Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who was the first World Champ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the first world champion ever I need to know and seeing as I can't find anything on the internet maybe someone on the sight knew thx.

Well depends if its the first winner of The actual "World Championship" which was in 2002 in Seattle. For that tournament I am not sure but BigChuck01 is the 2002 UNDEFEATED World Champion

Tsuguyoshi Yamato if you're only counting PUIs World Championships

If you include the TMB, it was Ness

If you include the STSs, it was Joseph Viray I believe.

From wikipedia.org:

On August 26 - 27, 2000, forty-two Pokémon trainers from around the world united at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu for the Tropical Mega Battle, an international communication event for the Pokémon Trading Card Game. Jason Klaczynski, 14-year-old Orland Park, Ill., resident, was honored as the Master Trainer of the Tropical Mega Battle after winning the final round of the World Communication Match against fellow Pokémon trainer Toshiya Tanabe of Sapporo, Japan.

In an effort to transcend language and communication barriers through entertaining game-play, the Tropical Mega Battle brought together children, aged 14 and under, from the United States, Japan, France, Italy, Canada, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, for two action-packed days in scenic Honolulu, Hawaii. Children participating in the Tropical Mega Battle received invitations through Qualifier tournaments, DCI rankings, and other events in their respective countries. Creatures Inc., Media Factory and Wizards of the Coast Inc. sponsored the Tropical Mega Battle.

Events throughout the weekend included competitions facilitated by translators for groups of children representing two different languages in each group; a group photo and an opening ceremony featuring remarks from Hawaiian government officials; and a harbor cruise awards ceremony for the winners of the World Communication Match.

Well Technically there are only three World Champions ever in 15+. You can argue that the STS's and TMB were the same thing.

CharizardMaster said:
i mean jason was 14 when he one the first champion ship and now he is older.

I would take that as a given. :wink:

But to be serious, the TMB existed through 2002, so it can't be considered a true world championship. The first real world championship was won by a boy named Dylan (11-14) and a girl named Mindy (10-). :biggrin:

Last edited:
The first official Worlds Championship was in 2002 as Yoshi said. Every other tournament that has been referred to here before 2004 was not called a World Championship.

yoshi1001 said:
I would take that s a given. :wink:

But to be serious, the TMB existed through 2002, so it can't be considered a true world championship. The first real world championship was won by a boy named Dylan (11-14) and a girl named Mindy (10-). :biggrin:

And as some would like you to believe, a big guy named Alex(15+).

CharizardMaster said:
Who was the first world champion ever I need to know and seeing as I can't find anything on the internet maybe someone on the sight knew thx.

was this all needed? lol

Well, Lets Think Here,
Ness AKA Jason K.
Won A TMB, STS, The WOTC Fan Appriciation Tourney and Worlds 06,

Those Were All The Biggest Events That Yr. When They Took Place,
Drew

The TMB doesn't really count, IMO, despite the fact the my kid went to the 2001 TMB (finishing 3rd).

DylanA was the first-ever "official" World champ in 2002 (11-14). He played DarkGatr / Slowking. There was no 15+ tournament at that tournament. Mindy won the 10-under with a "baby-porter" deck (Donphan / babies / Slowking).

BTW, does anyone remember in the Championship game when Dylan's opponent misplayed and got a game-loss in game 1? Dylan then made a misplay of his own in the second game and got a game-loss. Game 3 of that match was the only game that was actually ever played to completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back