplies (I hope!!)
Lesson learned from last time: bring lots of stuff to NoVA. You can always run home for more when at midlothian :rolleyes:

Does Mysterious Treasures have Darkness and Metal energy cards?

Well, I can't comment on the US release (since I'm not allowed to open any packs myself in advance of the event!) but the JPN version of the set did have both basic and special versions of metal and darkness energies--but JPN gets a basic energy in each of their packs of 11 cards anyway, so it's probably not fair to compare apples to oranges. Oh, and I will bring plenty of cards--I ordered crazy heavy for the largest league on the East Coast (sorry, Tara!!)

totoro learned today what I learned about 2 tournaments ago - never let the Pokegym thread be your bases for estimated attendance :redface:.

We were all surprised to see a secret rare in the set - mysterious treasures indeed :biggrin:. I only saw 1, but the guy who got it said he saw 2 others before the extra packs were given out. So, we estimated the value at a little more than 1 in every 4 boxes.

As for Team Galactic's Wager, it is printed as Rock-Paper-Scizzors. Personally, I don't understand the anxiety about it. Arguing over who threw what is the equivilant to arguing about what side a coin landed on. Agree when to throw before you perform RPS. RPS is a game we've all played since 2nd grade, if you seriously need a coin to settle it, wait until you get to Stoicheometry :rolleyes:. I was not made aware of any problems with it and it looked like players had great fun with TGW.

Lots of hand disruption and bench damage in the set. And again, more cards that look like they are trying to recreate the base set. I'm wondering if Unlimited will even be needed soon. We could switch to Rocket-On if they keep it up.

Needless to say, there was no side event at Fairfax. I think we got around 71 people. Sadly, it looks like this may be the last event at Fairfax with such a size. While the extended area of Hobby Works will be big, its planned capacity is too small for that many people. We'll see after construction completion what we can do. Maybe I can work a bit of my powers to make it bigger :rolleyes:.

Wow, 71 attendees. Awesome you guys. Sorry I missed it.
I jokingly teased one of my league players. Javier decided my punished was that I HAD to continue judging. There was no escape :eek: :lol:

oooo, I just opened a Special Metal Energy. Why does Sudowoodo have x2 weakness to water, yet it appears to be swimming underwater? :confused:

It looks like there's an error on the text spacing for attacks in the second line. For the attack name, letters that fall below the writing line (g, j, y, etc) actually touch the top of letters like h, k, and l, in the attack text.

Try 78, Shadow! 78 !! Gotta be some kind of record.. 78!! Ain't it GREAT!!!:biggrin:
I need a pepsi/coke.
Well, it crushes last year's State's attendance, which the D/P prerelease tied. It could stand as the new VA prerelease record. The only other record we have in VA is the 2007 States. We'll see.

Geez, I better get to bed; we do ths again tomorrow!
Correction: you do this again tomorrow; I at most will be playing :biggrin:. Although, seeing as Javier has neither PMed nor e-mailed me about the pick-up point, I really am so very tired. In my old age, that will make it more likely that I fail my sleep checks :redface:

Back