Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What Will Win Battle Roads?

darkrai947

Hey guys! It's a new season, promising new strategies and new ways of dominating the game...hopefully. Darn SP pokemon :nonono:. So, BRs are in a couple of weeks. What do you think will win?

Personally worried about Vilegar but haven't tested it or against it yet.

Luxchomp and Dialga will probably rock. Sableye has issues with trainer lock but I'll be playin it anyway

^Ya I'm diggin sablelock. Luxchomp is a bit overrated, but I am definately not going to underestimate it this time around :thumb:

Being a proud DialgaChomp runner, i'm rooting for it to go places. LuxChomp may be overrated but it IS scary...does no one have love for Machamp anymore?

Vilegar, Luxchomp, DialgaChomp, Sablock, I think.

I doubt Machamp will see much play, but you never know.

So I am going to derail the discussion lololol

Sableye vs Vilegar, how does this work? It's very hard to get out a KO vs the tomb fast enough to mean anything, slaying the Vileplume is nearly impossible without Energy Gain and Turn, and the resulting Gengars will just beast you anyway; no viable counters to Gengar exist because of Fainting Spell, so there's no way to just run through them.

Vilegar seems relatively vulnerable to well-placed Initiatives, but obviously I can't rely on that - so is that the extent of my matchup, hoping I can screw them up early on with Initiative and then going for weak kills for the rest of the game?

So I am going to derail the discussion lololol

Sableye vs Vilegar, how does this work? It's very hard to get out a KO vs the tomb fast enough to mean anything, slaying the Vileplume is nearly impossible without Energy Gain and Turn, and the resulting Gengars will just beast you anyway; no viable counters to Gengar exist because of Fainting Spell, so there's no way to just run through them.

Vilegar seems relatively vulnerable to well-placed Initiatives, but obviously I can't rely on that - so is that the extent of my matchup, hoping I can screw them up early on with Initiative and then going for weak kills for the rest of the game?

LOL I beat Vilegar with a sablelock. It wasn't as bad as you think :wink:

Lol the match up is pretty easy, if the Sablelock player gets the lock, they wont be seeing a vileplume out haha. Im pretty sure most Luxchomp and so and so will win most Battle Roads. Hopefully well see some more red face paint decks.

Sablelock should be able to easily beat Vilegar. It is a set up deck which means that sablelock should be able to dominate the field early on. Spiritomb doesn't pose a huge threat. Collector for bats to knock it out before they get evolutions up.

Sablelock should be able to easily beat Vilegar. It is a set up deck which means that sablelock should be able to dominate the field early on. Spiritomb doesn't pose a huge threat. Collector for bats to knock it out before they get evolutions up.

Okay, see, this is exactly what I thought, too. This is coming from a Sableye player, not a Vilegar player.

But what happens when I start Sableye, fail Initiative flips, and they BTS/Darkness Grace Vileplume next turn? It happened to me twice in a row when playtesting. Then where do you go? Sometimes initiative isn't even enough to really stop them!

When you start Sableye, you can't drop Collector, and that messes everything up.

IMO, Machamp is better without Claydol (a lot less vulnerable to Bright Look).

Here's what I think will win BRs, in order of relevance:

First 2 weeks:
1. Vilegar/Vileplume variants
2. Dialgachomp
3. Luxchomp
4. Sablelock
5. Machamp
6. Donphan
7. Healix
8. Arceus
9. Scizor Prime (on sheer numbers)
10. Glistomb