Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What WILL Win States?

darkrai947

At this point, I am starting to become desperate as to what to run at this year's State Championships. There are several decks going around right now, including:
>Luxchomp
>Blazeray
>Kingdra
>Gyrados
>Flygon w/ techs
>Glisctomb
>Typhlosion/Charizard (Take your pick)
>Ampharos
>Donphan
>Lady Gaga
>Gengar
>Plox
>Jumpluff
>Dialgachomp
>Dusknoir

This isnt all of them, but a pretty big majority. So, forum, what do you think will win? What do you think will be the best deck out there?

Last edited:
At this point, I am starting to become desperate as to what to run at this year's State Championships. There are several decks going around right now, including:
>Luxchomp
>Blazeray doubt it
>Kingdra doubt it
>Gyrados
>Flygon w/ techs
>Glisctomb NOPE
>Typhlosion/Charizard (Take your pick) mayyybe, again doubt it
>Ampharos doubt it
>Donphan

This isnt all of them, but a pretty big majority. So, forum, what do you think will win? What do you think will be the best deck out there?

Where's the Gengar? And you have Glisctomb but no Jumpluff as well?

My opinion is SP will probably dominate (because they weren't winning before, right? :tongue: )

personally would love some random deck to come out and sweep a few states i.e a deck people have kept under cover but yeh it wont happen :(

Gator won't win nearly anything it's power reliant i.e plox shuts it down as you said also its lightning weak which really isn't great when one of the most popular cards in the format can 1 shot you with 2 energy and a gain. When blastois from those deck things is released and the format changes yeh its got a shot until then nope :I

>Luxchomp
>Blazeray
>Kingdra
>Gyrados
>Flygon w/techs
>Glisctomb
>Typhlosion/Charizard (Take your pick)
>Ampharos
>Donphan

DialgaChomp/Lady Gaga isn't on there and if that gets big then none of the bolded will do as well due to body lock but still could be competitive just due to the fact that they won't necessarily play dialga every round. and donphan i don't think will do very well if kingdra and gyarados get big

And palkia lock isn't on there but possibly couldn't do well do to a big luxray format

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Gator won't win nearly anything it's power reliant i.e plox shuts it down as you said also its lightning weak which really isn't great when one of the most popular cards in the format can 1 shot you with 2 energy and a gain. When blastois from those deck things is released and the format changes yeh its got a shot until then nope :I

gatr is actually grass weak so that makes it more viable in this format but plox does pretty much give it a rough time and it's definitely an uphill battle

Last edited:
I think LuxChomp, Gyarados, Gengar and possibly Plox will win states this year

I'd have to agree with this as having the best chance of decks that are known to everyone. GG isn't going to do well. It's too slow IMO. Flygon has a better chance than GG IMO. I wouldn't be shocked to see either take a States, but I expect the other 3 will be 1,2, and 3 save a great deck being found out to be played that is not expected.

Drew

Luxray/Garchomp/Dialga I mean there really isn't anything that is definitely better than it..
It shuts down bodies, can become a wall/defensive and do 50 T1 w/DCE's release+e-belt?
I mean this deck is extraordinarly fast and has a great lategame, sure Gengar and Machamp etc., provide problems but those can usually be overcome. Lastly w/ Gyarados, Jumpluff and Kingdra seeing play weak basics can be easily donked T1 w/ DCE. Horsea w/Luxray GL+DCE+Crobat G, going first and then Luxray GL/Garchomp donking Hoppip, Pichu and Magikarp T1 w/ DCE. I really think it is a BDIF that simply got better.

Back